The Skully Smart Helmet

It's probably a decent GPS unit- it's got Bluetooth, voice control, and music/phone synching. There's also the built-in Bluetooth headset, which is another ~$100-$150 purchased separately for a helmet-specific unit.

They know the scrutiny this helmet will receive- I'd be surprised if they cheaped-out on the components.

I wouldn't drop ~$1500 without some great reviews, though- no way I'd be first in line for it (if it was under $1000 I'd consider it, but not at the current price and untested level). Edited by RubberSideDown

i will wait for this Nuviz HUD single unit that can mount to any helmet:  http://www.ridenuviz.com/#intro

They say less than 500 USD.

Skully Helmet is a great idea and giving some real hints about the future of motorcycling and helmet technology. But, 1600 USD is expensive for me and my concern is, if you make an accident or drop the helmet accidentally, does the helmet or electronics inside are tough enough to handle these kind of abuse?

And, i am sure the price will go down over the years once this technology becomes mainstream not a luxury special item as of now. - especially once we start to see Chinese copieslaugh.png

• Like 1

i will wait for this Nuviz HUD single unit that can mount to any helmet:  http://www.ridenuviz.com/#intro

Skully Helmet is a great idea and giving some real hints about the future of motorcycling and helmet technology. But, 1600 USD is expensive for me and my concern is, if you make an accident or drop the helmet accidentally, does the helmet or electronics inside are tough enough to handle these kind of abuse?
And, i am sure the price will go down over the years once this technology becomes mainstream not a luxury special item as of now. - especially once we start to see Chinese copieslaugh.png

That's a good point. Another way to look at it is you change the helmets every so often but your GPS and camera probably last you decades? The standalone unit with all the electronics, that you can hook up to any helmet makes more sense.
  • Like 1

That's a good point. Another way to look at it is you change the helmets every so often but your GPS and camera probably last you decades? The standalone unit with all the electronics, that you can hook up to any helmet makes more sense.

Yes, it is a better idea for me too. Practical. especially fort riders owning multiple helmets

it is also a kickstarter business like Scully helmet but wait is too long and some backers have already get their monies back.

Now, they say release in this September but they have a delay around 6 months now all so hope to see it soon...

too many delays and no updates make me suspicious on these kind of kickstarter businesses.