Suthep: Poll disruptions will be repeated

webfact

Suthep with the support of the military and the Democrat party will now hold Thailand hostage. Everyone is for reform. Who best to initiate the reform process? In any enlightened nation where there is a respect for democracy, the answer would be, the elected representatives of the people. The Suthep faction wants its form of reform to come from people it will appoint. That is not acceptable.

Thailand is at the crossroads. If it is in favour of democracy there must be free elections. The continued blackmail of Suthep must stop. The military must step aside and allow the civil authorities to proceed with their case against Suthep and that means an end to their protection of him.

Just as Suthep and his cronies keep insisting that there must be reforms before the next election, what's to stop Suthep spelling out a few more precise details NOW before the caretaker government would be asked to relinquish power such as

1. exactly who is going to a member of the People's Council -the full and complete list
  2. the full extent of their wish list so that people of Thailand can adequately consider it and so that nothing unexpected can be added laterrolleyes.gif
  3. exactly how long it will be until the next election is held

as it is today the people of Thailand and particularly those in the rural heartland are completely in the dark about these issues. Only those associated with the elite are in the know and that is totally unacceptable

The courts will automatically strip them of power, they will not be asked to relinquish it.

Edited by ginjag

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok..so after that literal rant. Tell me

- Was Yingluk democratically elected?

- Has Yingluk ever been found guilty of any crimes?

- Today, if there is a vote, will Yingluk win the election?

IF you have facts regarding illegal acts by Yingluk...fine. But there aren't

Just alot of Propaganda. You live on propaganda since you have no facts.

Let the votes decide. But I guess... you don't believe in democracy.

Just as Suthep and his cronies keep insisting that there must be reforms before the next election, what's to stop Suthep spelling out a few more precise details NOW before the caretaker government would be asked to relinquish power such as

1. exactly who is going to a member of the People's Council -the full and complete list
  2. the full extent of their wish list so that people of Thailand can adequately consider it and so that nothing unexpected can be added laterrolleyes.gif
  3. exactly how long it will be until the next election is held

as it is today the people of Thailand and particularly those in the rural heartland are completely in the dark about these issues. Only those associated with the elite are in the know and that is totally unacceptable

The people of the rural heartland of Thailand (I assume you mean Isaan?) are in the dark already, or maybe even still. Their local elite and the UDD leaders keep them their. They only need to know that k. Thaksin wishes them well, Ms. Yingluck cares about them and the Democrat party is the reason why farmers are not paid. Noe please go home, we're taking care (of corruption).

As for the 'exact' answers, well nothing has been decided. That's what you get with real people reform ideas, still to be put into a workable form. More input from a larger part of the population needed.

Ok..so after that literal rant. Tell me

- Was Yingluk democratically elected?

- Has Yingluk ever been found guilty of any crimes?

- Today, if there is a vote, will Yingluk win the election?

IF you have facts regarding illegal acts by Yingluk...fine. But there aren't

Just alot of Propaganda. You live on propaganda since you have no facts.

Let the votes decide. But I guess... you don't believe in democracy.

Yingluck was not elected.

Yingluck was appointed by her brother in Dubai.

Crimes are now underway many I believe--watch this space,

Will she win if there is a vote---impossible as she will be thrown out of office.

Look over the last 2 years--look up what she is being investigated for, a string of them by the way.

Democracy fine-good, BUT NOT Shin style. it is not, hence the problems.

Just to ask where have you been in the last 2 years, do you condone the governments polices and actions of neglect and corruption. SHAME

It's nothing to do with the amnesty bill, the Anonymous Army part of the mob was raised back in July 2013 (see the date on their Facebook page) well before the bill ever came forward (November 1st 2013).

The timing was more to do with Suthep's murder prosecution, in June 2013, a month before the recruitment drive, the DSI began seeking an indictment against Abhisit and Suthep.

So you see how their indictment began in June, and a month later ex soldiers were down south recruiting their anonymous army to overthrow the government. By December (when his court dates were due), he had his mob in Bangkok.

Oh, and anonymous army were the faction with the black scarfs, among which were the heavily armed fake police.

You're right, here they are training - this exercise is called "How to tell the time" (Er, next week, bring your watches.......)

attachicon.gif1291678_523677474410416_1310229743_o.jpg

Think there will be 100 photo's of red army to 1 of the protester lot.

Well allowing Suthep to continue to block elections with a few hundred thousand operatives is really ridiculous. It shows the world how bent the system is here.

Protests against people can understand. But a democratic system allowing a small reactionary force to prevail shows the people and the world that a new sinister event is under way. The votes must be allowed to occur, or Thailand is really no better than a banana republic.

He is reducing the system to a laughing stock.

The said government have reduced the system to a laughing stock. follow the money, We need elections when the courts have rid the vermin out of office.

And in those elections the people will return the "vermin" to office - then what?

Not from the monkey cage impossible, when behind bars I think the law would not let you stand for office---get the gist or you love Disney land.

I don't get the gist because your post is completely incoherent.

From what I can gather your saying if all the current PTP leadership is sitting in a jail cell they can't be returned to office.

This is nonsense, individuals are expendable and replaceable - the movement will live on.

It will continue to win elections and be returned to office.

Then what?

The said government have reduced the system to a laughing stock. follow the money, We need elections when the courts have rid the vermin out of office.

And in those elections the people will return the "vermin" to office - then what?

Not from the monkey cage impossible, when behind bars I think the law would not let you stand for office---get the gist or you love Disney land.

I don't get the gist because your post is completely incoherent.

From what I can gather your saying if all the current PTP leadership is sitting in a jail cell they can't be returned to office.

This is nonsense, individuals are expendable and replaceable - the movement will live on.

It will continue to win elections and be returned to office.

Then what?

OK I'll spell my version out.

I did NOT mention the PTP but they could be barred from office, I was talking about the main cabinet/coalition

Fine replace I have no argument with that, but if the Shins are barred and could be the backbone has broken.

After reforms that will be mega any politician thinking about corruption will have to think again as there will be watchdogs monitoring (if democratic reforms)

The aftermath of all this is who will continue to win elections ??? you have no idea, I haven't but with watchdogs and reforms I DO NOT CARE now do you get what I am on about ??? I am not like S### to a blanket I have the ability to change if the setting is right. Couldn't you ???

No point in barring them, they'll just appear as a new party with Thaksin still pulling the strings, and they will have 12-14 months to build up a connection with the Millions of PTP/UDD supporters they currently have, don't think for one minute than banning the party will make all the current supporters jump ship to the dems, or any other party..

I also wouldn't be surprised that if they retain their numbers then that they'd come back into power after the reforms.. Thaksin will always be there somewhere, you can bet your last 1000 bht on that ;)

No point in barring them, they'll just appear as a new party with Thaksin still pulling the strings, and they will have 12-14 months to build up a connection with the Millions of PTP/UDD supporters they currently have, don't think for one minute than banning the party will make all the current supporters jump ship to the dems, or any other party..

I also wouldn't be surprised that if they retain their numbers then that they'd come back into power after the reforms.. Thaksin will always be there somewhere, you can bet your last 1000 bht on that wink.png

If that post makes you feel better fine---but it will not make Thailand any better or richer.

I have said before the party COULD be banned--If not it's government PM and cabinet will have to face the music.

After reforms that we all think are needed, If they are to make certain corruption is outlawed, with government watchdogs, it really doesn't matter who is in control as they will me monitored for any wrong move.

The Thaksin connection has to be cut. And any connection with the convict punished. I want honest government as we all do, BUT these posters who condone the wrongs of PTP are lacking morals.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

suthep is a fascist but....

a goverment, with its police included, which allows a moron like that to running free, boycotting and breaking as much laws he wants do not deserve to be in the power

The government, by showing a high level of restraint, at a huge cost to itself, has to date avoided the large scale bloodbath so desired by the Suthepsta's.

Yingluck and her team are to be commended for how they have handled the coup attempt thus far, their thoughtful actions have saved countless lives of Thai citizens.

The Reds have not been absent in the streets because they lack support.

Only a goose could think that to be the case.

This time around it is a controlled, planned ramping up of opposition to the ruling classes attempt to steal power for the third time in less than a decade.

Letting Suthep run lose in the streets of Bangkok like a headless chook was but one of many unpalatable events they've reluctantly allowed whilst remaining focussed on the ultimate goal saving democracy in this land.

In their handling of the events of the last 4 months, this is a Grade A+ government.

• Like 1

• exactly who is going to a member of the People's Council -the full and complete list
  • the full extent of their wish list so that people of Thailand can adequately consider it and so that nothing unexpected can be added laterrolleyes.gif
  • exactly how long it will be until the next election is held

The people of the rural heartland of Thailand (I assume you mean Isaan?) are in the dark already, or maybe even still. Their local elite and the UDD leaders keep them their. They only need to know that k. Thaksin wishes them well, Ms. Yingluck cares about them and the Democrat party is the reason why farmers are not paid. Noe please go home, we're taking care (of corruption).

As for the 'exact' answers, well nothing has been decided. That's what you get with real people reform ideas, still to be put into a workable form. More input from a larger part of the population needed.

Oh dear, don't make me wonder if our genial old dutch uncle has bought into the "rural voters are ignorant buffalo" school of thought?

If you go to the North and Isaan you will see internet access, satellite TV, along with a high degree of political awareness. They know what is going on, that is why they are more than a little pissed off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nah the truth is JAG, the likes of dear old rubl have already decided THEY know what's best for the people where he says " please go home, we're taking care (of corruption) " when they're actually inviting more corruption with open arms by not demanding any answers to so many questionsgiggle.gif

" Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy "facepalm.gif

Benito Mussolini

• Like 1

a goverment, with its police included, which allows a moron like that to running free, boycotting and breaking as much laws he wants do not deserve to be in the power

The government, by showing a high level of restraint, at a huge cost to itself, has to date avoided the large scale bloodbath so desired by the Suthepsta's.

Yingluck and her team are to be commended for how they have handled the coup attempt thus far, their thoughtful actions have saved countless lives of Thai citizens.

This time around it is a controlled, planned ramping up of opposition to the ruling classes attempt to steal power for the third time in less than a decade.

Letting Suthep run lose in the streets of Bangkok like a headless chook was but one of many unpalatable events they've reluctantly allowed whilst remaining focussed on the ultimate goal saving democracy in this land.

In their handling of the events of the last 4 months, this is a Grade A+ government.

You have failed like the government.

You FORGOT to mention the rice corruption, and charges pending, Grade A verdict I hope.--No restraint squandering the trillion+

You FORGOT to mention the rice corruption, and charges pending, Grade A verdict I hope.--No restraint squandering the trillion+

Good Evening Ginjag,

Any progress with that list of Democrat wrongdoings, crimes and corruption?

Or still avoiding it are we?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most of the democratic nation's outside Thailand are amazed that this criminal suthep can violate voting laws with impunity , why are there any election's in Thailand if the loser can keep changing the rule's , if the corrupt court's wont stop this madness then some one should invalidate the court's and install a court that believes in democracy and the rule of law , this Suthep gang is making Thailand look really bad like a banana republic its sad to see and what of the economy ? this Suthep is a criminal and should be treated as such , my prayers are for the good honest people of the land of smile's .

Another badly written rant without any proven facts. Here we are ranting on about Suthep being a criminal whilst ignoring the criminal fugitive on the run in Dubai. What evidence is that the Court is corrupt? Only corrupt when they decide against Thaksin, not corrupt when they favour him? Why do you call it 'corrupt court's'? Why do you use an apostrophe every time you type a plural?

If one would really do his or her research one would see that Taksin was the victim of a coup . Taksin was responsible for setting up a Health care program nationwide , also small bissness loan's to poor farmer's , also 1 tambon one product , also the program and slogan amazing Thailand helping the tourist industry . he also started the student loan program . Taksin is surely not a criminal , Suthep has been charged in the 2010 murder's of score's of protester's that alone would make him a vicious criminal in my humble opinion . and lets not forget Suthep's violation of voting right's law's . as for my writing skills , you understand what I write that's good enough for me .

Get off the high horse.

Why did you use a lowercase "i" to write your username?

Why have you a double space between written and rant?

What evidence is that the court…poor grammar!

Only corrupt when they… poor grammar!

There's rules about correcting others for things such as spelling, mainly because it's a petty and pathetic waste of time to do it.

Most people ignore minor errors, enjoy the debate and get on with life.

On this forum comprehension of a post is all that really counts and in that respect searcherkind666 has done just fine.

• Like 2

The cul-de-sac that has now emerged was inevitable. This is the " wall ", so to speak - the point by which all political participants have found themselves. It has been formed through a complete and utter lack of trust - on all sides. It is for want of a better phrase - a Mexican standoff. No one dares stand down, because they fear that the other side will take advantage. This is how each of the participants likely view this moment :

Thaksin : He wants an election to take place, so that he can perpetuate his influence and power, and to reap the spoils of corruption for himself, his family, and his henchmen. He isn't interested in any reform that will limit or take away his power to control the political landscape. His idea of reform - once a proxy government is established - will be to return to Thailand exonerated of all charges, and for over one billion dollars U.S. to be returned to him. This will of course mean another amnesty bill and other changes to the charter. Why do we know that this is what Thaksin wants to do ? Because that has been what be has been trying to do all along. But Thaksin has a dilemma. He wants an election, but he cannot secure a quorum without the Democratic party's participation. This is something for which Thaksin has no idea how to solve. For many, this is the ultimate poetic irony.

Suthep : He knows what Thaksin wants. He operates under no illusions regarding Thaksin. He wants reform that takes Thaksin' s influence completely out of the equation, and he wants to reform the system so that corruption on the scale reached in recent years never is allowed to happen again. He is committed to this belief. He believes that an election will only break the cycle of Thaksin's influence if it is preceded by a period of reform that will make it impossible for a man of means to subvert the political system ever again. He privately knows that he will not be able to bring about a period of reform himself. He is counting on the courts to proceed, and he is counting on the army. Suthep does not see himself as the endgame. He sees himself as an enabler of reform.

Abhisit : He is similarly convinced of Thaksin's ever-increasing threat to overwhelm the political system and to the rule of law. He has been privately disgusted by the unilateral motions and actions of Thaksin's greed, and he is convinced also that an election without reforms in place will simply perpetuate Thaksin's stifling grip on the system. He privately thinks Suthep is way over the top, but he keeps that largely to himself. He prefers a middle road, but is increasingly convinced that Thaksin does not. He doesn't want to see another election blocked at the polling booths. But he fervently hopes the EC will conclude as they had before - that an election will not ease the tensions of the country without a period of reform. It is Abhisit's hope that cooler heads will prevail, but he has put his greatest hope and faith in the judicial system and is confident that that will continue to squeeze Thaksin's interests out. He also is aware of the presence of the army.

Jatuporn, Ko Tee, Thida, Nuttawut and the UDD : They want Thaksin's influence in permanently, and are prepared to take combat to the streets. They believe in their numbers and they believe in their influence over them. They do not believe in homogeneity. They believe in uniformity.They bristle at opposing views, and regard them as poison. They want the independent agencies out, and they want to appoint judges that will concur with their desires.

The question everyone has been asking - politicians, academics, laypersons - is the same. Is it truly possible for any consensus to be forged between all these participants ? And the honest answer is no - there isn't. And that's why we have a Mexican standoff. What we have right now, however, is an administration that has so legislative power. What we have right now is an administration that is being encircled with legal challenges and imminent impeachment proceedings. As long as the constitutional process - through the rule of law - continues unabated, the options Thaksin has will become less and less. The wild card of course is the army. The army will only be activated under certain conditions. The UDD running riot and going after the independent agencies would certainly do it. But given the present dynamics, it will not by itself heal these wildly incongruent divisions. The army does not want a coup, but they are prepared to impose martial law temporarily if the judicial system is perceived to be threatened. The army hopes - more than anyone - that cooler heads will prevail - and privately thinks that reform should precede a national election.

100% Bangkok elite Propaganda

Reform what exactly . . . . . everyone's understanding of WHAT democracy is ?. . . . . . everyone's understanding of what "one man - one vote and respect my vote mean ?

It's ALWAYS entertaining when a gaggle of expats opine on the deep politics of their host country.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

Give him a break Donnie, he's posting propaganda yes, but at least he's started using paragraphs!

I'm gettin' "native" cut/paste PhD . . . . Polly Sigh, maibeh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This whole farce is about getting rid of the "Thaksin Clan" influence in Thailand, before a certain event; about which we cannot speak; takes place.

Suthep can only get away with acting as he does because he has very "high" top cover.

The Army won't act because most of the squaddies (red conscripts) cannot be relied on to follow orders against their kith and kin.

What is the solution, a Civil War I am afraid, Roundheads and Cavliers and the French Revolution come to mind.

• Like 1

It was suthep who did start the protests, who blocked roads and shut down hole city

If someone do something ilegal has to receive all punishment from the authorities with no exeption, this is democracy too, make respect the laws

the actual govt with its so peaceful and passive attitude is making more enemies everyday and contributing to radicalize much more both parts.

And everybody knows where this road ends, it´s a very ugly end, dramatic

To save democracy the first thing it has to be done is defend it, and don´t allow the first moron who pass to change what he does not like if were the special one

• Like 1

Secretary-General of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Suthep Thaugsuban has declared that the group will continue to prevent the general election from happening, reiterating that reform must come first.

He's right. Reform must come before an election. The Dems need to reform into an electable moderate party that represents all working Thais. But since they can't be bothered doing that, the elections should go ahead anyway and it is their own tough luck that they refused to rebrand their policies to appeal to more people.

Elections should keep rolling on unopposed until somebody has that lightbulb-moment where they decide to actually offer a political party with a menu that people actually find appealing. Elections are not the problem - and that is why blocking them is totally wrong. The problem is that the main parties are not offering any clear incentives for the common working person to vote for them with any sense of purpose.

And here is the correct answer! Unfortunately though the dems won't do this. They will wait until they are shoe horned into power and then this whole mess can start over AGAIN!

Both sides have the chance to step back, reform themselves, come to the table with working and transparent policies and go on to win a fair election. Their masters don't want that though. Absolute power, by any means or cost necessary.

I absolutely agree with both of these posts. There was a real opportunity for the dems to reform and reach out to a voting block that has been mostly out of reach. Instead they chose to continue the running around the same cycle
  • Like 2

Good Evening Ginjag,

Any progress with that list of Democrat wrongdoings, crimes and corruption?

Or still avoiding it are we?

Sorry but they are not the government being brought down because of money missing and defying the courts.

If they were the ones in question that were in power, I would wish for them to be appearing like your lovely lot. Shame really--but luckily with the courts being so biased against the PTP--( not forgetting the speaker is in deep trouble) the Dems do not have to worry.

Funny isn't it that all the courts and commissions etc are biased, and PTP are so CLEAN. Reality check needed--------morning to you.thumbsup.gif

Secretary-General of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Suthep Thaugsuban has declared that the group will continue to prevent the general election from happening, reiterating that reform must come first.

He's right. Reform must come before an election. The Dems need to reform into an electable moderate party that represents all working Thais. But since they can't be bothered doing that, the elections should go ahead anyway and it is their own tough luck that they refused to rebrand their policies to appeal to more people.

Elections should keep rolling on unopposed until somebody has that lightbulb-moment where they decide to actually offer a political party with a menu that people actually find appealing. Elections are not the problem - and that is why blocking them is totally wrong. The problem is that the main parties are not offering any clear incentives for the common working person to vote for them with any sense of purpose.

And here is the correct answer! Unfortunately though the dems won't do this. They will wait until they are shoe horned into power and then this whole mess can start over AGAIN!

Both sides have the chance to step back, reform themselves, come to the table with working and transparent policies and go on to win a fair election. Their masters don't want that though. Absolute power, by any means or cost necessary.

I absolutely agree with both of these posts. There was a real opportunity for the dems to reform and reach out to a voting block that has been mostly out of reach. Instead they chose to continue the running around the same cycle

Just waiting for the courts to clear some deadwood, easier that way, not so much debris around the booths.

As much as we all hate it, this week will again be a repeat of all the nonsense inconvenience and blocked traffic we have seen in the past.

Suthep is the lightening rod for reform. You might hate the guy, but because no one else has stepped up, and Yingluck and her stupid brother are still in power, the Thai people have no choice.

Suthep is a national hero for the anti-government protests by default.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It was suthep who did start the protests, who blocked roads and shut down hole city

If someone do something ilegal has to receive all punishment from the authorities with no exeption, this is democracy too, make respect the laws

the actual govt with its so peaceful and passive attitude is making more enemies everyday and contributing to radicalize much more both parts.

And everybody knows where this road ends, it´s a very ugly end, dramatic

To save democracy the first thing it has to be done is defend it, and don´t allow the first moron who pass to change what he does not like if were the special one

The forces against the government, though numerically small, are very powerful and very determined.

They have twice already got the better of the government and had them thrown out on the streets.

The PTP and its supporters have to be very careful and very precise in how they defend democracy.

So far, so good. They have timed their ramp up to perfection.

This time around they have a couple of things in their favour they haven't had before, knowledge and experience garnered from the last 2 coups and a level headed female in charge instead of a hotheaded male.

The impeachment of Yingluck is the go button.

Be patient, the defence of democracy is about to begin in earnest.

"The PTP and its supporters have to be very careful and very precise in how they defend democracy."

You win, the joke of the century!

As much as we all hate it, this week will again be a repeat of all the nonsense inconvenience and blocked traffic we have seen in the past.

Suthep is the lightening rod for reform. You might hate the guy, but because no one else has stepped up, and Yingluck and her stupid brother are still in power, the Thai people have no choice.

Suthep is a national hero for the anti-government protests by default.

You really need to consider the possibility that the promised land of Suthep has been visited upon Thailand for years, and become unacceptable to the electorate who have advanced beyond a return to those dark days of feudalism and rural poverty

You are not foolish enough to think millions of people are consistently voting for the alternative offered because they are paid....or are you?

• Like 2