Ais Phone Service

kyb789

It seems impossible now to make a call between the hours of 5pm and 10pm. I have to sms and ask them to call me! AIS seems to be getting worse and worse.

Does anyone have any new information about their service? Will it improve? Anything from the news? Thanks. I am ready so switch to DTAC but I would rather not change my phone number.

It seems impossible now to make a call between the hours of 5pm and 10pm. I have to sms and ask them to call me! AIS seems to be getting worse and worse.

Does anyone have any new information about their service? Will it improve? Anything from the news? Thanks. I am ready so switch to DTAC but I would rather not change my phone number.

hi

I did my change to Dtac a few month back...seeing that in a couple of month there will be an additional nr to our already existing nr ...it is a good chance to change and get out of AIS misery.

And No ---AIS is seemingly not getting better.

rcm :o

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old topic but things seem to have got dramatically worse.

I thought the problems of "Network Busy" were disappearing but the last 2 days it seems I can hardly make any phone calls. I use AIS post paid and no matter what time of day I try to call I get the dreaded "Network busy"

Do you others think it's worse again?

I thought the problems of "Network Busy" were disappearing but the last 2 days it seems I can hardly make any phone calls. I use AIS post paid and no matter what time of day I try to call I get the dreaded "Network busy"

I use an AIS post paid account also and I have done so for many years. Can AIS get any worse than it is now? I tried to phone my wife last night at 6.30 p.m.; she was visiting a friend only about 500 metres away. My telephone showed "No Connection" each time I tried.... and I tried 27 times before her phone rang. Isn't that the pits?

I thought that AIS had promised to resolve this problem by the beginning of last month...obviously an empty promise.

Perhaps someone can help me on the following problem. I have a Siemens CX65 mobile phone and I want to change from AIS to a pre-paid service. When I first purchased the phone, under the security options, I selected "This SIM only". To change this, I need to input the Phone Code and, you've guessed it, I've forgotten it. Without resorting to buying a new phone, can anybody advise me on what I can do. The BenQ-Siemens website has been no help at all. All they do is to bounce you to FAQ and their telephone in Bangkok is engaged permanently.

I apologise for digressing away from the original topic but I'd be so grateful for any advice. Thank you.

AIS' new owners have been running campaigns making calls in the evening very cheap for users. This allows students to talk to their friends continuously. At present, it does not look like the situation will improve.

AIS' new owners have been running campaigns making calls in the evening very cheap for users. This allows students to talk to their friends continuously. At present, it does not look like the situation will improve.

I met with AIS technical division and the situation is a simple result of the promotions (to attract customers away from DTAC etc) working too well and now if one pays a fee of B800 per month up front (one option) calls are free 6am-6pm (untimed) for many customers or maximum call cost 5 Baht regardless of time so people are clogging the network. They now need more capacity. So their problem is that they'll need to pay Millions to upgrade (more capacity) but get no more revenue. Difficult. If one is a prepay or postpay it makes no difference about getting a call through.