Homemade bombs found in burnt car near PDRC site

webfact

Homemade bombs found in burnt car near PDRC site
By Digital Content

13954714743833-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, March 22 -- Three homemade bombs in gas cylinders were found in a burnt car, parked not far from the anti-government protest site at Chaeng Wattana.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) unit has inspected the completely burnt chassis of a Toyota car, bearing Nonthaburi registration plates, parked near Unicom Engineering company in Chaeng Wattana Soi 13, not far from the protest site of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

The authorities were informed of a car that had been burning since 6am. The EOD searched the car after the fire was extinguished and found three gas cylinders in the vehicle, two in the passenger seat while another one in the trunk. All had circuits connected by electrical wires.

The EOD removed the gas cylinders from the car. They said the fire could have occurred from a cylinder in the car in which a home made bomb was built inside the cylinder.

They said the explosive devices were similar to the homemade bomb found at the Office of Attorney General on Ratchadapisek Road on March 17.

The police were checking records of the car to find the owner as well as CCTV camera footage for evidence. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-22

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I guess we'll only know who is behind it when the police investigation starts making progress.

Or doesn't.

The DSI will be onto it as soon as he finds the democrat that made it rain , the charge will be raining on the DSI paradecheesy.gif

thailand is becomming more & more scary

but TAT will despite announce a max number of new tourists?

who like to go visit a possible terrorist attack, because the country also have beaches en whooos?

Well I did have a reply to one of the posters but his comment must have been deleted and that binned my edited reply as well..

This is what you call a VBIED, a Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device, or "car bomb" it was rigged with explosives and there's no doubts as to the intentions..Given this find, and the one from yesterday with the mortar rounds, I'm going to offer up another scenario that you can feel free to dismiss, however I've got lots of experience in these types of devices.

These are common traits of Islamic extremist, and are the tools in which they carry out their attacks, this is very much the MO of their mindset. The mortar rounds found yesterday in my opinion, were going to be used as IED's, and not launched from a mortar, I already explained this in that thread, so not going to do it again.

The reds have never used such devices (VBIED) before, but the Islamic Insurgents down South have, many many many times, and everyone has taken their eye off the ball here, The reds I don't believe would risk going for "spectaculars" why would they? they know the Army would be all over them like a tramp on chips, it makes zero sense to do this.

The Islamist insurgency on the other hand has a LOT to gain over a country that's spiraling downwards, they can capitalise on the instability how ? By spreading fear among st the general population, targeting civilians means nothing to them, and why not sit and watch the fingers being pointed by the reds and yellows to each other, with a very possibility that this 3rd hand that so many people theorize over is indeed the Islamic Militants in the South, why could it not be possible that they're behind all the M-79 attacks as well?

I believe that too many people have taken their eye off the ball here and only see what they want to see, whilst forgetting that there's already an Islamic Jihad going on in the South, take a little bit of time out to open the mind and see that there could very well be merit in my hypothesis, everyone is too busy demonizing each other to have forgotten that there has been demons at work in the South for a considerably long time, with access to all the weaponry that has been used in recent weeks.

At present as soon as there's incident against the yellows, immediately the finger is pointed at the reds, simply because of their past actions, it's all c;ear cut and everyone's mind is set as to who carried out the deeds.. but just stop for a moment and think hmmmmmm isn't this all to easy? I mean who else could it be..without the thought ever crossing your mind that there's already a war ongoing in the South, with a different set of players indeed wink.png

yes, seems there are two sets of rules depending on who says what but I have been thinking the same thing for a while. It is a perfect time for those crettins to start a campaign in Bangkok and elsewhere, basic bombs are the most reds can usually do unless they have undergone training which is also a real possibility after what kotee has said and I would not put past him at all but the southern insurgents are also another possibility or the reds may well be setting it up to look like them. The only thing here is that the car caught fire, nothing exploded, this in itself is also strange to say the least but with the police we will never get the real facts, the bombs may have just been empty cylinders fo all we know or those that set fire to the car though they would blow up, go figure.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

We know that gas cylinders are normally, pressurized even when empty, throw an empty deodorant can on the fire and see what happens.

These failed to pop even under extreme heat, which would, in my mind indicate that they were only containers for the charge inside them, also had the explosives been made from AN/FO (Ammonia Nitrate/Fuel Oil) then the chances of the heat setting that off would have been much greater, and possibly detonating the device to a degree. 1KG of explosive is enough to destroy a car completely.

I'm also beginning to wonder if this vehicle was not due to perhaps head to collect these mortar rounds, and that the contents of the gas bottles were not the main explosives, but the initiator, and that the mortar rounds were the prime explosives to be used.

I've seen all of this before in Northern Ireland and in Iraq, it's not really the MO of the Red shirts, again not saying it's beyond them, but it IS the MO of Islamic Insurgents, and standard stuff to them.

Keep an open mind on this, and I'm not admonishing the complacency or complicity of the BIB here either, but there' s every chance they can't find these fockers as they're looking in the wrong places and wrong direction ;)

• Like 1

Good to see the fascists out blaming people with no evidence. And the PRDC have proven they they are peaceful & unarmed! Couldn't have been them!

Nice if you to mention this. At least if it was done by the PDRC we can be sure of a quick arrest and confession whereas if it was done by the UDD or PTP we may never know who planted it there.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Good to see the fascists out blaming people with no evidence. And the PRDC have proven they they are peaceful & unarmed! Couldn't have been them!

Only one poster above blaming the reds. So that gives you the right to call him/her a "fascist"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well I did have a reply to one of the posters but his comment must have been deleted and that binned my edited reply as well..

This is what you call a VBIED, a Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device, or "car bomb" it was rigged with explosives and there's no doubts as to the intentions..Given this find, and the one from yesterday with the mortar rounds, I'm going to offer up another scenario that you can feel free to dismiss, however I've got lots of experience in these types of devices.

These are common traits of Islamic extremist, and are the tools in which they carry out their attacks, this is very much the MO of their mindset. The mortar rounds found yesterday in my opinion, were going to be used as IED's, and not launched from a mortar, I already explained this in that thread, so not going to do it again.

The reds have never used such devices (VBIED) before, but the Islamic Insurgents down South have, many many many times, and everyone has taken their eye off the ball here, The reds I don't believe would risk going for "spectaculars" why would they? they know the Army would be all over them like a tramp on chips, it makes zero sense to do this.

The Islamist insurgency on the other hand has a LOT to gain over a country that's spiraling downwards, they can capitalise on the instability how ? By spreading fear among st the general population, targeting civilians means nothing to them, and why not sit and watch the fingers being pointed by the reds and yellows to each other, with a very possibility that this 3rd hand that so many people theorize over is indeed the Islamic Militants in the South, why could it not be possible that they're behind all the M-79 attacks as well?

I believe that too many people have taken their eye off the ball here and only see what they want to see, whilst forgetting that there's already an Islamic Jihad going on in the South, take a little bit of time out to open the mind and see that there could very well be merit in my hypothesis, everyone is too busy demonizing each other to have forgotten that there has been demons at work in the South for a considerably long time, with access to all the weaponry that has been used in recent weeks.

At present as soon as there's incident against the yellows, immediately the finger is pointed at the reds, simply because of their past actions, it's all c;ear cut and everyone's mind is set as to who carried out the deeds.. but just stop for a moment and think hmmmmmm isn't this all to easy? I mean who else could it be..without the thought ever crossing your mind that there's already a war ongoing in the South, with a different set of players indeed ;)

That's a scary scenario, with the war in the south spreading to the rest of Thailand. I'm no expert in these matters, but if it would be the South insurgents, wouldn't they target more "spectacular" sites?

• Like 1

At present as soon as there's incident against the yellows, immediately the finger is pointed at the reds, simply because of their past actions, it's all c;ear cut and everyone's mind is set as to who carried out the deeds.. but just stop for a moment and think hmmmmmm isn't this all to easy? I mean who else could it be..without the thought ever crossing your mind that there's already a war ongoing in the South, with a different set of players indeed wink.png

That's a scary scenario, with the war in the south spreading to the rest of Thailand. I'm no expert in these matters, but if it would be the South insurgents, wouldn't they target more "spectacular" sites?

"I'm no expert in these matters, but if it would be the South insurgents, wouldn't they target more "spectacular" sites?"

Good point to bring up... but perhaps that's the best scenario for them. Cause the highest amount of conflict between the other two factions. To wit: let them destroy each other and we'll sit back and watch. Targeting very high profile targets would just bring in the military sooner and keep a government in power perhaps longer than they like. One could go crazy speculating on the "what if's" of your post, but one can do little else but speculate here. The truth is seldom told.

• Like 1

You're starting to get a possible bigger picture guys, and I appreciate that you're opening your minds a little bit more too.

Why go for the spectacular, when their aim might only be diversionary tactics, and put the heat elsewhere.? If the Army had to send troops to combat the reds, where do you think the bulk of these troops would come from? Would you not think that it would be best to send troops already with counter-insurgency experience to quell a potential red insurgency? Which would leave a small void, or worse, send inexperienced troops to replace the ones currently engaged in the South?

It's called exploiting the battlefield , as well preparing it..

For those of you with siblings who used to fight like cat and dog all the time, when it was time for the old man to dish out the punishment, how many times did you blame them for your wrong doings? And they got the thrashing, and you sat back and lapped it all up ;) and yeah, the revenge beatings from the siblings were a hazard of being "smarter" than they were, especially when the punishment from your folks was a lot worse!!

This is a scenario that can be underway right now, and the Southern Islamic Insurgents might think and believe they're the smart kid ;)

You're starting to get a possible bigger picture guys, and I appreciate that you're opening your minds a little bit more too.

Why go for the spectacular, when their aim might only be diversionary tactics, and put the heat elsewhere.? If the Army had to send troops to combat the reds, where do you think the bulk of these troops would come from? Would you not think that it would be best to send troops already with counter-insurgency experience to quell a potential red insurgency? Which would leave a small void, or worse, send inexperienced troops to replace the ones currently engaged in the South?

It's called exploiting the battlefield , as well preparing it..

For those of you with siblings who used to fight like cat and dog all the time, when it was time for the old man to dish out the punishment, how many times did you blame them for your wrong doings? And they got the thrashing, and you sat back and lapped it all up wink.png and yeah, the revenge beatings from the siblings were a hazard of being "smarter" than they were, especially when the punishment from your folks was a lot worse!!

This is a scenario that can be underway right now, and the Southern Islamic Insurgents might think and believe they're the smart kid wink.png

You read strange books don't you,this is Thailand not Afghanistan.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten about a Southern Insurgency involving Islamic extremists, soulbundy, Oh wait, can't be true, this is Thailand, not Afghanistan ohmy.png no such thing going on in the Land of Smiles?

There's a few other little bits and pieces I'm researching right now, based on maybe nothing, however there could very well be dots to connect if you've got an open mind and know a little bit about how things have been done in other countries..by certain groups in the past.

Edited by Fat Haggis

You seem to have conveniently forgotten about a Southern Insurgency involving Islamic extremists, soulbundy, Oh wait, can't be true, this is Thailand, not Afghanistan ohmy.png no such thing going on in the Land of Smiles?

There's a few other little bits and pieces I'm researching right now, based on maybe nothing, however there could very well be dots to connect if you've got an open mind and know a little bit about how things have been done in other countries..by certain groups in the past.

I'd get Scooby Doo on the case. A couple of gas cylinders doesn't make a jihad. Thailand is paranoiac enough as it is lets not increase it.

Slight correction: What's going on in the South isn't islamist extremism, but anti-colonial nationalism. The far south is a piece the old Sultanate of Pattani, formerly a vassal kingdom/colony of Siam populated by ethnic Malays speaking a Malaysian dialect. The Brits ate up the southern portion of Pattani, which then became part of Malaysia, the north integrated into the Thai state with ethnic Thais in administrative posts. The anti-colonial insurgency has been going on forever, but was tamped down by regional autonomy at some point. That autonomy was cancelled by Thaksin, who then moved aggressively with forced assimilation, sparking the current round of insurrection. Seems intractible... You'd think that if they were moving the battle to Bangkok they'd start making actual demands.

--S

• Like 1

I'd get Scooby Doo on the case. A couple of gas cylinders doesn't make a jihad. Thailand is paranoiac enough as it is lets not increase it.
In Islamist terms 10 years + 6000 deaths = Jihad. With the tempo increasing again in the south, and a political flux in other parts of the country, who's to say that terrorists aren't going to take advantage of this to expand their operation. The situation in the south is largely unknown to the rest of the world because Thailand prefers that they know little if anything of it. If it does spread the authorities won't be able to keep a lid on it.

In Islamist terms 10 years + 6000 deaths = Jihad. With the tempo increasing again in the south, and a political flux in other parts of the country, who's to say that terrorists aren't going to take advantage of this to expand their operation. The situation in the south is largely unknown to the rest of the world because Thailand prefers that they know little if anything of it. If it does spread the authorities won't be able to keep a lid on it.

Read post #25,its accurate with no conspiracy theories.

^ You're not familiar with the actual meaning of Jihad. To a Moslem it means 'struggle', nothing more, nothing less, no matter whether the objective is political or religious. The objective of the IRA was political and they didn't restrict their operations to Northern Ireland, and this is true of many other terrorist groups seeking partition. There is no reason why the Islamic terrorists in the south won't change tactics and expand their operations further afield, whether or not they are involved in this particular incident.

• Like 1

^ You're not familiar with the actual meaning of Jihad. To a Moslem it means 'struggle', nothing more, nothing less, no matter whether the objective is political or religious. The objective of the IRA was political and they didn't restrict their operations to Northern Ireland, and this is true of many other terrorist groups seeking partition. There is no reason why the Islamic terrorists in the south won't change tactics and expand their operations further afield, whether or not they are involved in this particular incident.

You are still just speculating like Fat Haggis,whats the point ? I'm sure the Thai authorities who after all this time are well versed in the various "possibilities" know what the truth is. You and Fat Haggis are like two people out in a storm and enjoying it,"Oh isn't this weather awful". "Yes and its bound to get worse soon". "An earthquake maybe". Oh yes that would be terrible".