Thai Constitutional Court voids February election

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Was there any doubt? The election was a failure. The protestors did their job and stopped the election while the police did nothing at all. Government will blame the EC for this but the fact is the police failed miserably in their jobs to protect the polling stations.

I like it.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can one of the paranoid reds or their trolls please advise those of us who want to know, who or what are the Amart/amataya or whatever this Bangkok Elite is, you keep banging on about?. None of those vague Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter conspiracy theories or acronyms. Give us names please. Some of us poor confused non-believers (in conspiracy theories) want to know. Why are you so reluctant to name names? And I am sure that there are many people you are thinking of, other than "they who cannot be named for TVF and other legal reasons", So, let's have the names. Be brave now. I have said please several times.

While you are at it, you can also please define the major differences that upset you so much, between the Bangkok Elites (who-ever they are) and the Chiangmai elites (The Shinawatra clan & their cronies) There! I know who the Chiangmai elites are. There is no secret there.

P.S. If there are no names, then you are just repeating rumours & that is not only stupid, but it can also get you banned from TVF.

Even a private message would be helpful so I can at least see you are not just repeating Chinese Whispers.

Replace the word amart with the word hiso, and you realise how disingenuous your statement is. There are hundreds of books on the amart.

Do you have a concise list of who are the "upper crust" of the UK?

The chiangmai elite, is not elite by Bangkok standards and never will be. Did you know.there was another PM from Chiangmai before Thaksin. He was extremely short lived. Rumor has it that the Shinawatras were intimately connected business wise with that family.

That might go a long way to explaining the lack of respect accorded thaksin in Bangkok and his zeal in trying to eradicate drugs.

But you must have an opinion on who the Bangkok Amart is... after all, the PTP aligned forum members spout off about it daily... who are they reffering to?

I will post you a few schematics and links. Just give me time to get off my tablet into my laptop. Plenty of links out there. Why dont you ask your wife or friends. They will give you a good start on it.

"But protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban, a deputy prime minister when the opposition were in power, said another election would face similar problems.

"If a new election date is declared, then we'll take care of every province and the election won't be successful again," he said late on Thursday."

Time to lock him up and throw away the key!

Time to lock up those already sentenced first, wouldn't you agree! There's 1 in Dubai for that matter, and also a couple rouge instigators are out on bail for their incitements during the 2010 overthrow!

Even if the results of the advanced voting is kept confidential, it still "breaks the law" (as claimed by some posters) of having voting taking place on the SAME day.

See how ridiculous this ruling is?

See how ridiculous was the idea of pursuing the election at all cost in the first place? If I remember well, the EC suggested delaying the election but the caretaker goverment stubbornly refused any cooperation. As long as Thai government is run by a convicted criminal via social media there is no end to Thailand's political crisis. It's not nuclear science, is it?

You obviously don't have a big picture grasp of the technicalities at hand.

If the caretaker government would have agreed to the delay as suggested by the EC, then the 60 day deadline would have definitely been breached and the elections would have definitely been invalidated and that would have been seen as the PTP falling flat on their own faces.

This way, it is clear to all independent observers that the mechanisms of the courts are sinister, to say the least.

Just a thought . . . perhaps they should have consulted with the EC BEFORE dissolving Parliament . . . then they could have done things within the law instead of (again) working outside it.

And in case you hadn't noticed, PTP need no help to fall flat on their own faces . . . for as long as they solely listen to that one voice over Skype instead of the people that actually know the laws and the constitution here, this is what's going to happen.

"Just a thought . . . perhaps they should have consulted with the EC BEFORE dissolving Parliament"

Genuine question; has any previous government ever consulted with the EC BEFORE dissolving Parliament and calling for elections?

I will post you a few schematics and links. Just give me time to get off my tablet into my laptop. Plenty of links out there. Why dont you ask your wife or friends. They will give you a good start on it.

That would be appreciated, thanks. Already spoken to the wife and the answer isnt publishable here ;)

• Like 1

ok, there would be the next one, with the same effect - reds will win the majority, democrats will be losing support (that even if they contest an election).

dems wanted a new parliament, PM dissolved the house, dems boycotted the election. The reds won, election invalidated by yellow's palls from the court, dems call for boycott of the next poll.

the country is going down the drain, not the government, but courts, agencies and fascist mob on the streets running amok, destroying what is left from the reasonable economic, political and social stability.

Do I really have to say this again in all the threads before you realize the actual true situation?

......says the guy with just 12 posts to his credit. What are your other aliases?

Another post that is typical of not being able to argue against the facts laid out in my post.

It is great to get these replies, they can't win the argument, they are weak in debate.

It is so easy for me to win when I actually have all the facts to back up my posts.

Come on... counter-debate me..... If you can.

Everyone can clearly see my post score, they don't need YOU to point it out, and it's off topic as well.... Einstein.

You need to learn the proticol

Many will say your just a newbie or a fake untill you score 500 posts

so this will give you plenty of time to practice

and in the mean time back to the real boys

That would be appreciated, thanks. Already spoken to the wife and the answer isnt publishable here wink.png

Then please do us a favour and PM the results to Deer Hunter as he is obviously new to Thailand and still very much in the dark thumbsup.gif

Do I really have to say this again in all the threads before you realize the actual true situation?

......says the guy with just 12 posts to his credit. What are your other aliases?

Another post that is typical of not being able to argue against the facts laid out in my post.

It is great to get these replies, they can't win the argument, they are weak in debate.

It is so easy for me to win when I actually have all the facts to back up my posts.

Come on... counter-debate me..... If you can.

Everyone can clearly see my post score, they don't need YOU to point it out, and it's off topic as well.... Einstein.

Haha. One thing I must admit about our dear Tezza. He might be old and mumbling incoherently with spittle dribbling down the side of his mouth most times but he shoots with a shotgun indiscriminately and doesn't care who he hits clap2.gif

yea what a surprise!!!

thugs block voting = void election = thugs win = another election = thugs block voting = thugs win = pathetic

Or someone makes a troll posting

then goes to sleep

waking up he makes a troll posting

then goes to sleep

on waking up he makes another troll posting

then goes to sleep

and on and on

The court has rule the fact, The Pheu Thai Party MP's are the one pushing PM. Yingluck for all this, they think Democracy is by power,democracy is all about brain and read on the law that govern it, nowadays, even illiterate want to be politician, this is a lesson to all group.

Edited by metisdead
Overly large bold font reset to normal.

Would be interesting to know what grounds for voiding the elections.

Contempt for the democratic wishes of the Thai people.

20mln citisens voted in this election. The court invalidated their political choice. The court is in the pockets of the ruling class

The court is in the pockets of the ruling class

Like most countries in the worldcoffee1.gif

Was there any doubt? The election was a failure. The protestors did their job and stopped the election while the police did nothing at all. Government will blame the EC for this but the fact is the police failed miserably in their jobs to protect the polling stations.

Police did a fine job taking care of the mess the EC created.

As far as I'm aware no one actually died on polling day and that's the most important thing.

The Reds can win elections any day of the week into the distant future, so nothing's been lost, only delayed.

..................................................................................

Haha. One thing I must admit about our dear Tezza. He might be old and mumbling incoherently with spittle dribbling down the side of his mouth most times but he shoots with a shotgun indiscriminately and doesn't care who he hits clap2.gif

..................................................................................

If you had of read my posting correctly you will see I wrote

"MANY WILL SAY"

At no time did I say I agree with this notion or not

In fact in the last 3 months, 6 members have joined TVF at my request and they are all under the 500 figure postings

so if I am indiscriminately shooting with a shotgun

at least I'm not fireing blanks,,

and you are a mind reader who can say exactly what I am thinking

mmmmhhhh, now who is the puppet show ?

As far as I'm aware no one actually died on polling day and that's the most important thing.

The Reds can win elections any day of the week into the distant future, so nothing's been lost, only delayed.

I have asked you many times, and you have never answered

If PTP and Thaskin are so sure they will win the next election again

why are they trying so hard to not have to face the people at an election

I did not expect any less or any more the only people who suffer are the normal every day hard working Thais who scrape to make a living . A new election will be held and the same same will be the outcome nothing will change there will be the normal henchmen on the streets. Thailand can I'll afford to waste monies on elections the yellow shirts will only ever get into power by the back door like they did the last time and what did they do when they got there a big fat zero 2014 is not going to be a good year for the Thai economy with all this unrest and dissatisfaction going on the rich will get richer the poor will suffer !!

What a circus! The ultimate aim is for Thailand to have a democracy Thai style which is one that the amataya or Bangkok/Army Elite are comfortable with.....

< yawn >

Can we move on from "amart" and "elite" . . . your boss and his cronies are just as much "elite" as anyone else involved in this . . .

This post shows your complete ignorance as to what is going on here.

There isn't a single international media outlet of repute that does not refer to the elite or the am-mart.

It is the old establishment that are behind this mess.

A tiny bunch of decrepid old geriatrics and their families who are being washed away down the gutters and sewers of history where they belong.

Thaksin is new money and not part of the club.

Reds won’t win the next election, and they know it... that’s why they were so scared about this election getting nullified.

They have lost soooooo much support recently, and continue to do so... as I’ve said before, they will be lucky to garner enough votes to become a second party in any future coalition. I don’t think many of the smaller parties will be queuing up at their door when the election is finally done, PTP are in their death throws and with the courts working through a shopping list of offences, PTP will be lucky to still exist come next election.

If you had of read my posting correctly you will see I wrote

"MANY WILL SAY"

At no time did I say I agree with this notion or not

In fact in the last 3 months, 6 members have joined TVF at my request and they are all under the 500 figure postings

so if I am indiscriminately shooting with a shotgun

at least I'm not fireing blanks,,

and you are a mind reader who can say exactly what I am thinking

mmmmhhhh, now who is the puppet show ?

Hahaha. Your mind is in such a phugoid state that even the best mind reader in the world can't read it clap2.gif

What a circus! The ultimate aim is for Thailand to have a democracy Thai style which is one that the amataya or Bangkok/Army Elite are comfortable with.....

< yawn >

Can we move on from "amart" and "elite" . . . your boss and his cronies are just as much "elite" as anyone else involved in this . . .

I don't know where you think I work, but I have no boss in Thailand, and I think my boss as little or no knowledge of Thai politics. As for my opinion, it is formed over knowing and understanding Thai people of every level from farmers/garbage collectors/cooks/drivers/business men/secretaries/government officials and politicians. There are a huge number of non-Bangkok citizens that feel completely disenfranchised by the ongoing judicial politics. No matter what you say or feel, the heart of Bangkok is not the heart of Thailand, and that is where these people are coming from. Thai politics will continue "Thai Style" and the unspoken influence is a swaying factor that all Thai's consider. The problem is when the masses are disenfranchised I personally worry about Thailand working towards something of the natural of Cambodia in the 1970's, and that we do not want to see. Where is their voice? If it can't be at the poles, where can it be?

Not quite sure what "the heart of Thailand" is, or if, indeed, there is one.

But saying it lies with the "huge number of non-Bangkok citizens that feel completely disenfranchised by the ongoing judicial politics" is rather arbitrary. There are quite a few non-Bangkok citizens who actually support the PDRC, the Democrat Party or simply do not support the government.

Reds won’t win the next election, and they know it... that’s why they were so scared about this election getting nullified.

They have lost soooooo much support recently, and continue to do so... as I’ve said before, they will be lucky to garner enough votes to become a second party in any future coalition. I don’t think many of the smaller parties will be queuing up at their door when the election is finally done, PTP are in their death throws and with the courts working through a shopping list of offences, PTP will be lucky to still exist come next election.

If that's the case, care to tell us why the Dems are refusing to participate in the next elections?

Tezza mate,

I think you mean Abhisit and the Dems. Or did you just wake up?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

ok, there would be the next one, with the same effect - reds will win the majority, democrats will be losing support (that even if they contest an election).

dems wanted a new parliament, PM dissolved the house, dems boycotted the election. The reds won, election invalidated by yellow's palls from the court, dems call for boycott of the next poll.

the country is going down the drain, not the government, but courts, agencies and fascist mob on the streets running amok, destroying what is left from the reasonable economic, political and social stability.

The country has gone down the drain courtessy of Suthep and a spineless Democrat Party that runs away from elections because it has nothing to offer the country. They are aided and abeted by institutions that were set up after 2006 to ensure the Dems would and their backers would retain power.

Yet again an election has been stolen from the people because certain elitist interests do not want the people of this country to elect a government of their choosing. Mark my words.The people will not forget and they will not forgive. There are already reports in the international news media saying that the Dems will boycott the next election and Suthep's mob will disrupt it. Those Suthep cheerleaders on this forum should hang their heads in shame. Your man has blown it for the country big time. And it is the ordinary Thai citizen who will suffer because of it.

The country has not gone down the drain because of the illegal amnesty bill, the corrupt rice scheme or the criminal 2 trillion THB loan,...noooo! the reason why Thailand is going down the drain is because of Suthep and his "elites".laugh.png

In one thing you are right though. It is the ordinary Thai citizen (read. farmers), that are suffering the most......but also that is because of Suthep and the elites of course and doesn't have anything to do with the Shinawatra crime family and their cronies.....

Edited by RockyBeerbelly

What does the constitution say about deliberately blocking the electorates right to vote?

Don't you understand? That's a matter for the Criminal Court! As I said in an earlier post, you can be guilty of criminal acts but this does not result in an issue being unconstitutional - unless, of course, you pass a law that is retroactively declared unconstitutional.

Pheu Thai won the last election, and the 2014 one. And if allowed to run in the next election, they'll win that one too. The only party that won't face elections are the Democrat party.

You did the trick of fasely accusing your opponents of your sides crimes.

• Like 1

A mob of assassins, paid 300 baht a day to lynch and massacre bystandars and people who want to cast their votes, is untouchable.

Not even the Courts of Russia, Myanmar or North Korea can be so disgusting corrupt.

Suthep who was called "the most corrupt people in Thailand" by the Democrat Chuan Leekpai , is free to kill and kidnap people freely, while governing for the people is forbidden in this middle age society.

Edited by max72