Good agent in Phnom Penh for Thailand Tourist Visa

I noticed that the information in the 'recent' visa trip reports to Phnom Penh is three years old from 2011 so that's hopelessly out of date. There's no way I'm relying on information which is three years old considering things change so fast around here.

I plan to fly to Phom Penh on Sunday and I'd like to see if anyone can recommend a travel agent who does the visa service and airport pickup.

Please don't just tell me to go into any travel agent as this just won't work.

I'll arrive Sunday night after the travel agents have closed, I want the travel agent to pick me up from the airport and take me to my hotel and then process my visa application first thing on Monday morning while I'm still sleeping.

Does anyone have any more recent information than the 2011 entry in the 'Latest Reports Of Getting A Visa In The Region' thread.

I found a few old threads mentioning a Mr Keo from LMN Travel & Tours near the Paragon hotel and Friends Travel and Tours at 353 sisowatg blvd.

Any current information would be appreciated. I'll be staying there until Thursday or Friday but I need to confirm exactly how many days I will need to stay for the hotel booking and flight to make this happen.

Thanks !

Lucky Lucky Moto - 413E Monivong Boulevard. Used them for Viet and Laos visas. Great service - quick and cheap. Haven't used them for a Thai visa, but may be worth a chat with them if you're gonna be in PP anyway.

Regarding pickup etc, I'm not sure. If you don't have a hotel already, Jim at California 2 (sisowath quay) is friendly, knowledgable, and uses Lucky Luky Moto for his guests visa needs. I'm sure he'll arrange a pickup and have your application in first thing. Worth a mail, anyway - [email protected]

good luck

Edited by davo67
  • Like 1

i stay at the hometown hotel street 172 $15-18 /night, ask for 1st.2nd floor room as no lifts. great location.

Hometown Hotel <[email protected]>

take taxi to it $10, and she will give u forms to fill out and take to embassy next day.

1,2, 3 night service available at an extra $5/day, suggest u book till weds at least and make sure not a holiday and no demonstrations in town.

in fact many hotels offer this.

if u stay at jims place ask for an outside room with window. those without it are small and not worth the price.. lucky lucky is good as well but u would need drop ur passport off to them.

-ukrules-

Not only 3 year old INFO. rolleyes.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647029-tourist-visa-in-phnom-penh-easy-done/

I am OK with my old FLAMINGOS Hotel, you can contact them over the NET, but I think this time of year sure rooms.

Take a TUK TUK at the Airport, let you drive to the Hotel, tell the receptionist what you want with your Passport and Visa and it will be made.

Easy, no problem. So follow my advise.

Have a nice journey. smile.png

LM travel agent, next to Paddy Rice Pub on the riverside.

Speaks perfect English, knows all the Thai, Khmer holidays, best I ever used.

Just saw you mentioned him already whistling.gif (should read the whole post before replying really) anyway, still there, still the best, contact him I'm sure he can arrange what you need. Although I think you are over complicating things, he only needs the passport by 11.30 on Monday and the Thai embassy is back to processing in 2 days for and extra 10$ fee, you'll have your passport back by Wednesday.

Edited by firestar
  • Like 2

Just saw you mentioned him already whistling.gif (should read the whole post before replying really) anyway, still there, still the best, contact him I'm sure he can arrange what you need. Although I think you are over complicating things, he only needs the passport by 11.30 on Monday and the Thai embassy is back to processing in 2 days for and extra 10$ fee, you'll have your passport back by Wednesday.

Thanks everyone, this is good information.

I'm in Phnom Penh now and I woke up early so after breakfast I'll walk down to LM Travel and Tour and see if they can do me the express service.

I'm staying in a hotel on Street 136 which appears to be just a couple of minutes walk away.

I'll post a full update on this so others can also refer to it in future.

I went and dropped off my passport. Mr Keo was there at LMN Travel right next door to the large Paddy Rice Pub. He offered me a 1, 2 or 3 day service so I took the 1 day option - $60.

I should be able to collect my passport from him tomorrow evening. Assuming it's all ready I'll be back in Bangkok on Wednesday afternoon.

I'm in Phnom Penh now and I woke up early so after breakfast I'll walk down to LM Travel and Tour and see if they can do me the express service.

I'm staying in a hotel on Street 136 which appears to be just a couple of minutes walk away.

Good you didn't take the Flamingo Hotel advice...it's a real dive for down and outers. Mr. Keo is great and been using jim for years. The Lux Hotel around the corner in St. 136 is best value in town.

Good you didn't take the Flamingo Hotel advice...it's a real dive for down and outers. Mr. Keo is great and been using jim for years. The Lux Hotel around the corner in St. 136 is best value in town.

I usually stay at 'Riverside Suites' in Street 144 which is also just around the corner. It's not as cheap as the other options but it's a big room with a work desk, like a full studio apartment minus the kitchen.

I walked past the Lux hotel which is one street away from where I'm staying as there's a mini mart called 'Neils 24 hour mini mart' located there - it's a good place to stock up on bottles of water. Maybe I'll check out 'The Lux' next time I come here which won't be until 2015 now.

• 4 months later...

Lucky Lucky Moto - 413E Monivong Boulevard. Used them for Viet and Laos visas. Great service - quick and cheap. Haven't used them for a Thai visa, but may be worth a chat with them if you're gonna be in PP anyway.

Regarding pickup etc, I'm not sure. If you don't have a hotel already, Jim at California 2 (sisowath quay) is friendly, knowledgable, and uses Lucky Luky Moto for his guests visa needs. I'm sure he'll arrange a pickup and have your application in first thing. Worth a mail, anyway - [email protected]

good luck

I have also used Lucky Moto in the past, for a Vietnam Visa. There was no problem at all. They are not far from the tourist area, so you can get a tuktuk there yourself.

At first sight, it looks like a motorbike hire and sale shop, which it is, but don't let this worry you, they also arrange visas.

Their prices are reasonable and the turn around fast, but I would allow them extra time for a Thai visa, due to the visa crackdown.

I collected my tourist visa today (Tuesday) so a one day service is available in Phnom Penh from the guy with the travel agents right next door to Paddy Rice bar on the river front - Mr Keo.

Do you have a contact number for him.

Thanks,

I collected my tourist visa today (Tuesday) so a one day service is available in Phnom Penh from the guy with the travel agents right next door to Paddy Rice bar on the river front - Mr Keo.

Do you have a contact number for him.

Thanks,

I can't find the business card he gave me but I remember that I originally found a number for him by searching the web, try all of the numbers on this page - I think I had to try various numbers before I managed to track him down :

http://yp.com.kh/listings/kh20741-lmn-travel-tour

I think he only works business hours (like 8am-6pm) so it would be better to call him during the day - ask about the express service as well - he didn't mention this to me at the time so I had no idea it was available before I walked into his shop.

• 3 months later...

Bump

Is Phnom Penh good for tourist visas now? I have one tourist visa already and the extension is almost finished so I need to go somewhere. Was actually thinking about staying a week or so in Phnom Penh so as to not make it a straight up visa run, if that helps in getting a second tourist visa maybe?

Edited by Kaalle

Bump

Is Phnom Penh good for tourist visas now? I have one tourist visa already and the extension is almost finished so I need to go somewhere. Was actually thinking about staying a week or so in Phnom Penh so as to not make it a straight up visa run, if that helps in getting a second tourist visa maybe?

You don't need to stay a week unless you want. for the quickest turnaround you can go to Savannakhet Laos for a double entry torusit visa issued the same day.

I don't need quick turn around I just want to ensure I get a visa, these "crackdowns" and what not are making me a bit paranoid : )

Phnom Penh it is then, I will stay for a few days just so I have the time in case there are unforeseen delays at the embassy. Thank you for you replies.

• Like 1

Hi I am getting near the end of my exempt+extension period and am wondering about the best solution to get a tourist visa, multiple entry would be nice.

Is Savanaket the only place around here to get that?

Will I be able to get a tourist visa after staying here 60 days on an exemption/extension? (I was supposed to convert to marriage visa but that went south, don't ask lol)

What documents do I need? Money proof, etc?

Best travel advice to Savanket (or wherever) from Phuket?

Thanks in advance for any replies!wai2.gif

Hi I am getting near the end of my exempt+extension period and am wondering about the best solution to get a tourist visa, multiple entry would be nice.

Is Savanaket the only place around here to get that?

Will I be able to get a tourist visa after staying here 60 days on an exemption/extension? (I was supposed to convert to marriage visa but that went south, don't ask lol)

What documents do I need? Money proof, etc?

Best travel advice to Savanket (or wherever) from Phuket?

Thanks in advance for any replies!wai2.gif

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos.

Savannakhet is doing visas on the same day you apply.

Your exempt entry and extension will not be a problem for getting the visa.

You just need a copy of your passport photo page, application form and the 2000 baht fee for the visa.

There are several reports on the forum for both locations for info on getting there.

See: Latest Reports Of Getting A Visa In The Region

• 3 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't need quick turn around I just want to ensure I get a visa, these "crackdowns" and what not are making me a bit paranoid : )

Phnom Penh it is then, I will stay for a few days just so I have the time in case there are unforeseen delays at the embassy. Thank you for you replies.

I am considering flying to Phnom Penh as well to check it out, might even move there, but for now I want to get another TV and was wondering what your experience was like in PP to get your Thai TV?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am considering flying to Phnom Penh as well to check it out, might even move there, but for now I want to get another TV and was wondering what your experience was like in PP to get your Thai TV?

The info mention in this thread are still, more or less, valid.

Tourist Visa Single Entry, use agent,at least 2night stay.