Take vaccine for new born baby

jiangaq

What kind of vaccines should be taken for the new born baby in Thailand?

When to take them?

How many times will take for each one?

Imported or Local brand vaccines recommended?

If made in Thailand, are they reliable in your opinion?

What's the price for them to the non thai baby?

Sorry for so many questions since I have no idea about the medical knowledge.

Thanks.

Edited by jiangaq

There is a schedule for various kinds of vaccinations, at specific ages. Go to a hospital like Ram or Lanna and ask; you'll get a booklet with the schedule.

These are really common shots; generic versions are fine though they sometimes try to push the imported brand name ones. (For little benefit other than their bottom line)

• Like 1

Don't worry about micro-managing. They give you a book and appointments are scheduled according to the vaccine schedule. The government will pay for most of them, but not all of them.

Oh wait "non-Thai" - no the government won't pay sorry I missed that.

In any event, don't worry, just follow the schedule in the book. They will try and sell you all kinds of unnecessary vaccines, some are as much as 6K THB per injection. I once asked our Doctor how many cases were reported in Thailand of the vaccine the clinic was offering. Her response: 0 know in Thailand, but some cases on the border.... Pass on that one.

Edited by elektrified

This is not just about money and the cost of vaccines,

DO NOT vaccinate your baby beyond what the average Thai couple here does.

Encouragement of vaccination on a forum like this is irresponsible.

This place is a bloody proving grounds for Big Pharma.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

Look for the CDC/ ACP vaccination guideline for the recommendation. Thai pediatric infectious disease association follow that except for the exotic disease like Japanese encephalitis which is off course is an extra to the American standard schedule.

There is no real local thai vaccines. there are only cheaper ones which made from Taiwan, China, India, Indonesia. The different between the original/ western vaccine and the regional/local ones are the whole cell vaccine, give a strong reaction to children, and acellular vaccine which seems to have very little side effect. The original ones come in a combination of 4-6 different vaccines in one, means one shot to to child compared to the local of 3 separate jabs for the same required vaccines.

The good vaccination come from GSK,Sanofi Pasteur, Norvatis.

I do not think the Hospital force the non essential vaccination, I think the thai government provide substandard compulsory vaccination to the Thais due to limited budget. For example they do not provide PCV as it is too expensive, so the local kids, whom PCV was not given, have otitis media much more than the vaccinated children.

The choice is yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1