Want to buy Silver Bullion

people saying the US$ will collapse are right, its inevitable.

silver is used in medicine, its a 'smaller denomination' currency ... gold is over-rated

and when you say 'run away after the collapse' ... where to? the hills, will they exchange food for metal (after they have used their assessment services of ...umm ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physical silver gets bulky to store in any serious amount.

Check out www.goldmoney.com They have a good reputation in the business and I have used them for several years without any propblem. Although my core silver is for the long term, I sometimes almost use them as a bank for funds nop needed right away.

I'm only planing on a few thousand dollars not hundreds of thousands of Dollars

Just for when or if paper money becomes worthless

If paper money crashes Gold Silver etc should skyrocket

You only need a few thousand, not hundreds of thousands.

Buying premium is 3% over spot. Storage charges are not expensive - check out their website.

Yes that's fine but when the Shiite hits the Fan Governments shut banks, Gold mints and holding Vaults for storage of Precious Metals

and take what they want

But if you have stored away from those institutions you maybe a lot better off

You may remember Cyprus

I want to get into it for the long Hall

and for when the US $ Collapses I want to have some form of precious metal that will hold and or go up in value

"I want to get into it for the long Hall [sic]"

Any significant amount will be more of a ponderous and hefty haul.

It would also be helpful if there was a liquid market with reliable pricing where you stay. If you can't easily find a way to buy it in any significant amount, it's going to be equally difficult to sell it and a rather weighty investment (double entendre intended). Why not buy gold bullion? 1001 shops just about anywhere. Central pricing. Comparatively easy to carry about.

Silver is probably a better investment ( in comparative terms only), but if you insist on putting your money in silver do it in an active market using an ETF or something like SLW. I prefer physical to paper precious metals too, but if you're in Thailand physical silver isn't traded as easily as gold. I suppose you could load up on Chinese Pandas, but the auction market here is still rather illiquid.

And even there the Gold Pandas do better than silver.

Suradit makes a major point which is liquidity.

You know by now how difficult it is to buy bullion grade silver in Thailand so where will you sell it when the time comes?

You could check with Bangkok Assay if they buy back and at what price compared to spot. Then again, 1kg bars, I would much rather have 1oz coins but just not feasible to bring them into Thailand or to sell on later.

Gold is free of VAT in the UK, and I think the rest of the EU. Silver is taxed at 22% and thereabouts in the UK & EU. The easiest way is to buy silver in the US if you have someone trustworthy enough to hold it for you.

It all depends on the reason one is buying the gold or silver.

I suppose the liquidity would depend on who you were trading with. Most of the thais do not value silver but most westerners do.

However the potential for silver on the world market, prior to an all out collapse, is greater.

If you are saving to survive a shit hit the fan scenario where barter is the only option then guns, ammo, food and other essentials are best to have. Guns and ammo are not an option for most of us here in thailand so what is left?

Knowledge and skills are the only barter-able items that can not be taken away from us by those that have guns.

I personally would not trade my food, weapons or other essentials for gold or silver in a SH the F scenario.

look up the "gold for bread" videos about zimbabwe for an idea of what the collapse of the fiat currency has done. .1oz of gold for a loaf of bread but the only people that are selling bread are those that can get more. without a renewable supply no one would trade gold for bread.

The bags of bead silver is fine here....just buy from a reputable gold dealer. They usually scoop it from a 25kg sack. I have never had any issue selling back to them, very liquid and a tight spread usually.

That sounds good But

I went to the only place here in KK that seems to sell Silver in bead form but will melt into Bars

Their spread was about $10 oz about the spot price

So not so inviting

Yes that's fine but when the Shiite hits the Fan Governments shut banks, Gold mints and holding Vaults for storage of Precious Metals

and take what they want

You may remember Cyprus

The Cyprus banking system was one big money laundering operation.

and take what they want

You may remember Cyprus

Yes but the Big Banks still stole peoples money out of the Cyprus banks when Cyprus Failed

They got away with it then So they will do it again

and take what they want

You may remember Cyprus

Yes but the Big Banks still stole peoples money out of the Cyprus banks when Cyprus Failed

They got away with it then So they will do it again

No theft at all. You should understand what being a bank creditor means.

• 1 month later...

I was quoted today 22887 thb per Kg

That's about $21.95 US per oz

So its only dropped about 10% in one month since then. Well done.

Yes well I'm in for the long Haul a small drop like that doesn't worry me to much

So if anyone has any Silver here in Thailand they wish to sell please let me know

• 2 months later...

BANGKOK ASSAY OFFICE CO.,LTD.

Company Information

1230-1 -232 Charoen Krung Rd.

Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500 Thailand

+66-22347483

It's the only place to go. They will make bars for you.

It would be nice to be able to buy silver here but much easier to buy gold in divisions or multiples if 1 Baht.

For silver I would recommend goldmoney.com very reliable.

Yes I rang them a few Months ago they wanted a huge margin over the going rate plus a fee for making the Bar I have bought from Australian Bullion Outlet last night I will see how much Tax they charge here

When silver goes up it should be many times its value now so price you now really doesn't matter as much

Yes I rang them a few Months ago they wanted a huge margin over the going rate plus a fee for making the Bar I have bought from Australian Bullion Outlet last night I will see how much Tax they charge here

When silver goes up it should be many times its value now so price you now really doesn't matter as much

I never take physical deliver from Goldmoney as I'd have the same problem having to get it into the country. I agree with you on future prices though.

Let us know how you get on with import duty, etc.

Will do

I see its been posted should only be 3 or 4 days

I always take delivery

Governments will take gold and Silver from Mints Stores when the stuff hits the Fan

I heard during the depression they Governments bought peoples Gold and Silver at the going rate by force don't sell go to Jail

Then once they thought they had everyone's Gold Silver they devalued the $

So they Gold they had just bought went away up in value

And the money people got for there Gold Silver was worth a lot less

So What do we do We learn from this Because they have done before and will do it again

Same with Money in the Bank in Cyprus they took peoples money out the bank to pay the Banks debt (This was a test case)

You will find many countries have changed the "laws" to allow this to happen now

Edited by gazzasore

Will do

I see its been posted should only be 3 or 4 days

I always take delivery

Governments will take gold and Silver from Mints Stores when the <deleted> hits the Fan

I always hold physical gold but silver is a problem. Some 22% VAT in Europe or the ability to both get it into Thailand and then eventually sell when the time comes.

Edited by Bpuumike

Try the link below.

http://www.bullionvault.com/

How do you get on shipping it into Thailand? What about Tax and Vat etc

Apologies for not replying before now. I have been in the UK for the past nine weeks and have not really kept up with correspondence.

I have used BullionVault for quite a while and find using an online service extremely advantageous.

I only buy silver at this point but will be buying gold in the near future. There is no way I could personally store the quantity that I have stored in their Zurich vault.

Silver/gold can be bought and sold in seconds. Funds can be transferred to your nominated bank account in a couple of days.

Storage/insurance is extremely low cost, the spread is minimal.

Opening an account is quite painless, just the normal KYC procedure.

The US dollar will collapse in the near future, ie. five to ten years.

A very informative website link below for anyone with an interest in gold/silver and world finance.

http://hiddensecretsofmoney.com/

Ah yes

Mike Maloney, Great guy I've seen most of his Youtube Vids and Also Bix Weir www.RoadtoRoota.com

He is suggesting Silver could go as high as $100k an oz

Another very clever man has some different ideas to Mike and different ideas on the Corruption that going on behind the scenes

I beleave the Crash is sooner much much sooner maybe even this year

I ended up buying through Perth Bullion Company

I just bought as a guest didn't have to prove who I was and payed through Paypal

The Silver is on the way here I only bought a few oz's as a test to see what happens Reg Tax tea money etc

But I have come to realize I just want need this Silver now and the Extra cost wont really matter in the long run

Its on the way should be here in the next day or two

UbonOz

You have chosen to hold you Metals in a vault Hope you can sell it before the system shuts down and after the price sky rockets or if you cant the Gov doesn't steel it from you

I will keep you posted on the out come of what happens with the Silver I am importing

I also watch all Greg Hunters Vids here one with Bix Weir

Plus a few more https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bix+weir+

Tax is only applicable if silver is withdrawn from a vault.

Obviously, everybody's tax liabilty is different. I am a British and Australian citizen, but a non-resident of both countries, no tax liability in my case.

VAT sales tax and silver withdrawal

There is no Value Added sales tax (VAT) to pay unless you withdraw your silver from the vault. Silver withdrawal is available in whole 1,000-oz bars only. VAT is currently charged at 20% by HM Revenue & Customs.

Tax is only applicable if silver is withdrawn from a vault.

Obviously, everybody's tax liabilty is different. I am a British and Australian citizen, but a non-resident of both countries, no tax liability in my case.

VAT sales tax and silver withdrawal

There is no Value Added sales tax (VAT) to pay unless you withdraw your silver from the vault. Silver withdrawal is available in whole 1,000-oz bars only. VAT is currently charged at 20% by HM Revenue & Customs.

It means you have to pay 20-22% more if you want silver coins in the UK or Europe. At least there's no VAT on gold there but all purchases are reported to the gov in the UK.

Well it just turned up safe and sound today it had been in the post Office here since Saturday took about a week to arrive

AND clap2.gif NO Extra to pay

So was a worth while exercise

With the postage and paying a small premium was about $280 au about $260 us

So happy all in all

post-55492-0-68557000-1405490982_thumb.j

Edited by gazzasore

Well it just turned up safe and sound today it had been in the post Office here since Saturday took about a week to arrive

AND clap2.gif NO Extra to pay

So was a worth while exercise

With the postage and paying a small premium was about $280 au about $260 us

So happy all in all

Thanks for posting the info, that's good to know.