Months of Anger results in near-fatal attack at Pattaya Elephant Village

Rimmer

Months of Anger results in near-fatal attack at Pattaya Elephant Village

elephant-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday afternoon medics were called to the Pattaya Elephant Village to assist an Elephant Master who had been attacked by an 18 year old female elephant who appears to have had enough with the man’s drunken antics.

The bizarre incident resulted in serious injuries sustained to Khun Somjit aged 46, who had been attacked by the same elephant 2 months ago. The man is known to drink heavily and will often create a disturbance at the Village when he is intoxicated. Jenny the Elephant is known to dislike his antics and on Friday attacked him again.

This time 2 Australian Tourists were being taken around the village by Jenny who charged at Khun Somjit when she spotted the man, who was taking a day-off work and was apparently drunk.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/122435/months-of-anger-results-in-near-fatal-attack-at-pattaya-elephant-village/#sthash.SYdmI385.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-22

• Like 2

Lesson learned.

My dog wouldn't even come near me when I was home from the bar, back in the day.

And I didn't even torture him as a training tool.

Strange that, my rottie is the same, he is very well treated by me but when I'm drunk he doesn't like to come near me even though I'm not mean at him or anything even close.

Lesson learned.

My dog wouldn't even come near me when I was home from the bar, back in the day.

"Lesson learned."

Apparently not since this was the second time he received instruction with no change in behavior demonstrated.

• Like 2

"The bizarre incident resulted in serious injuries"

Nothing bizarre about it IMO. Some while ago the Missus had the tv on and there was a brief news flash about an elephant doing some damage to a wall and then trampling some autos. I wanted to see it again so went looking on that video search site. It was amazing the number of videos showing "tame" elephants rampaging. I'll never go near another elephant.

Good for the Elephant, next time the Moron might be a "squashed moron."

Of course. the Elephant will need to step on his mid-section. No point in stepping on his head....no brains to start with!

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 1

Lesson learned.

Strange that, my rottie is the same, he is very well treated by me but when I'm drunk he doesn't like to come near me even though I'm not mean at him or anything even close.

Your dog is telling you something you should listen to.

As the old saying goes: an Elephant never forgets!

Yes, a lot of people have hit the nail on the head...

But an elephant can not talk so we probably will nether know what that guy did.

Sadly, is it safe to trust that elephant near the public again, probably at best that elephant is going to be chained up for the rest of his life.

The people to blame here are this guys employers, if they knew the elephant got aggressive towards him particularly when he was drunk, the should have at least told him not to turn up drunk or fired him.

sad for the elephant, when his drunken boss arrives back from the hospital ,he will prob torture and shoot the elephant

Sad poster. It wasn't the elephants "boss" that was drunk and attacked.

As the old saying goes: an Elephant never forgets!

Yes, a lot of people have hit the nail on the head...

But an elephant can not talk so we probably will nether know what that guy did.

Sadly, is it safe to trust that elephant near the public again, probably at best that elephant is going to be chained up for the rest of his life.

The people to blame here are this guys employers, if they knew the elephant got aggressive towards him particularly when he was drunk, the should have at least told him not to turn up drunk or fired him.

Once in Phuket I parked my Motocycle across the road to admire the Elephants in their covered enclosure, the hired hand was cleaning out their soiled bedding,the Elephant wouldn't lift his leg,so he swung his shovel and connected with the Elephants knee joint,the Elephant let out the most horrendous muffled scream from deep in his throat.

Who can blame an animal for retaliating at a later date.Had I been in my own Country I would have done my best to see this man,got sacked.