Lung Health in Chiang Mai

Somnambulist

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just googled "cleaning smokers' lungs" and there are lots of results but I'm wondering if there are any exsmokers here who can make my research easier. What steps/treatment did you take to recover your lung health?

Lung damage , once inflicted can never be "cured". Lungs unlike the liver or bone do not repair themselves

First, a small correction to the OP............

"Even in my bedroom I can smell smoke coming through the air conditioner."?

Here in LOS, the air that comes thru your air con is just recirculated air from the room it's in. Imagine how fast your filters would clog up if you were sucking the outside air in.

And one observation that I have made is that there are areas with a bit less smoke and dust polution. You can see that when driving around town and go thru a construction area with all the dirt and cement trucks kicking up clouds of dust. Luckily we live in a semi forested area that is surrounded by rice fields and it 'feels' a little cleaner and more oxygenated from the trees.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I just googled "cleaning smokers' lungs" and there are lots of results but I'm wondering if there are any exsmokers here who can make my research easier. What steps/treatment did you take to recover your lung health?

Lung damage , once inflicted can never be "cured". Lungs unlike the liver or bone do not repair themselves

In London I was on a "puffer" for years, moved to Ubon, puffer in the bin after 2 months. Went to CM for 5 days and my problem reappeared. Got back to Ubon, problem gone. thumbsup.gif

First, a small correction to the OP............

"Even in my bedroom I can smell smoke coming through the air conditioner."?

Here in LOS, the air that comes thru your air con is just recirculated air from the room it's in. Imagine how fast your filters would clog up if you were sucking the outside air in.

And one observation that I have made is that there are areas with a bit less smoke and dust polution. You can see that when driving around town and go thru a construction area with all the dirt and cement trucks kicking up clouds of dust. Luckily we live in a semi forested area that is surrounded by rice fields and it 'feels' a little cleaner and more oxygenated from the trees.

Damn, in that case I'm sleeping in a smoke-filled room! I live in Sansai, just outside the city limit, with a fair amount of trees and other greenery around me but the smoke smell is strong here. When I go to town, whatever the season is, I notice the exhaust and am glad I moved out.

In London I was on a "puffer" for years, moved to Ubon, puffer in the bin after 2 months. Went to CM for 5 days and my problem reappeared. Got back to Ubon, problem gone. thumbsup.gif

I've always had a tendency toward asthma but never used a puffer until a few years ago (I moved to CM eight years ago). Until this season I only needed it when it rained, but now I'm using it every day in the dry season so obviously I'm getting worse. I gave up smoking 18 years ago but maybe old habits are catching up with me. Gotta go google Ubon now wai2.gif

I've always had a tendency toward asthma but never used a puffer until a few years ago (I moved to CM eight years ago). Until this season I only needed it when it rained, but now I'm using it every day in the dry season so obviously I'm getting worse. I gave up smoking 18 years ago but maybe old habits are catching up with me. Gotta go google Ubon now wai2.gif

May I add, I gave up smoking many years ago in the UK but still needed the puffer. I now smoke again (cos I want too) in Ubon with no problem at all. (yet).....whistling.gif

I think that the warnings to stay indoors is mainly saying don't exert yourself...................the heat alone keeps me lazy and falling behind on outdoor projects and spending too much time on my ass whining on thaivisa.

Another effect of the smoke is that it's just depressing to get out where there used to be a view and see nothing but haze. I also see that people are a bit more edgy, I think from the smoke and heat.