Is there a cooling off period with contracts

AussieSteve

Hey folks it was HER MONEY! Steve'O's got nothing to say about it. . .

If its a credit card... just get it charged back. Say it was fraud or the service wasn't as stated. In most instances, the consumer always gets their money back. So long as you aren't doing it for everything you put on it, it probably won't get investigated.

Yes back home, but NOT with Thai credit cards.

It's up to you to prove the fraud, they don't just reverse the charge based on the customer's word here.

Edited by wym

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm puzzled as to why she had 20K of your money. Was she supposed to pay something else with it and now you're stuck for that?

20K sounds like a lot of walking around money for a GF to just have. ??

Not in Udon ... Up here the gals pack wads of cash, and live in six million baht farang houses....complete with new care, sin sot, and a farm.

Yep.

S@^t, mate! Obviously the guys i know here, and me have avoided this disaster..Maybe we don't have wads of cash to give them, or we're sensible. 6 million baht get's you a hell of a place here as well...Obviously a hiso neighbourhood..Was a smiley intended, and missed in your post?blink.png

• Like 1

T.I.T. This is Thailand. The money is gone and a pity your 'girlfriend' didn't go too. She will cost you much much more than 20,000 baht in the future.

Oh don't we all just love this forum- Women are just seen as receptacles and how much money will be spent.

They are just expendible- don't worry about their feelings- just throw away

To say its a pity your girlfriend did not go too just shows the total disregard of women that a few show on this forum?

• Like 1

My Thai wife would put $80 to $100 worth of that stuff in our basket when we went shopping......I finally told her that if she wanted all that over priced stuff, go get a job and pay for it herself......She did. The savings is phenominal. They think the more it costs the better it is. Can't convince them otherwise.

wow I agree don't. let them fly so high. The more money they splurge with without earning themselves just gives them a sense of earn although the have never deserves the money at all in their life.

A word of caution to all out there. The best way to help one learn is to pretend you have lost most of your money.

wait and see what happens for 4 weeks during this period. I did so and was very surprised what I found. It just takes a few weeks of laying low even though you still want to carry on your normal living you will learn a lot from her and yourself also. This sorts out the wife's from the hoes trust me.

Thanks to all who resonded............. ok money gone lesson learned.

To answer the question from Neversure, she had a credit card to her account I give her a certain amount of money each month and it came out of that. Ok it's her money to do with what she wants but I was still angry about it.

Yeah - i give mine a certain amount of money each month - it's to buy my BEER with ! You monthly-allowance guys never cease to amaze me... why would anyone in this babe-packed country ever need to get involved with a woman who doesn't have her own career and income ?

• Like 1

Pretty obvious isn't it?

Fat boring unattractive bald old guy wants complete control over relationship with young enthusiastic eager-to-please hard-body hottie.

You think just asking "pretty please with cherries on top" 's gonna do it?

• Like 2

If you pay your so called gf hooker partner for the moment I would have thought you would have read the many pagers of if you pay her you are only renting her so expect her to preform many servicers for you in and out of the bed room and kitchen.

The 20k per month will go into a big back hole that will get bigger and bigger by the months.

Maybe you need a 7 day cool off from your girl

• Like 2

mate, my wife has signed up too, but she wants to trim down a bit and they do help, she actually got me to sign up as well but it cost us 30,000 baht all up for the 2 of us and I know I need to loose some weight. They have guaranteed weight loss with our package though and we do have some comeback if we do not loose a set amount of weight, normally wouldnt look at it but at this price it isnt too steep especiaslly with the weight guarantee and so far I have dropped a couple of kg(wife too) so it is working. What gets me is the amount of "slim" people that are also doing it, if they became any skinnier they would have to run around in the shower to get wet

guaranteed weight loss? What's the guarantee? guaranteed weight loss or double your weight back? I always question the guarantee. I always ask the sales person "What do I get for the guarantee?" Money back? An extension of time? Your pick up truck? Your first born? Your Wife or G/F?

I am not making any negative comments here regarding your weight loss. All the best to the both of you in loosing weight. It is challenging for sure, as I know personally myself. I've lost 30 Kg myself over the last 12 months on my own. Diet and exercise. Just think, if it's white it's not right to eat. Eat 6 small meals a day, drink 6 glasses of water, totally eliminate sugar from your diet. Now that information has been discounted by 10,000 Baht today only for a total of only 20,000 Baht! I guarantee that the program works!

If you don't want her to do the same mistake again, you just tell her she pays for it and if she gets mad and leave, then you thank God for it.

Does nobody read?

It was HER money from the get go, nothing to do with the OP

• Like 1

I'm puzzled as to why she had 20K of your money. Was she supposed to pay something else with it and now you're stuck for that?

20K sounds like a lot of walking around money for a GF to just have. ??

Not in Udon ... Up here the gals pack wads of cash, and live in six million baht farang houses....complete with new care, sin sot, and a farm.

Yep.

OK, I've only visited Udon. But the farangs I saw didn't look rich to me. Those with Thai birds didn't look rich either. I didn't see any hi-so fancy things including the cars they drove or the clothes they wore.

They looked more like average 50K per month retirement guys with average gals.

I'm going to call you on this and say that some Udon gals have found such a farang, but not most.

I would like for some other Udon/Isaan guys to chime in on this. 6 mil houses and wads of cash is the norm for Udon gals?

Edited by NeverSure

If you don't want her to do the same mistake again, you just tell her she pays for it and if she gets mad and leave, then you thank God for it.

Does nobody read?

The OP said..."I give her a certain amount of money each month and it came out of that".

If its money you gave her then it is hers to do what ever she wants to do with it. I cannot see what the problem is.

On the other hand if she has been ripped of by a beauty parlor well, T I T .

'

If you wind up and get married to this girlfriend, 20,000 baht is chicken feed compared to

what it will cost you in your monthly payment to the family and relatives!

Not to say anything about the gold and sin sot!

"What is mine is mine and what is yours is mine!"

Steve, don't worry about it as you said it was her money so let her enjoy it.

Most TG's will spend every Baht they receive each month and have nothing left in the Bank. At least your girl can save some, you should give her credit for that.

However if she asks you for more money this month because she is out just tell her to think about it next time she is at the spa.

• Like 1

Sorry, man. My GF says you're probably out of luck, getting back the money, but that could happen here in America, too. Not every place is Wal-Mart here. And, my GF is way better with money than I am. I can give her 1000 baht, we eat for a week and she still has change left over.

• Like 1

Steve, don't worry about it as you said it was her money so let her enjoy it.

Most TG's will spend every Baht they receive each month and have nothing left in the Bank. At least your girl can save some, you should give her credit for that.

However if she asks you for more money this month because she is out just tell her to think about it next time she is at the spa.

Gracias,

You are just assuming she can save money!

Steve probably just gave her the 20,000 baht the night before and now he is upset!

Pretty obvious isn't it?

Fat boring unattractive bald old guy wants complete control over relationship with young enthusiastic eager-to-please hard-body hottie.

haha, spot on kid..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks to all who resonded............. ok money gone lesson learned.

To answer the question from Neversure, she had a credit card to her account I give her a certain amount of money each month and it came out of that. Ok it's her money to do with what she wants but I was still angry about it.

So The 20,000 baht is part of what Steve says he gives his girlfriend each month!

At 2,000 baht for a shorttime, Steve is getting laid 10 plus times each month!

Way to go Steve!

The OP said..."I give her a certain amount of money each month and it came out of that".

Yes exactly. And once he's GIVEN it, she's free to spend it, lottery tix, a new tablet or Hello Kitty stickers, whatever she likes.

Pretty obvious isn't it?

haha, spot on kid..

Don't call me kid, I was just speaking for myself, can't stand these holier-than-thou idjits trying to say there's something wrong with us doing what we like with our money.

Yes exactly. And once he's GIVEN it, she's free to spend it, lottery tix, a new tablet or Hello Kitty stickers, whatever she likes.

Pretty obvious isn't it?

haha, spot on kid..

Don't call me kid, I was just speaking for myself, can't stand these holier-than-thou idjits trying to say there's something wrong with us doing what we like with our money.

sound kid

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Will Westerners never learn! Here is another instance of a farang being reckless with is money by allowing it to be at the

disposal of his gf, then whinging when it is ripped off him. One comment here that 20k is worth her not leaving? What nonsense, how many more times will it happen = let her go and find one that has some respect for her partner.

• Like 1

Clearly, the OP has said she is not allowed to spend the money as she wants. There are always common sense rules attached to free money.