If I'm a foreigner, does delivery expect me to tip? I feel like they expect tip after they see me

Sojuncoke

I... I have no bloody clue.

If it's Pizza Hut or something, they always very graciously accept a tip.

There's a small Thai restaurant around the corner, and if I'm having a lazy day and don't feel look cooking for my dogs, I'll just get him to deliver 4 things of khao pad moo. He always graciously accepts a tip as well.

Then there's a minimart around the corner, and previously they would always insist on driving me home on their motorbike, but lately they've begun to just deliver instead. Makes sense anyway -- why bother walking all the way there just to get driven home, when they can just deliver? However, he will absolutely NOT take a tip whatsoever. He just laughs at me, says no, and drives away.

Couple days ago I cooked up a bunch of extras for dinner, then ordered from them. So I gave him a couple chicken cordon bleus (every Thai I've known to taste it has loved it, so thought it was ok), plus a veggie stir-fry. He took it with a smile and "kawp kun", but no idea if that was a good idea or not. He won't take any money, and I feel bad for not tipping because of how customary in Canada it is, so wanted to give me at least something.

And I've come to realize giving money is many times frowned upon, but food and beer and many times graciously accepted.

Edited by Nautilus05