TOT 3G Plan.. roaming charges

BuffaloRescue

Hi

Im confused by the unlimited use Storm plans for 3g (post paid)

They were talking about extra payment for roaming charges. How does that work.. if you connect and you outside of TOT coverage it connects to another tower and you are suddenly hit by a large per minute/megabyte bill. I want to avoid that. Or is it extra payment on top of monthly payment to use "roaming" and if so, is the "roaming" unlimited usage?

Sorry.... no Thai skills here and i cant decode the infographics on TOT site using Google Translate.

Edited by BuffaloRescue

It is not only when you are out of coverage but also if the reception from TOT is worse than another carrier you can roam with.

Most of the phones have an option to deny data roaming. On Android phones you would have to enable data roaming, as a standard it is switched off. On Android 4.4.2 it is under settings -> more -> mobile networks -> data roaming. Make sure that this is not selected.

HTH

I don't think you have any 3G data roaming option as a TOT 3G customer. You can/may roam onto the AIS GSM900 network, primarily for voice, and you'll pay for that; 1.25 baht/min. Also, I assume you might roam onto their GSM900 EDGE/GPRS network, possibly, for low speed data and you'd have to pay for that 0.75 baht/MB. So do as forgetit suggests and disable data roaming.

AIS and TOT have had roaming agreements, but that is for AIS customers to roam onto TOT;s 2100 MHz 3G network. They were supposed to ink a huge deal, for 3G and WiFi, recently but that got shelved with all the boycott AIS activities by the PDRC.

It is not only when you are out of coverage but also if the reception from TOT is worse than another carrier you can roam with.

Most of the phones have an option to deny data roaming. On Android phones you would have to enable data roaming, as a standard it is switched off. On Android 4.4.2 it is under settings -> more -> mobile networks -> data roaming. Make sure that this is not selected.

HTH

What is the roaming cost