How Can I Sort My Bookmarks?

agsnowdon

Hey all

I use firefox.

my bookmarks list has 1 column and 2 arrows 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom which if you hover the cursor on it will take you further down the list.

I have seen on firefox before bookmarks listed in 2 columns without these arrows.

Can anyone tell me how to do this I have played with bookmark manager with no joy.

Thanks for your help in advance

Ash :o

Edited by agsnowdon

hi'

I never looked for, but it should be in the about:config of firefox ...

in the line "browser.bookmark.sort.direction is set by default as descending, may be can change it for another action, but you'll have to find it, coz I don't know :o

francois

Edited by francois

You probably need to create Folders in your bookmark file

and then move the BM to a relevantly named folder.

I think this will give you what you need.

As you move your cursor down the list of folders, the BM inside will be displayed.

It works in IE

and is a standard feature in Opera.

hi'

I never looked for, but it should be in the about:config of firefox ...

in the line "browser.bookmark.sort.direction is set by default as descending, may be can change it for another action, but you'll have to find it, coz I don't know :o

francois

These are the commands you can give to what you mention but still not ablle to view in 2 columns

descending (default): Unsorted

natural: Alphabetically, A-Z

ascending: Alphabetically, Z-A

Note: In Firefox, this can be changed via "Bookmarks → Manage Bookmarks... → View"

You probably need to create Folders in your bookmark file

and then move the BM to a relevantly named folder.

I think this will give you what you need.

As you move your cursor down the list of folders, the BM inside will be displayed.

It works in IE

and is a standard feature in Opera.

Hey

Yes you can do that in firefox but i still have many single bookmarks which I don't want to keep in folders and would like another columns to appear instead of these 2 arrows allowing the user to navigate up and down through the bookmarks.

Good Idea though :o

I thought it only created two columns if the number of bookmarks exceeded the default number for one column.

Try bookmarking till it exceeds your column size and see hwat happens and let me know.

Cheers :o

Hey all

I use firefox.

my bookmarks list has 1 column and 2 arrows 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom which if you hover the cursor on it will take you further down the list.

I have seen on firefox before bookmarks listed in 2 columns without these arrows.

Can anyone tell me how to do this I have played with bookmark manager with no joy.

Thanks for your help in advance

Ash :o

OK to get two boxes (sidebars) one with the main titles in and one below where each title can be expanded to list everything pertaining to that title you have to go to the extensions catalogue in tools and find the extension that provides this 'opera' like facility download it and you are away!! (there are a lot of them).

OK to get two boxes (sidebars) one with the main titles in and one below where each title can be expanded to list everything pertaining to that title you have to go to the extensions catalogue in tools and find the extension that provides this 'opera' like facility download it and you are away!! (there are a lot of them).

Thanks but thats not quite what i'm after I just want my book marks in 2 columns I don't need them explained as I have a good memory.

Or if what you are sugesting is right I appologise in advance but I'm pretty sure its not.