***URGENT*** I really need khao soi in BKK! No, really, I am desperate.

tookwan cottage

The very best place is down the road from Mayfair Suites Apartments on Yen Chit in Sathorn. The owner is from Chiang Mai, and it tends to get very busy at lunchtime. They do Khao Soi - and other Lanna style food.

http://goo.gl/maps/Pw71X

If you spent any time living in Chiang Mai - you DO NOT want the culinary disappointment of buying this in a food court or airport. I had the Don Mueang Airport concoction once - not recommended.

Thank you so much, as I live in Sathorn!!clap2.gif

And yes, I am very fussy with my khao soi—I would only visit the one venue in CM.

Edited by tookwan cottage

Wednesdays only - lunch, half way down Patpong - left hand side coming from Silom.

It's actually THURSDAYS ONLY, and the place is called Derby King. Amazing flavour and still so cheap. Been going for many many years, highly recommended!

Thank you kindly for the correction and the name of the venue.

Khao soi at Little Home & the restaurant that is attached to iberry which I forgot the name of right now-- sorry-- I know they have a location in La Villa Ari & Thonglor

I'm trying to ask my friend where she brought me to a street place it's around Klong Toey --- I don't know the address but if she ever replies to my message I will post here.

*edit: spelling

Would appreciate this. Thank you.

S&P also has Khao Soi

Yes! Actually the restaurant Shokudo (from S&P) on Silom Road has the BEST khao soi I've had in Bangkok, just as good or even better than those I've had in CHiang Mai and CHiang Rai. Find it on the basement of the United Center Building. You will cry it's so good. And they have some other pretty good dishes as well.

Okay, with a recommendation like that, I will have to give it a try. Thank you.