Cheap Rooms In Phuket

grim_marmazet

Hello,

Im moving to Patong soon, and i need temporary accomodation. I was told by a friend of the family that you could rent basic rooms for 120-200 Baht a night.

First i'd like to know if this is true,

Secondly; Does anyone know of good, clean rooms that I could rent.

I know it can often be a case of see whats avaliable when you get there. I'd just like some recommendations, or be told of any places to avoid.

Thanks a lot :o

The cheapest rooms to be had in Patong are to be had around the paradise complex.Now this is the gay area but I have met people who have stayed in some of these guest houses and they said they had no problem and were happy for the price around 400 baht.I f you really wanted somewhere cheap the bar girls are the people in the know.Now I know what you are thinking,It will be grim,thats very true in some case. But I have been in some girls rooms and they were ok..From 3500 baht a month upwards.They normally share between 2 or three girls for that price.

Outside patong can be cheaper.My recomendation would bePort of Antwerp Restaurant Prices can be discussed for long stays.Very central and no real problem for noise :o:D

Can recomend elsewhere for more baht.

Thank you for the advice, it is most appreciated.

I understand about what you said about bar girl's rooms. My gf is a bar girl in Tai Pan (people who've been there will know its not a sleazy bar, well not the staff anyway). I went to her room, and it was basic. Similar to the bungalows in Koh Samet.

I will probaly be staying with her, and in a similar room. I'll get her to organise it, because she, like most Thai people, is very friendly and helpful, and i have a VERY basic knowledge of the Thai language (im currently learning).

The advice is helpful though, and i'll be looking into that hotel you mentioned.

Don`t know any sleazy bars in Patong :o:D:D:D The Port of Antwerp is on Soi Viking ie;where the Viking restaurant is.Ist Soi on left on Bangla Road approaching from Rat-u Thit or Taipan.Guest house not hotel,no foyer or bar to walk through.Which to me is one of the good things about it.Near to many restaurants for breakfast whatever.It`s just changed hands I`ve met the new owners.Belgium.They came across as ok blokes. :D

• 1 month later...

No not true. Some a definately no! no! Some ask for a joiners fee. I have known guys leave top hotels and move into good guest houses.That`s when they have paid their top hotel in full.

There reasoning, if you go to a short time hotel every night it cost the same in the long run.So they moved, so no problem to find way home. :o:D:D

No not true. Some a definately no! no! Some ask for a joiners fee. I have known guys leave top hotels and move into good guest houses.That`s when they have paid their top hotel in full.

There reasoning, if you go to a short time hotel every night it cost the same in the long run.So they moved, so no problem to find way home. :o:D:D

They demand and get joiners fee, take the ladies ID card and you get a phone call early in the morning "Lady must leave now"

If you go back during the day she isn't allowed to go to the room with you, but must stay and wait in reception.

The suckothai on bangla road is a good example.

Which ones let you in without one niag??

You can get a good, clean room from 3,000 B per month along Phisit Karanee Road, about ten minutes walk, two minutes by mc from Bangla. Get one at the back or off the main road and it is quiet as well. I'm talking cold water and basic but clean, have lived up here for three + years now, and no problems. A couple of expat bars with good food, too.

Which ones let you in without one niag??

To honest I always stay in good guest houses find them better value, especially for long time stays.. Family MansionMost of these places have no joiner fee.Ok no restaurant,no pool etc.But there are bars & restaurants all over the place!

A lot of hotels let you use their pools for a small fee anyway.

The Expat hotel with pool has no joiners fee.Take as many guests back as you like, as long as no other guest is disturbed !. But it`s old and a bit jaded even though they are trying to upgrade some of the rooms.If in doubt all the girls know which hotel has no joiners fees.Its the top end that you have problems with medium to low no problem. :o

Quick comment about joiners fees. Late last year I stayed in the Novatel, Patong with my Thai fiancee. I explained to the reception desk that I would stay 2 nights, but she had to return to BKK after 1 night because she had some business. In front of her the staff then told me ' you must pay 1000 baht to bring another lady back to your room'.

Well, to say I was livid was a huge understatement. I can understand their comment perhaps, but to say this in front of my fiancee (who looked nothing like a working girl), was terrible.

Still, TiT, so I let it pass, but The Novatel never gets my business again :o

• 2 weeks later...
Quick comment about joiners fees. Late last year I stayed in the Novatel, Patong with my Thai fiancee. I explained to the reception desk that I would stay 2 nights, but she had to return to BKK after 1 night because she had some business. In front of her the staff then told me ' you must pay 1000 baht to bring another lady back to your room'.

Well, to say I was livid was a huge understatement. I can understand their comment perhaps, but to say this in front of my fiancee (who looked nothing like a working girl), was terrible.

Still, TiT, so I let it pass, but The Novatel never gets my business again :o

Maybe a dork looking person would be assumed to be with a bar girl if she looked to out class him by several factors ( didn't you have the velcro patch on the forehead saying fiancee). Face it 50 year old fat bald and whatever else Farangs do not look right with some little honey. It is just a common more than not situation. Don't take it personal.

Comments re Rooms...

I live on Phisaat Karonee and as mentioned there are cheap rooms and long stay places that can be down around 3 - 5 k if you look... Stays of a month or more can find flats / rooms / apartments pretty easy also.

I just put my mate in the Blue Sky residence (nice new clean rooms... Maid services... Swimming pool.. Etc) for 10k for one month considering the standard of rooms and pool I thought that pretty reasonable.

The Andaman Hill on Nanai is a pretty good Hotel with nice pool etc and can be haggled down to 500 a night at this time of year with no joiner fee.

For the extra 100 baht or so that you will spend to be in this quality of hotel v a Paradise guesthouse I would call it a no brainer.

Re the joiner fee and Hotels treatment of non working girls...

I have had my fair share of hassles and arguements, my first wife was stunning looking and some Hotels security would be a real PITA to deal with. We had been living in Europe and she had lost her Thai ID card and on return to Phuket on holiday checked into a hotel as a couple. That night returning from the bar the security wanted to do an ID check and even after explaining she was my fiance and we were booked into the room together he was still rude and insisted on her waiting outside the hotel while I went and got her passport from the room. I remained calm and spoke to the front desk the next morning. The thing was the little bastard repeated this performance each night even after the whole thing had been addressed, the following night I nearly clocked him and we checked out the next morning !!! He simply looked down on my lady as she was good looking and (surgically) well endowed and did the standard Thai dominance thing !!!

• 4 weeks later...

If you stay at the Phuket Palace Resort next to Simon Cabaret you will have a good and friendly service for you and your lady friend, no exstra charge for the girl and breakfast buffet included.

On top of that you will have a fantastic pool, and your lady friend will be treated like any other hotel guest, it's my choice :o