Health insurance recommended for expat in CM ?

jiangaq

I'm using www.hccmis.com They are A+ rated. I'm paying 115 per month for zero deductible and 1 million usd max. You can renew from abroad. Depends on your home country and age and how long you will be stayin'. If I had socialized medicine in my home country; I would probably take a look at Aliianz, as you would basically need to be stabilized and sent home. I formerly used www.imglobal.com, but hcc is cheaper. Both are us us based companies, which is where I would want to be if I had to take them to court. HCC has direct billing with RAM, and has a toll free number to call them collect, if you have pompom.

Again, not useful if you live in Thailand.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. You can buy either while in Thailand, and renew as well. There are time limits, but you could basically switch back and forth between those two companies every few years. They offer travel medical, as well as health insurance. Some will feel piece of mind by having am annually renewable health insurance policy, so they will be grandfathered in, in case of chronic illness, however there is no limit on the amount they can increase your premium at the annual renewal. You can't be denied for existing conditions in the US anymore, so your best bet would be to cover yourself here, then get the guaranteed coverage in the US that a sane person wouldn't want to pay if he were healthy, but at 500-600 per month would be a good value for someone needing a transplant or access to the best drugs.

http://www.hccmis.com/atlas-insurance/ "if you make last minute travel plans, you are NOT required to purchase policy before you depart." "Unlike many competitors."

I just did a quote for a 75 yo...6 months, 50 K in coverage, 1000 deductible=139 per month.

What's the meaning of deductible fee vs price? You mean you pay US$139 per month?

On the note, i found

"The maximum amount of all benefits, except for Emergency Medical Evacuation, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Common Carrier Accidental Death.“

So if I get flu and go to RAM hospital, still in the coverage?

If not US citizen, can I apply for it?