Thai Immigration - Landing Cards

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the landing cards and passport control when entering Thailand. I am a British citizen planning on going to Thailand with mu partner long-term. I have been issued with a triple entry tourist visa to enter the country and whilst I am there, plan on joining a language school to obtain an ED visa to stay. I haven't quite figured out the WP side of things just yet, but am in no rush to do that.

Upon arrival to Bangkok of course I will need to fill in a landing card and wonder what I should put on the departure side of the card. I don't know when I am leaving the country. It will of course be within the 60 days I am allowed on each entry but am concerned they will question me. It will most likely be via Cambodia on a visa run, by bus, so would I use that on the departure card or could I leave it blank?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you :)

Thanks all.

Has anyone ever had problems, or been questioned at immigration about your intentions within Thailand.

I know that over here in the UK, if they realise that your intentions are not tourism (as stated on your visa) such as to find work or look for a school, they'll put you on the first plane home. My worst fear!

I never leave everything blank on the Departure card as have seen other pax do so, then get told by the Immigration officer to stand aside and fill it in, thus delaying things a small bit. No idea why some officers are this way....

Mac

I always leave departure blank and never a problem.

Ah, I'm guessing they have a habit of using their 30 day stamps for non-visa tourists.

That's great advice. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not just a problem with tourist visas. I'm on a retirement extension to a non-O multiple and when I returned thru' Swampy after Xmas was entitled to stay for a year. The guy was a bit flustered - luckily I spotted that and checked his stamp at the desk. Lo and behold 30 days only! Why he did that goodness knows as I saw he had eventually found my extension. He tried a quick bullshit, I got slightly angry, he checked again and was very apologetic.

Always check.

Ah, I'm guessing they have a habit of using their 30 day stamps for non-visa tourists.

That's great advice. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not just a problem with tourist visas. I'm on a retirement extension to a non-O multiple and when I returned thru' Swampy after Xmas was entitled to stay for a year. The guy was a bit flustered - luckily I spotted that and checked his stamp at the desk. Lo and behold 30 days only! Why he did that goodness knows as I saw he had eventually found my extension. He tried a quick bullshit, I got slightly angry, he checked again and was very apologetic.

Always check.

Did you write you re-entry permit number on the arrival card in the visa space. That is important as well as checking for the correct stamp.

• Like 1