How Is Your Thai?

ChrisB87

How is your Thai?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys/gals,

There have been many threads on this of course, but it is often hard to get a feel for how many people can speak well and how many can't, so i thought i would start a poll to make it clearer to see. I hope the options available reflect this.

I think tourists shouldn't participate. It is much more interesting to see how the expats are getting on. You can decide for yourself whether or not you are a tourist or an expat, but i would say if you haven't been here longer than a year, you probably shouldn't participate in the poll, but it's up to you of course smile.png

Thanks

I would love to learn but it just sounds so so complicated..

I am ''British'' and speak 'Fluent French'' as i learned that when i lived there.

But ''Thai'' , i know a few basic words, but as for the rest, its all so so confusing ??

anyway, thats my 2 cents worth, maybe one day..

On going battle, sometimes win, sometimes loose.

But each day I read, speak and listen a bit more.

Once you have a go, people are surprisingly encouaging I've found

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

"Can handle most situations"; reading and writing better than speaking better than listening. My Thai is sufficient for living in Thailand (look for accommodation, pay water and electricity, book hotel on phone, travel, food, tourism), but far from fluent.

spend 4 months every winter here, have done for the last 12 years so sort of expatish as we don't tend to to tourist things during these months, just living our life in thailand rather than the uk. your categories are not defined enough as you only mention reading and writing in the top fluent category. reading and writing now i can do this pretty well, then speech, then listening. took private lessons for the first time last winter, why why why i didn't do this years ago i'll never know, anyway no my thai improves quicker because of the lessons i've had, can make myself understood but when thai people reply thats another matter! blink.png