Thai Airways to Seattle in past

pbateson

As I know it, Thai has never flown to Seattle with regular schedule service. That is to say.. at least not within the last 15 years.

Being from Vancouver BC, I would have been all over that if it was available!

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that I am.

I don't recall TG operating their own metal to SEA at anytime in the past.

They do have code-share flights, say for example with All Nippon Airways (NH), for NRT-SEA, so these may be sold as part of a TG-issued ticket, with a TG flight number (TG 6086/6087) but the flight is operated by NH (787 Screamliner).

There may be other Star-Alliance code-shares, but I think UA and TG dropped many/most of their code-shares a few years ago.

I think TG has only flown their own metal to LAX (still have one-stop service) and JFK (no longer serviced).

They did used to fly there but can't remember exactly when they stopped.

But looks like circa 1992 when THAI moved N. American HQ to LA from Seattle..

Last flight equipment would have been B747-200 (via Tokyo).

So, when are they going to reinstate it?

You can fly Thai to Taipei, Tokyo, or Seoul and catch EVA, ANA, or Asiana to Seattle. Or any of those 3 out of BKK through their home country to Seattle. Those are your only Star Alliance options based on my analysis of the Star Alliance Map Flight Planner. I just went through that exercise.

I flew it a few times from Toronto with a stop in Seattle. I believe it was the MD11 ? It was always full from Toronto and their call centre was located there as well, I think when they cancelled service was 92/93 could be wrong but it was a nice flight but took longer than CPAir (Canadian Pacific)