hi iam planning to buy a condo in bkk in the future...I am and will be sendin the moning from england ...how do i go about getting the tor tor sam which i know i need 2 buy the condo?????

plz...any help grateful

hi iam planning to buy a condo in bkk in the future...I am and will be sendin the moning from england ...how do i go about getting the tor tor sam which i know i need 2 buy the condo?????

plz...any help grateful

Better known now as Foreign Exchange Transaction Certificate. Request from your bank in Thailand, when sterling received from your bank in UK. Must be for a sum equal to or greater than purchase price.

plz...any help grateful

Better known now as Foreign Exchange Transaction Certificate. Request from your bank in Thailand, when sterling received from your bank in UK. Must be for a sum equal to or greater than purchase price.

soo wen i next return 2 thailand and i find a condo 2 buy i can go down my bank and explain ive bee sending money over from my home country can i have a foreign exchange transaction certificate coz i need it 2 buy an condo..its as easy as that????wen i send the money does it matter where the pound is exchanged 2 baht???

plz...any help grateful

soo wen i next return 2 thailand and i find a condo 2 buy i can go down my bank and explain ive bee sending money over from my home country can i have a foreign exchange transaction certificate coz i need it 2 buy an condo..its as easy as that????wen i send the money does it matter where the pound is exchanged 2 baht???

Yes, it matters where the exchange from GBP to THB takes place. The certificate you need is as mentioned by Dragonman now called a "Foreign exchange Transaction Certificate", and if your Thai bank doesn't do the exchange, they naturally won't be able to issue the certificate.

But it's academic anyway, as you would definetely want the exchange to be done by the Thai bank anyway (i.e. make the transfer in GBP as oposed to THB), as you will get a far better exchange rate that way.

Sophon

plz...any help grateful

Yes, it matters where the exchange from GBP to THB takes place. The certificate you need is as mentioned by Dragonman now called a "Foreign exchange Transaction Certificate", and if your Thai bank doesn't do the exchange, they naturally won't be able to issue the certificate.

But it's academic anyway, as you would definetely want the exchange to be done by the Thai bank anyway (i.e. make the transfer in GBP as oposed to THB), as you will get a far better exchange rate that way.

Sophon

so i can count out money i sent over where the exchange was done over here and of course the money i brought over myself prevoiusly by hand right????

Foreign exchange certificate will only be issued for amounts of US 20,000 (equivalent)

or more. That is US 20k as a single transaction.

Money must come into Thailand in a foreign currency, normally by electronic bank to bank

transfer.

Naka.

Edited by naka