Car Finance In Thailand

What sort of car finance options are available to falangs in Thailand?

I would love to have a car but don’t have the budget, although I’m on a steady wage in my (Thailand based company) job and though finance could be the way if poss. I do have a work permit, does this make life easier?

What car dealers in Bangkok offer finance to falangs? What is the process?

What are the pros and cons for doing this?

Any general advice is much appreciated!

Dear Sir,

We appreciated your visit our website, regarding your question we would like to clarify your points as follows;

1) Credit criteria of loan applicant will be based on downpayment, terms of payment, financial record, occupation, financial burden, age (not over 60), guarantor's status, etc. According to your dedtails below, I think we do not have any doubt on your financial ability.

2) Practically, we need guarantor (s) for every contracts except case of high downpaymet of higher 40%. Anyway, this is not applicable for foreigner. In case of foreigner, we need THAI guarantor every cases. However, this condition can be wavied depending on lenght of stay in Thailand, occupation, financial condition ( % of downpayment, terms.....).

3) In case of foreigner, work permit is essential for car registration since Transportation Department needs it to confirm your status of being in Thailand not us. Legally, your copy of valid passport is OK to be eligible for signing contract wtih us. If not having work permit, Transportation Department needs Alien Ceritification or Letter of Residence Confirmation issued by your embassy. This is a confirmation of your mailing address in sense of legal.

Should you have any inquiries, please feel free to contact Honda Leasing at tel no. 0-2706-2800 , 736 4200

Best regards,

Customer Relations

the above is a reply from honda.