Warning when buying a car

I will make this short and state nothing for the name of the company I had problem with.

(I was punishment for being abused from my last time-posting, and could not write post, this scared me so bad...
If I couldn't speak, think I can die..crying.gif )

...........................................................................................................................................................
I went to a car dealing company yesterday in Sukhumvit Road, BKK, spent time talking with the salesman about buying a car.

Asked when I can pick up the car, I interested to buy this model since last year, and the queue has been too long.
(Last time was other dealing company, that was in other province, not BKK.)

Salesman quoted for price as per stated in his company's document, but plus 30,000 baht which I had to pay seperately in cash.
I asked what is charged for, he said this is Queue-charges.

He confirmed every dealing company within BKK will charge every customer for this extra, no matter where or when.
and this payment is requested by the Car-brand company.

This looked like the charge for making Queue-cut, if I need the car in rush, I can pay "bribe".

I asked clearly for the 30,000 baht meaning from him, he didn't say about the queue-cutting at all.

Feel strange, so I called to other companies, result is the Salesman was lying.
This morning I called him, he insisted his words and didn't accept that he was about to cheat on.
I didn't ask to rush the car, I can wait.

This is Thailand, my country.. corruption everywhere ermm.gif
I can accept this practice, have to.. but I think I have the right to choose what I want to do.

Ok, what I want to say, please be careful when buying car here.unsure.png

• Like 1

Well YOU did mention the queue. he didn't?

I did mention I am not in rush.

I also asked clearly this is same like I ask to cut the queue or not,

He didn't answer me YES/NO, but said that every customer has to pay if we buy within Bangkok,

and this charge is asked from the production company, not the dealing company I went.

HE DID NOT MENTION AT ALL THAT THIS IS CHARGE FOR CUTTING THE SELLING QUEUE.

Liar, obviously.blink.png

I call to the manager for this, seem doesn't care.

I will find new car dealer, that's all.

• Like 1

50% of that was also farang tax.

Don't think too much about it. Just remember that Thais are morally superior to us and better people than us.

Farang tax is just a BS story.

Plus from the OP: "This is Thailand, my country.. corruption everywhere", and from his English, really sounds like the OP is Thai.

• Like 1

Don't think too much about it. Just remember that Thais are morally superior to us and better people than us.

Plus from the OP: "This is Thailand, my country.. corruption everywhere", and from his English, really sounds like the OP is Thai.

she is Thai. I have seen her in the past at TV Bangkok Windup, I mean Pissup. I am surprised with her looks, she didn't get to the front of the line.

(the previous text is merely inserted to help Ms Midori feel better about not getting the Thai price)

• Like 1

she is Thai. I have seen her in the past at TV Bangkok Windup, I mean Pissup. I am surprised with her looks, she didn't get to the front of the line.

(the previous text is merely inserted to help Ms Midori feel better about not getting the Thai price)

Thanks, apologies to the OP for switching gender.

Nope.

It's why it wasn't 60k. smile.png

so 50% of 30k was farang tax, levied on a Thai, which is why it was not 60k.

Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah, I think Dave kinda stepped in it.

• Like 1

Yes it is a practice to make "tea money", you get your ride and someone else is fobbed off with a delay story. Normal LOS corruption......bah.gif

I don't really put this in the category of corruption. If any product is in short supply and high demand, sellers will often seek a premium from buyers to get it or jump the line. She said the particular model was in high demand so hence the add in cost. It's really a demand/supply problem and the price of the car should be raised by the manufacturer to bring them back into balance.

Easy solution, however, just buy a different model.

Yes it is a practice to make "tea money", you get your ride and someone else is fobbed off with a delay story. Normal LOS corruption......bah.gif

I don't really put this in the category of corruption. If any product is in short supply and high demand, sellers will often seek a premium from buyers to get it or jump the line. She said the particular model was in high demand so hence the add in cost. It's really a demand/supply problem and the price of the car should be raised by the manufacturer to bring them back into balance.

It is corruption cos you are getting someone elses ride that they will NOW have to wait longer for.....................coffee1.gif

PS. Who's pocket does the money for a quick delivery go in...?

• Like 1

Yes, I am Thai woman... Is ok, no need for apologies... I stated none of gender.

You know what? When you foreigners complain that you were ripping off in Thailand because you are farangs.

Thai like me also got the same..

And you will have no idea how hard my life has been, because I also got this practice, similar

and later I got my farang husband complain to me, just like I am the one who did.sad.png Double punishments. not fun

Oh... C'est ma vie...

Problem is this premium money, I can understand... but I cannot know why the salesman didn't say it clearly.

And even I checked the truth with his collegues and his chief, he remained lying to me.

This salesman is stupid enough, just said it clear and this would be up to my decision if I would take. I

ts business, he must need profit.

Can you imagine? How about foreigners, some can misunderstand because might thought this is regulation here...

So here I come warning...

So what is the car you want to buy?

James, you are crazy, I have never gone to the Windup or Pissup that you mentioned!

I went to that evening in Landmark, and TV members there were nice, but youbiggrin.png

How have you been? Long time no see.. how is your boy? Must be really sweet same like his mother. ahaha...

Cheers, TLC

Yes, I am Thai woman... Is ok, no need for apologies... I stated none of gender.

You know what? When you foreigners complain that you were ripping off in Thailand because you are farangs.

Thai like me also got the same..

And you will have no idea how hard my life has been, because I also got this practice, similar

and later I got my farang husband complain to me, just like I am the one who did.sad.png Double punishments. not fun

Oh... C'est ma vie...

Problem is this premium money, I can understand... but I cannot know why the salesman didn't say it clearly.

And even I checked the truth with his collegues and his chief, he remained lying to me.

This salesman is stupid enough, just said it clear and this would be up to my decision if I would take. I

ts business, he must need profit.

Can you imagine? How about foreigners, some can misunderstand because might thought this is regulation here...

So here I come warning...

So what is the car you want to buy?

Wildtrak 3.2, chili orange...

My husband wants, not me.. ridiculous expensive..sad.png

James, you are crazy, I have never gone to the Windup or Pissup that you mentioned!

I went to that evening in Landmark, and TV members there were nice, but youbiggrin.png

How have you been? Long time no see.. how is your boy? Must be really sweet same like his mother. ahaha...

Cheers, TLC

I wasn't nice? sounds about right. Two boys now...

Now back on topic, let me guess this car you wanted to buy was one of the following.

Yaris

March

Swift

Juke

Am I getting warm?

Now back on topic, let me guess this car you wanted to buy was one of the following.

Yaris

March

Swift

Juke

Am I getting warm?

Don't think so, giggle.gif

• Like 1

Yaris

March

Swift

Juke

Am I getting warm?

guess I should read more and type less lol

only 30k for front of the line wt 3.2.... a year ago it was 100k. you are doing well.

buy and and advertise it immediately for 1.4 million on here and make some money, negotiated to 1.275 million. minus the 30k and you can profit 100k. do this 11 times and you will have your wt for free.

• Like 1

Yaris

March

Swift

Juke

Am I getting warm?

only 30k for front of the line wt 3.2.... a year ago it was 100k. you are doing well.

buy and and advertise it immediately for 1.4 million on here and make some money, negotiated to 1.275 million. minus the 30k and you can profit 100k. do this 11 times and you will have your wt for free.

James, I am sorry, never meant bad about you, I quite fond of you actually. You seems fun person (I mean a lot of humorous in your mind)

Two boys? Can I request for one more girl? must be really, really adorable...

and I can offer myself for being nanny only for the girl. Want myself, but cannot.

For your idea, is interesting.. but speak with my Terrible-47 yourself, I think he will like it!

And please take care of him, my life is already complicated enough.bah.gif

It is corruption cos you are getting someone elses ride that they will NOW have to wait longer for.....................coffee1.gif

Well, I just call it the market...if I'm selling something several people want, whoever pays me the most gets it.

Well, I just call it the market...if I'm selling something several people want, whoever pays me the most gets it.

Sorry, noooooooo. If you order a ride, pay your deposit, then the sales person should inform you........

" If some high so comes along and pays me money to get your ride l will take his money and you must wait........OK Mr. "

Yes/No .....?

Edited by transam

Yaris

March

Swift

Juke

Am I getting warm?

James, I am sorry, never meant bad about you, I quite fond of you actually. You seems fun person (I mean a lot of humorous in your mind)

Two boys? Can I request for one more girl? must be really, really adorable...

and I can offer myself for being nanny only for the girl. Want myself, but cannot.

For your idea, is interesting.. but speak with my Terrible-47 yourself, I think he will like it!

And please take care of him, my life is already complicated enough.bah.gif

would love to try and give you a girl but ...

anyways, get the truck and forget about the 30k!

• Like 1