So which one are you?

lormakmak

The dreaded social networking site strikes again, whilst with the soon to be ex I attended all kinds of parties and BBQ's with her work friends and their significant others, at these gatherings us men used to get put in one corner and fed the occasional beer by the wives or look after the kids, some of the husbands used to like to show how Thai they could be and eat the muck that smelt like an open sewer and say 'aroy' much to the womens amusement and my disgust, put it this way if they needed the loo and knocked on my door I would give them a carrier bag and wish them well as they must be putrid.

onto the topic, I got quite friendly in particular with one fella and we had many things in common and would always pair up at these events, now after a long absence I re-activated my facebook account as I was getting malicious messages about what she used to get up to on her nights out and other not very nice stuff... all anonymous mind you so I was left with no other choice.

Anyway this bloke never had facebook before but has now signed up and got an account, naturally I was pleased to see him on there and sent a friend request along with a message along the lines 'hello mate long time no see, good to see you on here and lets have a beer and catch up sometime'

Well apparently he cannot add me as a friend he says as that will make it difficult with his wife who is on friendly terms with my ex but by no means were they best buddies....

now I was being polite, friendly, sociable and most of all grown up in my request, I wasn't asking to come round and be part of their lives and I think he knows that...

so those of you who have took your missus back to their homeland(I am from the UK) would you be dictated to by your missus as to who you can or cannot be friends with on a social networking site?

slightly miffed and amused here whistling.gif

I thought Facebook was for teenage girls?

Get a grip old boy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've been getting a grip of the old boy ever since I split up with the missus....

In Thailand?

Get a grip old boy.

I've been getting a grip of the old boy ever since I split up with the missus....

In Thailand?

no mate, that's what the rub and tugs are there for thumbsup.gif

Get a grip old boy.

In Thailand?

no mate, that's what the rub and tugs are there for thumbsup.gif

Zzzzz .

Yep..def agree with what the second poster said about you.

But in order to be somewhat constructive, do you know 100% if he liked you as much as you liked him?

I mean, sometimes using partners as a get out clause happens.

He might be just using his wife as an excuse to get out of being "friends" with you on facebook.

(anyway..really..its facebook. ..dont you feel even a little bit embarressed posting this?)

Zzzzz .

Yep..def agree with what the second poster said about you.

But in order to be somewhat constructive, do you know 100% if he liked you as much as you liked him?

I mean, sometimes using partners as a get out clause happens.

He might be just using his wife as an excuse to get out of being "friends" with you on facebook.

(anyway..really..its facebook. ..dont you feel even a little bit embarressed posting this?)

You're a funny one aren't you!

As I wrote but you didn't bother to note I am not looking to be best friends or part of his life, I was simply being civil & friendly.

Whether he does or doesn't want to be my friend on Facebook or in life why would a grown man answer in such a way was my point, just ignore the request & message,

This is where we will always fail us round eyes, if he was like most of the Thai women who are friends of my ex he would have 2 Facebook accounts, one for show & one the old man don't know!

Plus us round eyes like to lay into each other & kick a fellow country man when he is down, from what I see the Thais don't do that & unite together in times of crisis, certainly the ones who are over here (UK)!

Other way round he couldn't tell her who she can or can't be mates with on the internet, to answer your final bit about embarrassment I refer to the 2nd post & ask you to get a grip, this is an anonymous forum!

Thanks for your time

Edited by lormakmak

Get a grip old boy.

Brother, I can't even get it up.

• Like 2

who cares?

posting on thaivisa, about your facebook life. god help you.

ill bet you share thaivisa articles on facebook, too.

sigh

what is wrong with people?

Another one!

It's not about Facebook, more about how most farang/Thai relationships over here are controlled by the woman!

Now stop reading & responding to things you have zero interest in, or are you compelled to respond?

I bet you aren't so opinionated in real life, you'd always be getting punched I suspect!

• Like 2

You said soon to be ex. Or are we dealing with a nine-year old boy who's been put in one corner with a beer.

My advice, don't frequent social media and don't take a Thai girlfriend and her muck food.

The dreaded social networking site strikes again, whilst with the soon to be ex I attended all kinds of parties and BBQ's with her work friends and their significant others, at these gatherings us men used to get put in one corner and fed the occasional beer by the wives or look after the kids...

• Like 2

You said soon to be ex. Or are we dealing with a nine-year old boy who's been put in one corner with a beer.

My advice, don't frequent social media and don't take a Thai girlfriend and her muck food.

The dreaded social networking site strikes again, whilst with the soon to be ex I attended all kinds of parties and BBQ's with her work friends and their significant others, at these gatherings us men used to get put in one corner and fed the occasional beer by the wives or look after the kids...

Thanks for your input

I got email, an amazing invention. I also get instant messaging. linkedin is a career thing it seems, optional, but has uses.

facebook is for sharing photos with family/friends?

i beleive it was first strted up as a dateing type site. not sure about the rest of it, but if I want to communicate I prefer to speak face to face. tv is nerdy enough

who cares?

sigh

Another one!

It's not about Facebook, more about how most farang/Thai relationships over here are controlled by the woman!

Now stop reading & responding to things you have zero interest in, or are you compelled to respond?

I bet you aren't so opinionated in real life, you'd always be getting punched I suspect!

no, i am that opinionated in real life, and in your case i actually did exercise a modicum of tact -- i chose to ignore your marital issues.

more to the point, i find it difficult to see the point of your post.

you begin by painting yourself as a long suffering individual stuck in a corner with a number of other sad sacks taking care of the children while you wife has a good time eating food you dislike while other husbands join in to your disdain.

you then talk about how someone has been sending you reports regarding your wife's behavior on facebook - anonymously, however that is possible.

you then move on to saying someone didn't want to friend you because his wife would disapprove.

i just dont understand what you wish to acheive, especially in light of the topic title which has nothing to do with any of it.

as for being punched, it has happened, but not since i was 16.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

Get a grip old boy.

In Thailand, Face Book is very popular with the teens and preteens ( who lie about their age to join).

However, in the USA and most of the world, younger people have left Face Book in droves for newer youth orientated social sites.

They don't like the fact that face book has been so well populated with parents and grand parents..adults and seniors have taken it over.

Maybe you need to get a grip young man!

http://www.ibtimes.com/facebook-gets-older-demographic-report-shows-3-million-teens-left-social-network-3-years-1543092

Detail available at the above listed link.

Get a grip old boy.

In Thailand, Face Book is very popular with the teens and preteens ( who lie about their age to join).

However, in the USA and most of the world, younger people have left Face Book in droves for newer youth orientated social sites.

They don't like the fact that face book has been so well populated with parents and grand parents..adults and seniors have taken it over.

Maybe you need to get a grip young man!

http://www.ibtimes.com/facebook-gets-older-demographic-report-shows-3-million-teens-left-social-network-3-years-1543092

Detail available at the above listed link.

When I heard a colleague, a 6 foot 4 ex-military hard man start going on about "his facebook" and spend all day giggling at the thing . . . well I knew the World had come to an end.

well I seem to have touched a raw nerve here..... I repeat from what I posted before it isn't about facebook or any social networking site...just the fact that I found it sad this man who I have spent time with cannot converse with me due to his wife not approving and had to tell me about it....

so which one are you?

controlled by your Thai missus as to who you can or cannot speak and converse with?

or the other?

who cares?

sigh

Another one!

no, i am that opinionated in real life, and in your case i actually did exercise a modicum of tact -- i chose to ignore your marital issues.

more to the point, i find it difficult to see the point of your post.

you begin by painting yourself as a long suffering individual stuck in a corner with a number of other sad sacks taking care of the children while you wife has a good time eating food you dislike while other husbands join in to your disdain.

you then talk about how someone has been sending you reports regarding your wife's behavior on facebook - anonymously, however that is possible.

you then move on to saying someone didn't want to friend you because his wife would disapprove.

i just dont understand what you wish to acheive, especially in light of the topic title which has nothing to do with any of it.

as for being punched, it has happened, but not since i was 16.

refer to the post above, cheers for stopping by thumbsup.gif

well I seem to have touched a raw nerve here..... I repeat from what I posted before it isn't about facebook or any social networking site...just the fact that I found it sad this man who I have spent time with cannot converse with me due to his wife not approving and had to tell me about it....

so which one are you?

controlled by your Thai missus as to who you can or cannot speak and converse with?

or the other?

ok, im sorry, next time i will discuss what you meant to write rather than what you did write.

does communication within your marriage require a similar amount of intuition and reading between the lines?

Edited by HooHaa

so which one are you?

or the other?

ok, im sorry, next time i will discuss what you meant to write rather than what you did write.

does communication within your marriage require a similar amount of intuition and reading between the lines?

what marriage?

it's over!!!

I wouldn't let her call the shots so it is how it is....

cheers

hahahahaha, I have a facebook acount so I can keep in touch with my family in Australia(wont give them my phone number), trouble is I rarely go in there and usually miss everything by a few monthswhistling.gif.