World Cup Prediction Competition.....

chonabot

My heart tells me go against England. But the head says its a draw after normal time. Hope i'm wrong.ie England get humped.

As a Scot myself , it never ceases to amaze me when a fellow countryman wishes the England Football team bad things.

To outside ears it sounds ridiculous and childish.

I would love the Scottish team to be doing similar things, but the attitude of the S.F.A will never allow the team to have the funds and facilities to even dream of rearing the kind of talent that is playing in Stuttgart tonight.

I know there are a few Scots that say these things lightheartedly , but over the border there is a genuine hatred for any Success had by any English Sporstperson. It demeans the Scottish race and makes them appear infantile and bitter.

In the last 2 weeks a 7 year old kid was beaten up in Edinburgh by a 28 year old man, the reason ? He was wearing an England shirt.This type of incident is on the increase.

I'm going up to see my folks in Fort William in a few weeks, I will wear the England shirt.

I hope I run into the type of coward that beat that kid.

:D

Good on ya, Chon; but how does it go? <deleted> um! :o

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

_41795180_eng_ecuador_200_100.gif

Sunday, 25 June 2006

The Time : 1600 BST

The Place : Stuttgart

The Teams : England :D vs Ecuador :o

The Predictions

Chonabot 2 - 0

HaroiHenry 2 - 1

Explorer 2- 0

OneeyedJohn 2 - 0

JackR 2 - 1

Old_Croc 2 - 0

Scouse 2 - 0

ThaiPauly 1 - 0

BritMaverick 3 - 1

Khun Yak 1 - 2 :D

Nongwahyay 2 - 1

Mr Bojangles 3 - 1

Jockstar 2 - 2 :D

Chuchok 1 - 0

Sing_Sling 2 - 1

CalibanJr 1 - 0

Donz 2 - 1

TomYumG 2 - 0

BackPack 3 - 0

Neeranam 0 - 1 :D

Daleyboy 1 - 1 :D

Simmo 2 - 0

SpittheDog 3 - 0

TheVulcan 2 - 1

SvenIvan 4 -1 :D

Game4shame 3 - 1

RedRus 2 - 1

Totster 2 - 0

Prof Fart

Greg.D

Tytus 2 - 1

You can tell the jocks and krauts just by looking at the scores. :D Mr Sling is possibly a one-off or is a realist, as I know full well that my jerry uncle (English born & bred) will be wanting England out. :D Each to their own.

Sunday, 25 June 2006

The Predictions

Chonabot 2 - 0

HaroiHenry 2 - 1

Explorer 2- 0

OneeyedJohn 2 - 0

JackR 2 - 1

Old_Croc 2 - 0

Scouse 2 - 0

ThaiPauly 1 - 0

BritMaverick 3 - 1

Nongwahyay 2 - 1

Mr Bojangles 3 - 1

Chuchok 1 - 0

Sing_Sling 2 - 1

CalibanJr 1 - 0

Donz 2 - 1

TomYumG 2 - 0

BackPack 3 - 0

Simmo 2 - 0

SpittheDog 3 - 0

TheVulcan 2 - 1

Game4shame 3 - 1

RedRus 2 - 1

Totster 2 - 0

Prof Fart

Greg.D

Tytus 2 - 1

You can tell the jocks and krauts just by looking at the scores. :D Mr Sling is possibly a one-off or is a realist, as I know full well that my jerry uncle (English born & bred) will be wanting England out. :D Each to their own.

Sorry to disprvove your theory jackr. I'm a "Jock" and I've predicted a 3-0 win to England. :D

Sunday, 25 June 2006

The Teams : England vs Ecuador

The Predictions

Chonabot 2 - 0

HaroiHenry 2 - 1

Explorer 2- 0

OneeyedJohn 2 - 0

JackR 2 - 1

Old_Croc 2 - 0

Scouse 2 - 0

ThaiPauly 1 - 0

BritMaverick 3 - 1

Khun Yak 1 - 2 :o

Nongwahyay 2 - 1

Mr Bojangles 3 - 1

Chuchok 1 - 0

Sing_Sling 2 - 1

CalibanJr 1 - 0

Donz 2 - 1

TomYumG 2 - 0

BackPack 3 - 0

Simmo 2 - 0

SpittheDog 3 - 0

TheVulcan 2 - 1

Game4shame 3 - 1

RedRus 2 - 1

Totster 2 - 0

Prof Fart

Greg.D

Tytus 2 - 1

Sorry to disprvove your theory jackr. I'm a "Jock" and I've predicted a 3-0 win to England. :D

Ahh, I knew that would fish the rest out. Okay, you're one of the realists. :D

So the ole fella's not to stoked about changing the game then?... spoilsport. :D Don't blame him. Although one was slightly miffed on seeing the scoreline for the Argie game (2:1) and relishing the idea of acquiring 18 points, only to realise the anticlimax of the situation due to the Argies only pulling it off in extra time and also finding out the rules had stayed the same. :D:D:D

There was a request for a late rule change made by punters in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 11th and 17th positions. (Well spread through the field so obviously it was suggested in the interests of all.)

After some of my trade mark grumbling I said "bring it on, you still have to out tip me" This position was reiterated in a PM to Chonabot a little later. I said "what the f...k we're not playing for prize money, it may give extra interest for some, I've already got bragging rights :D "

Chonabot decided not to change the rules, yet I'm a spoilsport!!

I've tried to be nice to you after our wars during the cricket season Jack, however....

:o:D:D

Edited by Old Croc

After some of my trade mark grumbling I said "bring it on, you still have to out tip me" This position was reiterated in a PM to Chonabot a little later. I said "what the f...k we're not playing for prize money, it may give extra interest for some, I've already got bragging rights :D "

:D:D:D

It was a nice idea , but a little late in the game for a re-write of the rules.

Croc said he didn't mind , but it would be nice to catch him without the goalposts being moved.

Chon ( Spoilsport and Scot )

:o

So the ole fella's not to stoked about changing the game then?... spoilsport. :D Don't blame him. Although one was slightly miffed on seeing the scoreline for the Argie game (2:1) and relishing the idea of acquiring 18 points, only to realise the anticlimax of the situation due to the Argies only pulling it off in extra time and also finding out the rules had stayed the same. :D:D:D

There was a request for a late rule change made by punters in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 11th and 17th positions. (Well spread through the field so obviously it was suggested in the interests of all.)

I've tried to be nice to you after our wars during the cricket season Jack, however....

:D:D:D

Take it easy old boy. I'm fine with the old rules myself... it's only a larf afterall. :o

Sunday, 25 June 2006

The Predictions

Chonabot 2 - 0

HaroiHenry 2 - 1

Explorer 2- 0

OneeyedJohn 2 - 0

JackR 2 - 1

Old_Croc 2 - 0

Scouse 2 - 0

ThaiPauly 1 - 0

BritMaverick 3 - 1

Nongwahyay 2 - 1

Mr Bojangles 3 - 1

Chuchok 1 - 0

Sing_Sling 2 - 1

CalibanJr 1 - 0

Donz 2 - 1

TomYumG 2 - 0

BackPack 3 - 0

Simmo 2 - 0

SpittheDog 3 - 0

TheVulcan 2 - 1

Game4shame 3 - 1

RedRus 2 - 1

Totster 2 - 0

Prof Fart

Greg.D

Tytus 2 - 1

Come on England, you Bloody Beauties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Equador will be beaten easily today, even Macedonia have beaten them recently.

Would that be the Macedonia that England could only draw with in 2002? :o

Scouse.

Fair enough , I was just trying to find comparisons to prove or disprove that " Ecuador are a much better team" despite their crap form and poor showing in the WC so far.

In the last 2 weeks a 7 year old kid was beaten up in Edinburgh by a 28 year old man, the reason ? He was wearing an England shirt.This type of incident is on the increase.

I'm going up to see my folks in Fort William in a few weeks, I will wear the England shirt.

Good on ya, Chon; but how does it go? <deleted> um! :D

Also musnt forget the Englishman who btw is disabled was dragged out his car and beaten. The reason? He had an England flag on his car :o:D

QUOTE(jackr @ 2006-06-25 04:50:50) *

QUOTE(chonabot @ 2006-06-25 09:52:46) *

biggrin.gif

Good on ya, Chon; but how does it go? <deleted> um! wink.gif

Also musnt forget the Englishman who btw is disabled was dragged out his car and beaten. The reason? He had an England flag on his car dry.gif dry.gif

Disgraceful! :o

I remember one Scotland England rugby game, where about 20 English sailors came in to watch the game in one of the roughest pubs in Aberdeen. Eevryone was anticipating a war, but we all had a hoot!

Edited by Neeranam

Good on ya, Chon; but how does it go? <deleted> um! :D

Also musnt forget the Englishman who btw is disabled was dragged out his car and beaten. The reason? He had an England flag on his car :o:D

...if thats what English football is about, they should go home tonight and solve these problems first. If they need an example for peaceful coexistance, they can visit any of the fan-parties in Germany

post-25680-1151239404_thumb.jpgpost-25680-1151239429_thumb.jpg

Otherwise, kiss our a...

post-25680-1151239473_thumb.jpg

KY, you're having a laugh, along with the Italians and the Dutch the Germans have a terrible record for crowd trouble. Especially at club level.

...if thats what English football is about, they should go home tonight and solve these problems first. If they need an example for peaceful coexistance, they can visit any of the fan-parties in Germany.

Have a look in your own stable first, see if it isn't your horse that shit the floor, before you start casting the usual <deleted> about the English..... :o

redrus

KY, you're having a laugh, along with the Italians and the Dutch the Germans have a terrible record for crowd trouble. Especially at club level.
...if thats what English football is about, they should go home tonight and solve these problems first. If they need an example for peaceful coexistance, they can visit any of the fan-parties in Germany.

Have a look in your own stable first, see if it isn't your horse that shit the floor, before you start casting the usual <deleted> about the English..... :D

redrus

Last night in Stuttgart...

post-25680-1151240102_thumb.jpgpost-25680-1151240119_thumb.jpg

I wonder...

How come? :o

Have a look in your own stable first, see if it isn't your horse that shit the floor, before you start casting the usual <deleted> about the English..... :D

redrus

Last night in Stuttgart...

post-25680-1151240102_thumb.jpgpost-25680-1151240119_thumb.jpg

I wonder...

How come? :o

I'm not condoning this mindless behaviour, I am merely reminding you that your fans are just as bad but, do not get any of the press coverage England do.

If you read between the lines and, look through the one sided photos you posted, there is a very different story.

Do not label us/me because the media chooses to do so, I expect more from you KY.

redrus

Right enough of this discursive vhat , there's a little game of football in less than 2 hours apparently.

Sunday, 25 June 2006

The Predictions

Chonabot 2 - 0

HaroiHenry 2 - 1

Explorer 2- 0

OneeyedJohn 2 - 0

JackR 2 - 1

Old_Croc 2 - 0

Scouse 2 - 0

ThaiPauly 1 - 0

BritMaverick 3 - 1

Nongwahyay 2 - 1

Mr Bojangles 3 - 1

Chuchok 1 - 0

Sing_Sling 2 - 1

CalibanJr 1 - 0

Donz 2 - 1

TomYumG 2 - 0

BackPack 3 - 0

Simmo 2 - 0

SpittheDog 3 - 0

TheVulcan 2 - 1

Game4shame 3 - 1

RedRus 2 - 1

Totster 2 - 0

Prof Fart

Greg.D

Tytus 2 - 1

Come on England, you Bloody Beauties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well chaps, this thread is concerned with the competition that Chon has so kindly organised. Lets keep it to discussion of the football and the competition rather than let it degenerate into a slanging match about hooliganism.

Scouse.

Well chaps, this thread is concerned with the competition that Chon has so kindly organised. Lets keep it to discussion of the football and the competition rather than let it degenerate into a slanging match about hooliganism.

Scouse.

That'll ding dang do for me. :o

My nose has been battered enough times, mostly by your loveable bretheren Scouse, without starting on-line Hoolies

redrus

My nose has been battered enough times, mostly by your loveable bretheren Scouse, without starting on-line Hoolies

I forgot to say, biffing Man U supporters is not hooliganism: more of a leisure pursuit. :D

Scouse.

.......and vice versa, ya bin dipping queen............. :o:D

redrus