What foreigners dont get about Thai girls.

michaeltheR

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The older man, younger woman hate by most western women is usually just a barely hideable personaly fear that if older men - by virtue of their wallet or smashing personality - can date younger women, then who will date them when they are out of their prime.

Maybe it's also the fact that no man - or very few - will sleep with an old, physically unattractive woman for money, while plenty of women have no problems doing so with men.

• Like 1

What you see as genuine temper is often IMO just emotional blackmail, abusive manipulation to try to get her way.

Lack of temper; ie.

silence is also a favored weapon of choice for some females

depression, another

and my all time favorite, threatened self inflicted wounds

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1

Well my Mrs is fluent in English, Spanish and Thai while I am fluent in only English, can jumble a bit of Thai together if hard pressed, and like tapas.

Works for us.

Thais look good, have good food, and give good massages but once you've met a sweet Filipina, very hard to consider any other nationality, in my opinion. They win hands down in taking care of the man.

I agree. Was married to a pinay for 11 years. Biggest mistake was bringing her the US. They absorb the surrounding (feminist/bossy) culture. Gotta share this. I have a gf in Davao and we were listening to dance music. Here favorite song is now "Suck My Dick." No sense of embrassment at all. Just belts it out in front of her parents. hahaha

You mustn't have enough money. Never heard of a farang having issues getting a Thai girl.

The issue is not "getting a Thai girl." Nothing difficult about that. The issue is finding a quality Thai girl who is compatible, trustworthy, and actually loves and respects said foreigner.

more chance of nailin a blamonge to the ceiling.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Regarding what foreigners don't get about Thai women, there is an old Thai saying:Give a Thai girl a fish, and you feed her for a day; give a Thai girl a fishing pole, and she will beat you over the head with it and take your wallet.Next?

Like it

thers been a few caught hook, line, and sinker on here..

It's not just women who find it a bit creepy.

It's a tiring argument for this forum though as there's a huge community of older guys who are paying younger women to sleep with them, so you always end up with an army of folk on the defensive about it.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with wanting to have sex with someone half your age (as long as your age is over thirty-six obviously...) but it's hardly surprising that people can easily read between the lines a lot of times.

No defensiveness here, and no need to read between the lines, I haven't been with a woman older than half my age for over ten years and look forward to when it's a quarter. As long as she knows she's getting good value for what she's putting out, and I'm not threatening my future financial stability, all's right in the world.

I dont think you guys get it..or you are deluding yourself.

Ive actually dated a man who was 15 years older than me some years back.

He was very attractive, was in great physical shape (was into exercise -like me, and enjoyed eating healthily), he didnt drink, hated watching tv (like me), and had a successful business.

We dated for a couple of years and he wanted to get married.

The problem was that ..well frankly i wanted something else in life. He had a lot of responsibilities..kids from a previous marriage etc, and i was finding it all a bit too overwhelming as i still wanted to have a bit of fun, do "younger" activities etc.

I had to bite the bullet and admit to myself that i just wasnt ready for it all.

When people looked at us, they saw a couple who were well matched in terms of similar interests, looks, physicality etc.

No, most people (be they "western women" or otherwise), DONT feel any kind of "hatred" (as you put it) towards seeing an older man and younger woman. But yes, when you see an old decrepid man or a fat old balding singlet wearing beer guzzler with a thai girl a quarter of his age..its just downright weird...no matter how that may offend you. Same if i were to see a old grizzly woman with a young boy partner (especially if she were to paw at him in public). I dont care if its UN PC, it makes me gag. Anyway, Thailand is an un pc country..so im perfectly within my rights to say that i find grungy old men with little thai ladies creepy. They might be lovely if i got to speak with them etc..but that first impression..creepy. Like it or not, thats the view of most of us who arent retired old western men...

Great post (for a girl 8-)

Yes you are entirely within your rights to express your PERSONAL distaste in seeing these relationships, even if you do describe it as a gag reflex.

As long as you're not claiming there's anything wrong - the moral/ethical sense - with us carrying on.

(absent coercion, deception etc)

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

What you see as genuine temper is often IMO just emotional blackmail, abusive manipulation to try to get her way.

Lack of temper; ie.

silence is also a favored weapon of choice for some females

depression, another

and my all time favorite, threatened self inflicted wounds

self harming isn't to be laughed at, when I was at school I was getting bullied and started to self harm, then I thought wait a minute who's side are you on..

• Like 1

OP, good on you for recognizing something that may not be obvious to a novice farang. This could be a good topic if the idiots stay away. The problem with farangs in Thailand is that they get most of their intel from other farangs. And other farangs almost always only know Thai women who are in the "farang scene." Which is to say mostly BGs or serial farang-hunters (mostly prowling on dating sites and farang hang-outs).

Normal Thai girls, e.g., the sort of Thai girls most farangs would want to meet, prefer to speak Thai and do not think that farangs walk on water. They just want a normal relationship with someone they can connect with and talk to. It's really that simple. So if you can't speak Thai, you're relegated to the "farang scene" sort of Thai girl, which sucks.

I've been in Thailand a long time and I have long figured out that most Thai girls prefer a Thai guy about their age. I accept that. But there are plenty of Thai women who, by circumstance, are looking for foreigners. For example, single mothers. Just the other day, I advised a close friend that a single mother may be the best way to go. She'll be ready to settle and won't be "hard work," as the OP says. But if you want to compete with a Thai guy for a grade A hottie, a Thai guy who's got the culture and language advantage down pat, you've got no chance. Sorry, but that's reality.

thats why girls have thai giks...falangs pays..thai man gets all the benefits..

girl i no is married to man in the uk..she still has thai gik..phones him every day...and when she goes home on holiday she gets it on with him...thai rak thai

BTW single mothers are the very very worst woman to look for, of course, isn't that obvious?

Why would you say such an idiotically offensive thing? At least qualify that that's your own personal preference.

Some of us love kids and are never happier than while raising them, whether ours biologically or not is irrelevant.

tongue.png

Er, I dont recall typing that - not sure what sort of silly buggers you've managed here, but you've been here long enough to know what how I structure a sentence - either I was 'very, very' drunk when I posted or that or I didnt post it. If you go back to post #52, I think you'll get your answer. I'm not familiar with parmo2's other work, but attributing it to me just ain't cricket. I did respond to his post, but apparently that wasnt the comment you saw the need to address. I'm used to being attacked by certain sections of this board, but I'd appreciate it if you could at least do so when addressing one of MY posts. Seriously unimpressed with this effort.

I seriously doubt that anyone on the thread have ever had a real conversation with a Thai woman who was not a bar girl. Yes, it is difficult for farang to meet educated middle class Thai women, assuming that you would want to do that. I also doubt that anyone has bothered to so some basic research on the Thai culture regarding communication, relationships, families, marriage, legal rights of women in Thai marriages, why there are a large percentage of education Thai women that are in their 30's,40's,and 50's that have never married because they do not like the way Thai men treat them.

My advice is to do your homework and stop focusing on young girls.

OP, the majority of Thai women, respect and love their husbands or boyfriends.

Of course there are exceptions, amplified by the media and Forums.

In the age of equality, in the farang world, it's difficult nowadays, to have an honest relationship.

Thai women have been brought up to respect.

Farang women have been brought up to argue.

TRUTH WINS OUT

it took my first visit to a south american country to realise that girls tend not to offer themselves to men in pairs. admittedly this was difficult for me to understand as my ego was standing up at the time. I have since spent my time only trying to achieve the same with the non charging variety but have had no takers , even when the standards are dropped a little. since obviosduly standards could be dropped a lot but one encounters other confidence issues etc.

any way, I first thought in some countries some girls are more forward about what they want than others, this is a genralisation but it is true.

however what I did find out is that being honest is the easiest way to do things. thus when something smells a bit strange yes it may well be strange. of course some do live in a permanent state of lie, g archer was one and this confuses life.

it does not take a genius to know if someone is out after your money or not. I have met clued up oldies that have the back up plan and they tell me they are worried about so and so another oldy who appears to have put all the chips out there in a show of reckless abandonment.

I seriously doubt that anyone on the thread have ever had a real conversation with a Thai woman who was not a bar girl. Yes, it is difficult for farang to meet educated middle class Thai women, assuming that you would want to do that. I also doubt that anyone has bothered to so some basic research on the Thai culture regarding communication, relationships, families, marriage, legal rights of women in Thai marriages, why there are a large percentage of education Thai women that are in their 30's,40's,and 50's that have never married because they do not like the way Thai men treat them.

LOL. nice one....clearly you haven't either....

• Like 1

I normally don't like to criticize others on here, but mate, you gotta read this thread a little closer. Plenty of guys here dating outside the bar scene. Many of them have learned Thai, and adjusted to the culture.

Anyway, just b/c a woman doesn't care for Thai men, doesn't mean many of the concerns w/ the language barrier, culture, etc. won't exist. Also, just b/c a foreigner understands Thai language/culture, doesn't mean he's going to connect w/ a decent Thai girl. The OP's comment was to the effect of "it's just as easy to meet good girls in the west". And I'd say, all things considered, he's right.

...riiiiiighhht..

Silly me.

Thanks for opening my eyes to that.

My naughty Thai female friends..there was me believing all along that they are happy with their young fit equally successful male partners..when they are off doing the dirty on them with old dudes.

Tsk tsk!

feel really foolish now.

smile.png

I think you will find, their young fit Thai husbands are doing the dirty on them at every opportunity.

Seems only fair that your Thai female friends get the chance for same.

And really that sums up Thailand.

Nobody is faithful, everyone is cheating, all the time.

But nobody cares, Thailand is a country of sexual freedom.

You just have to make sure you get your turn too.

..and if those Thai female friends of mine are out having some fun on the side, they for sure wont be chosing some young hot guy ..no no..right...its old guys they prefer...

Actually starting to feel sorry for this guy. First, I am sure he has a self image problem. Why else would he have the pic he does reflecting "what he thinks is himself"............... Second, I think he has had a history of older guys doing boom boom with someone close to him. One heck of a lot of jealousy in his ongoing rants about "older guys" and "younger women" not wanting them............................. Does make one wonder...........

...riiiiiighhht..

Silly me.

My naughty Thai female friends..there was me believing all along that they are happy with their young fit equally successful male partners..when they are off doing the dirty on them with old dudes.

Tsk tsk!

feel really foolish now.

smile.png

I think you will find, their young fit Thai husbands are doing the dirty on them at every opportunity.

..and if those Thai female friends of mine are out having some fun on the side, they for sure wont be chosing some young hot guy ..no no..right...its old guys they prefer...

Actually starting to feel sorry for this guy. First, I am sure he has a self image problem. Why else would he have the pic he does reflecting "what he thinks is himself"............... Second, I think he has had a history of older guys doing boom boom with someone close to him. One heck of a lot of jealousy in his ongoing rants about "older guys" and "younger women" not wanting them............................. Does make one wonder...........

Oops,

Forgot to add: To the young buck that seems to be in love with himself and his pic of "someone' that he wants us to look at each day with each posting he makes....................... Yeah, right there that should tell you something................... lol

I have dated younger "women" my entire life. Why would I be any different in Thailand................ As for the poor guy that seems to think that any younger women wants only younger men......................... Got a wake up call for you............... Once again, pick any country, not just Thailand, and you will find a large group of younger women that want older fit men for a lot of reasons...................., Oh yeah, and being more experienced in the sack is definitely one of them.

There, enough said and sorry to burst Young Bucks bubble.................................................. Yeah, still need money but do not kid yourself young buck, if you did not have any you would not be getting any. Simple as that.................. No different than us older dudes............. Except that we have so much more to offer in other areas. And guess what, we are most likely more fit than you are so you can take your little self inflated ego and go back to your crib...................................

Match my mojo up with any young buck................. Esp one so insecure that he posts a stud muffin pic to reflect what he wants people to 'think he is". Or looks like.............................Just saying but real men do not post pics of themselves like that........ Its a Talk the Talk versus Walk the Walk thing................... lol.............

Oh yeah, and trust me, most "real women young and old (again, pick a country, not just Thailand) are going to look at it no different than I do............... There, enough said.......

• Like 2

One thing I've learned about Thai women over the years, is that my drunken 'performance farting'- even the one where I do the old 'invisible squeaky stairs behind the sofa' gag, never seems to go down too well, especially if some (or one) of the wife's pals has just been dumped and they're having some serious 'women time'

BTW single mothers are the very very worst woman to look for, of course, isn't that obvious?

Why would you say such an idiotically offensive thing? At least qualify that that's your own personal preference.

Some of us love kids and are never happier than while raising them, whether ours biologically or not is irrelevant.

I only know one thing and that is you don't find your future wife in a bar, neither in Thailand nor in your home country. Most Farang in this country are finding their woman, girl friend etc in the bar here. Unfortunately not many of us are working in a proper office, hospital, company, etc etc. So we never find a real good Thai girl who also is a very hard working and have good moral about everything.

I think you must come from a (sub)culture very different from that of most NES here, perhaps a muslim one?

In our countries it is perfectly acceptable to meet one's future spouse while purposefully getting intoxicated on alcohol or other drugs, maybe even dancing to music with sexually explicit lyrics!

One of my all-time favourite SOs was a nice Jewish girl, she even let me persuade her to eat a big old southern-style BBQ of pulled pork!

Shocking I know. . .

tongue.png

It's dancing to those sexually explicit lyrics which gets you in trouble

Years ago was at a club and they played some disco, so we disco danced

Then they played the twist so i did the twist

Then they played "Come on Eileen" and thats when I got in trouble!

The older man, younger woman hate by most western women is usually just a barely hideable personaly fear that if older men - by virtue of their wallet or smashing personality - can date younger women, then who will date them when they are out of their prime.

Maybe it's also the fact that no man - or very few - will sleep with an old, physically unattractive woman for money, while plenty of women have no problems doing so with men.

I dont think you guys get it..or you are deluding yourself.

Ive actually dated a man who was 15 years older than me some years back.

He was very attractive, was in great physical shape (was into exercise -like me, and enjoyed eating healthily), he didnt drink, hated watching tv (like me), and had a successful business.

We dated for a couple of years and he wanted to get married.

The problem was that ..well frankly i wanted something else in life. He had a lot of responsibilities..kids from a previous marriage etc, and i was finding it all a bit too overwhelming as i still wanted to have a bit of fun, do "younger" activities etc.

I had to bite the bullet and admit to myself that i just wasnt ready for it all.

When people looked at us, they saw a couple who were well matched in terms of similar interests, looks, physicality etc.

No, most people (be they "western women" or otherwise), DONT feel any kind of "hatred" (as you put it) towards seeing an older man and younger woman. But yes, when you see an old decrepid man or a fat old balding singlet wearing beer guzzler with a thai girl a quarter of his age..its just downright weird...no matter how that may offend you. Same if i were to see a old grizzly woman with a young boy partner (especially if she were to paw at him in public). I dont care if its UN PC, it makes me gag. Anyway, Thailand is an un pc country..so im perfectly within my rights to say that i find grungy old men with little thai ladies creepy. They might be lovely if i got to speak with them etc..but that first impression..creepy. Like it or not, thats the view of most of us who arent retired old western men...

No, hating on old men and their sex drive is certainly not un-pc, it is perfectly acceptable. Hating on straight white men is the only hate that is allowed. Woe me, if I say I feel the same about seeing an old spinster lesbian and her Thai lover here.

• Like 1

...riiiiiighhht..

Silly me.

Tsk tsk!

feel really foolish now.

smile.png

I'm fairly certain Lara C is an expat woman. You may want to reconsider your comments in light of that little fact.

• Like 1

What an ignorant and insulting thing to say.
  • Like 2

One thing I've learned about Thai women over the years, is that my drunken 'performance farting'- even the one where I do the old 'invisible squeaky stairs behind the sofa' gag, never seems to go down too well, especially if some (or one) of the wife's pals has just been dumped and they're having some serious 'women time'

I have found that a well announced blue angel or "fire show" at just the right moment injects a certain intimacy and demonstrates a welcome measure of nam jai or willingness to share that never goes amiss.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

tongue.png

Er, I dont recall typing that - not sure what sort of silly buggers you've managed here, but you've been here long enough to know what how I structure a sentence - either I was 'very, very' drunk when I posted or that or I didnt post it. If you go back to post #52, I think you'll get your answer. I'm not familiar with parmo2's other work, but attributing it to me just ain't cricket. I did respond to his post, but apparently that wasnt the comment you saw the need to address. I'm used to being attacked by certain sections of this board, but I'd appreciate it if you could at least do so when addressing one of MY posts. Seriously unimpressed with this effort.

Please accept my most sincere abject apologies WW, the too-many-quotes "feature" of the forum software led me to chop things up, must have got my quote-delimiter pairs out of sync.

parmo that was addressed to you