Can I apply for retiree visa while in Thailand on tourist visa?

Non O visa now requires medical and police check. Not sure if this is required if obtaining within Thailand from a tourist visa.

That is not required for a non-o visa or an extension of stay here at immigration.

It is only required to get a OA long stay visa at an embassy or a official consulate.

See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html

ubonjoe, on 14 Nov 2014 - 01:42, said:
john1000, on 14 Nov 2014 - 00:20, said:

Non O visa now requires medical and police check. Not sure if this is required if obtaining within Thailand from a tourist visa.

That is not required for a non-o visa or an extension of stay here at immigration.

It is only required to get a OA long stay visa at an embassy or a official consulate.

See: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html

Friend needed a multi non immigrant O visa, was informed at Cardiff last week, he needed to provide police check, medical and normal proof of income.

He wants to retire and has taken a triple entry tourist visa because of time restraints hoping to convert this to a non O in Pattaya. Then on to a retirement visa.

I was under the impression a tourist visa cannot be converted to a non O..?

Step Three: When there are 30 days or less on your permission to stay stamp (usually about two months after "step two"), you go to Immigrations w/form TM7 and your documentation to qualify for a yearly extension of stay based on retirement. Again 800K in the bank for 60 days (because it's your first ever yearly extension), a letter from your Embassy stating you get 65K baht a month (this time they don't ask for proof) or a combination of the two, a medical certificate, and 1900baht. It's a pretty painless process.

This could be a stupid question :-) how long do you need left on your passport to get the year extension. I assume it's a year , I will have only 7 months left when it comes to the extension . Does that mean a trip to Trendy ???

With 7 months left on your passport you will get 7 months extension.

makes sense, didn't think it worked like that, obviously the fee is the same :-). Next thing will be having the

extension in the old passport and coming back on a re entry permit should I go back for a new passport.

or time it to come back on a tourist visa and go through the process again as this thread has helped on that point...

Friend needed a multi non immigrant O visa, was informed at Cardiff last week, he needed to provide police check, medical and normal proof of income.

He wants to retire and has taken a triple entry tourist visa because of time restraints hoping to convert this to a non O in Pattaya. Then on to a retirement visa.

I was under the impression a tourist visa cannot be converted to a non O..?

What Cardiff was saying in reality was he needed to a apply for a OA visa because they cannot accept an application for a multiple entry non-o unless the applicant is 65 or over and receiving a old age pension.

He should of been able to get a single entry non-o but might of needed to show financial proof to get it.

He didn't need to get a 3 entry tourist visa. He could of gotten a single entry and then apply for a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. Then apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry.

With 7 months left on your passport you will get 7 months extension.

makes sense, didn't think it worked like that, obviously the fee is the same :-). Next thing will be having the

extension in the old passport and coming back on a re entry permit should I go back for a new passport.

or time it to come back on a tourist visa and go through the process again as this thread has helped on that point...

You could extend your passport for 12 months. See: https://www.gov.uk/get-an-emergency-passport-extension-or-child-travel-document

The fee will be the same for the shortened extension at immigration.

You could get the extension and a re-entry permit in your existing passport. Then make your trip to get a new passport and use both passports when you re-enter the country to use your re-entry permit in your old passport.