***URGENT*** I really need khao soi in BKK! No, really, I am desperate.

tookwan cottage

I am sure this has been asked before, but, please, if anyone knows of a place to buy decent khao soi in BKK, then I MUST know immediately. I was even considering traveling to Chiang Mai just to eat the dish again, which used to be my daily morning treat when I was living there.

But I now love BKK so much that I have resorted to the TV forum, of all things!

Please, please, if you can help, I will extend so much gratitude that you will be questioning your astrology sign.

Thank you in advance,

TC

Theres a Thai joke about this, they will point you to a moto-taxi .. facepalm.gif just ask someone to explain, its far beyond me.

With a sloppy pronounciation it (Khao Soi) might be understood as "Into the Soi", which is where a motorbike taxi might take you...

The very best place is down the road from Mayfair Suites Apartments on Yen Chit in Sathorn. The owner is from Chiang Mai, and it tends to get very busy at lunchtime. They do Khao Soi - and other Lanna style food.

http://goo.gl/maps/Pw71X

If you spent any time living in Chiang Mai - you DO NOT want the culinary disappointment of buying this in a food court or airport. I had the Don Mueang Airport concoction once - not recommended.

Edited by inasia
  • Like 1

I am glad someone else asked this as I didn't want to come off as a dork. I have been searching for years for good Khao Soi after my gf from Chiang Mai making it for me weekly for a few years and then eating it at several places around CM. It can be found but not very good. I found it once near the big Bangkok Bank building on Sathorn but can't remember where now. Cannot be found in Onnut or Prakanong.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Little soi off Sukhumvit directly opposite Thonglor. Just a few metres from Sukhumvit there's a handful of restaurants on the right, one of them does excellent Khao soi. Enjoy!

Soi 38 I believe, last shophouse on the right just before there's usually the Daniel Thaiger burger van on the left on the other side of the road.

I believe the food court at Emporium mall also has it, although I haven't been there in a year or so....

They still do it, turn left in the food court and it's about 3 stalls up.

I first tasted it in BKK and loved it, since I went to CM and to Khao Soi lam duan nothing even comes close here, I taught myself to cook it and can make a pretty good stab. I find the best way is to simmer the meat in the sauce for hours and hours so it really gets the flavour of the meat into the sauce.

Apparently there's a Khao soi lam duan at Rangsit but I'm not sure where.

S&P also has Khao Soi

Yes! Actually the restaurant Shokudo (from S&P) on Silom Road has the BEST khao soi I've had in Bangkok, just as good or even better than those I've had in CHiang Mai and CHiang Rai. Find it on the basement of the United Center Building. You will cry it's so good. And they have some other pretty good dishes as well.

Khao soi at Little Home & the restaurant that is attached to iberry which I forgot the name of right now-- sorry-- I know they have a location in La Villa Ari & Thonglor

I'm trying to ask my friend where she brought me to a street place it's around Klong Toey --- I don't know the address but if she ever replies to my message I will post here.

*edit: spelling

Edited by ihunnieibee

Fortune Mall, basement, not bad, Don Meung airport - quite good.

Is that Fortune mall Pra Ram 9? Sidenote: the best Food court Tom Yum I've ever had was there adjacent to Lotus.

Have had Khao Soi at basement food court below Robinson's at Asoke and it was good. Now that everyone goes to Terminal the Robinson's food court doesn't get heavy traffic which is nice.

btw - Most of the time avoid food courts (eg, Paragon - just too damn annoying) but the above are pleasant exceptions.

Wednesdays only - lunch, half way down Patpong - left hand side coming from Silom.

It's actually THURSDAYS ONLY, and the place is called Derby King. Amazing flavour and still so cheap. Been going for many many years, highly recommended!

• Like 1

I am khao soi lover too, the best khao soi I had was at Queen Sirikit Convention Center food court, abit spicy then usual though but still the best for me.

Someone already mention S & P, that was good too.