would you recommend relocating to Thailand to friends back home?

willyumiii

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand--------- HAS EVERYTHING ''EXCEPT TWO THINGS ''TO OFFER TO JOE WESTERNER ''

1 HONESTY

2 APPRECIATION !

WHAT THEY FORGET EVERY DAY IS THAT - ''WITHOUT US'' -----------THEY HAVE THIS HUGE PERCENTAGE --OF NOTHING !!!!!! IF SOMEBODY WAS LOOKING AFTER ME ALL OF LIFE , FOR FREE!!! ID BE ON MY KNEES WITH THANKS,!!!!! I CAN THINK OF 50 OTHER WESTERNERS LIVING THERE - THAT AGREE TO THESE WORDS - HANDS DOWN !

We didn't all marry prostitutes and / or peasants. Without me, my partner would do just fine.

In the pink ---my Friends didn't all marry prostitutes ---- yet the amount of ''non prostitutes '' is small by comparison to the rest - they don't have to be prostitutes yet they can ALL smell money like a bloodhound!!!! - bar none of them ! The obsession for money ( everybody else's MONEY ) just about covers the lot of them) I doubt we could - ever locate a greater obsession for money in even the worst of the western races---- by comparison to Thais!!

Thais devoid of the obsession for money in life! would barely account for like 10 in 4,000 of them - ive seen what appears as ''so called perfectly honest Thais'' arrive to Australia brought here by a well to do gent - 8 months later you find he is living in some old broken down wooden caravan on the dole - as sweet draws'' has scammed him for his lot -- house / finances car oh yes stories in paper speak no lies !!! --oh it happens!! do a bit of asking around the victims in this country ! you would need 8 gig of free space on a hard drive in your pc to write down all the horror stories of men cleaned out by ''Miss Thai ''

Prostitutes of body they all are not --but prostitutes of money))) - sad to say ---most suffer from the same disease !

FROM WHAT IVE SEEN IN EXTENSIVE TIMES SPENT IN THAILAND I THINK MAYBE 4 FROM 500 WOULD SURVIVE OK WITHOUT JOE WESTERNER !! BUT THE OTHER 496 - are on the scam trail / meal ticket wagon !

NOW THE MAN ABOVE CAN SEE THROUGH THE GLASS ))))))) WHAT I WANT TO KNOW--- IS WHEN IS SOMEBODY GOING TO CLEAN UP ALL THE SCAM ? - HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO LOSE THEIR LOT--------- BEFORE SOME BRAVE JOHNNY STANDS UP DEFIANT---- AND SAYS OK WE ARE GOING TO FIX THIS !

THE PLACE NEEDS A CLEANUP TOTALLY!

Never happen. You alien, your problem, we have your cash, get on with it, we no care...............coffee1.gif

The term "never" is hard to support in this context. Things do change, either due to internal or external forces.

Having another's cash is hardly a quarantee of prolonged and sustainable revenue. Not caring can prove to be short sighted and ineffective in improving one's plight in life.

I'm here to live in peace and to be a good person to those I meet. Hate and bigotry has no place in my heart my friend.

Well if benmart--- is a Thai my point is proven huh ''we no care we take your cash '' - there you have it guys--- admission of guilt !

Although i doubt he is Thai - they could never write that much in English without calling on muma to dig out the dictionary lol lol

FROM WHAT IVE SEEN IN EXTENSIVE TIMES SPENT IN THAILAND I THINK MAYBE 4 FROM 500 WOULD SURVIVE OK WITHOUT JOE WESTERNER !! BUT THE OTHER 496 - are on the scam trail / meal ticket wagon !

even if u're right about this, a man still has the choice to NOT start a love relationship with a thai female. i've been here many years and have never been scammed by a female, never paid 1 thb to a female, never been told about dead buffalo, etc... many thai women i know are obsessed with money but they all have thai men... the mentality of many thai women is not my cup of tea hence i will never start a love relationship with them. they live in a different world. i like it that way....

Thailand--------- HAS EVERYTHING ''EXCEPT TWO THINGS ''TO OFFER TO JOE WESTERNER ''

1 HONESTY

2 APPRECIATION !

WHAT THEY FORGET EVERY DAY IS THAT - ''WITHOUT US'' -----------THEY HAVE THIS HUGE PERCENTAGE --OF NOTHING !!!!!! IF SOMEBODY WAS LOOKING AFTER ME ALL OF LIFE , FOR FREE!!! ID BE ON MY KNEES WITH THANKS,!!!!! I CAN THINK OF 50 OTHER WESTERNERS LIVING THERE - THAT AGREE TO THESE WORDS - HANDS DOWN !

We didn't all marry prostitutes and / or peasants. Without me, my partner would do just fine.

In the pink ---my Friends didn't all marry prostitutes ---- yet the amount of ''non prostitutes '' is small by comparison to the rest - they don't have to be prostitutes yet they can ALL smell money like a bloodhound!!!! - bar none of them ! The obsession for money ( everybody else's MONEY ) just about covers the lot of them) I doubt we could - ever locate a greater obsession for money in even the worst of the western races---- by comparison to Thais!!

Thais devoid of the obsession for money in life! would barely account for like 10 in 4,000 of them - ive seen what appears as ''so called perfectly honest Thais'' arrive to Australia brought here by a well to do gent - 8 months later you find he is living in some old broken down wooden caravan on the dole - as sweet draws'' has scammed him for his lot -- house / finances car oh yes stories in paper speak no lies !!! --oh it happens!! do a bit of asking around the victims in this country ! you would need 8 gig of free space on a hard drive in your pc to write down all the horror stories of men cleaned out by ''Miss Thai ''

Prostitutes of body they all are not --but prostitutes of money))) - sad to say ---most suffer from the same disease !

OK, but I have to disagree that "they can all smell money". I can guarantee that my relationship with a Thai female has nothing to do with my financial status. I'm sure most women don't want to hook up with a guy that has no money at all but that's understandable.

My friend you miss the concept -- thailand if you believe the women their '' it is the land of tears / not smiles) - i mean go to a bar talk to Thai woman all you get is ''my family poor '' Thai man very bad-- beat woman - me not monies mum & family starve etc etc ive never heard a woman their in life, say 2 good words about a Thai man - so i can't say ive ever seen them en-masse with some greasy pimple head Thai guy waiting for them after work ! I do believe what ive been told there ---- Thai man no good - because ive heard it about 3500 times!

Yet ive never to life heard one speak good of a Thai man??? not in my time anyway --I do not believe there is any wonderful Thai men - and if they were all wonderful and had a dollar then the Thai women would not not want westerners !!!- would they ! simple maths really - actually Thai men hey))) i never seen so many ''bums in all my life '' its a haven of hobo's in respect to Thai men !

I have a mate their has owned a bar over 8 years ---------he told me that )) --- you ask me if any Thai men are good ?? oh turn it up --- he said ))) - you must believe in Unicorns !

He said if they are all lovely) then why do my 6 bar girls hang out the door and abuse them ! when they start up conversation !

They hate the living sight of them !

My friend you miss the concept -- thailand if you believe the women their '' it is the land of tears / not smiles) - i mean go to a bar talk to Thai woman all you get is ''my family poor '' Thai man very bad-- beat woman - me not monies mum & family starve etc etc ive never heard a woman their in life, say 2 good words about a Thai man - so i can't say ive ever seen them en-masse with some greasy pimple head Thai guy waiting for them after work ! I do believe what ive been told there ---- Thai man no good - because ive heard it about 3500 times!

Yet ive never to life heard one speak good of a Thai man??? not in my time anyway --I do not believe there is any wonderful Thai men - and if they were all wonderful and had a dollar then the Thai women would not not want westerners !!!- would they ! simple maths really - actually Thai men hey))) i never seen so many ''bums in all my life '' its a haven of hobo's in respect to Thai men !

I have a mate their has owned a bar over 8 years ---------he told me that )) --- you ask me if any Thai men are good ?? oh turn it up --- he said ))) - you must believe in Unicorns !

He said if they are all lovely) then why do my 6 bar girls hang out the door and abuse them ! when they start up conversation !

We are talking at cross purposes here. I'm not interested in what bar girls have to say about anything, I was referring to ordinary Thai females.

Out of interest, if you wanted to know what British men were like, would you head to Kings Cross to canvas the opinions of the local street walkers?

You made so much sense. No telling how many people you scared. Thank you.

If the person wants to witness how different a place can be from more mature societies in the west, yes

If the person wants cheap sex or companionship, yes

If the person wants to instantly raise his intelligence relative to the surrounding population, yes

otherwise, no

I am guessing that as far as the third reason you give, you are the exception that proves the rule.

You guess wrong, Bubba!

I love it here and suits me well. Have a comfortable life with some great relationships built here over past 6 years. My friends in the States are very jealous of me being here but they all have other family obligations to attend to so cannot join me. To some strangers, I tell them "DO NOT COME TO THAILAND" simply because do not wish more competition. Ha Ha

No, I wouldn't recommend it.

"Farangs" are always outsiders here

no matter how fluent, friendly, civilized, virtuous....

It is a very distrustful society that is

fixated on appearance and superficiality.

coffee1.gif

Depends on the friends. It takes a special kind of person yo live here. Someone who is willing to adapt and fit in, someone who realizes the west isn't right about everything, someone who is willing to change and willing to go along to get along.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i [not so] humbly beg to disagree. completing with a non-Thai wife soon 10 years in Thailand. our life in Thailand is very comfortable without "adapting" (but accepting certain circumstances which are beyond our control) and we definitely did not "fit in" nor are we willing to "fit in".

summary: we like Thailand. once in a while we bitch a bit, but smile and think "TIT".

Hilarious. You do the (trolling) dumb white trash very well. No joking, cheers to the script acting.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I can love it for a few months each year. Im retired with no dependents and a nice pension, but Im bored after a while there. Then i go back to my home country, play golf and enjoy friends and creature comforts. Then get bored and back to LOS for a different type entertainment

Since retiring, I've lived here for 5 years with regular visits to my home country to see my mature children and ex-wife, but now developing my next 5 year plan which may be similar to "danmarn's" schedule. I'd recommend my friends keep their options open with a backup plan.

Edited by losgrad

We are talking at cross purposes here. I'm not interested in what bar girls have to say about anything, I was referring to ordinary Thai females.

Out of interest, if you wanted to know what British men were like, would you head to Kings Cross to canvas the opinions of the local street walkers?

I think 'Kings Cross'' has been cleaned up, not sure where the street walkers have moved to, maybe back to ''Soho'' ???

If the person wants to witness how different a place can be from more mature societies in the west, yes

If the person wants cheap sex or companionship, yes

If the person wants to instantly raise his intelligence relative to the surrounding population, yes

otherwise, no

If somebody had to move here just to feel more intelligent I'd advise them to stay at home. Some of the posts I read on here certainly reassure me of my superior intelligence though. smile.png

Mature societies.......?

Cheap Sex?

Surrounding youself with lower intelligence to look good?

Sounds pretty pathetic....not anything close to what most of us come for.

A new adventure after a lifetime of a droll work environment.

A warmer climate.

Lower cost of living.

Companionship with like minded farangs

Perhaps a good relationship with a lady who don't weigh a ton and a half

Cheaper health care for those over sixty, who cannot get that at home.

A beach view....a few laughs with friends...something exotic to write home about

It can be positive.

" Perhaps a good relationship with a lady who don't weigh a ton and a half "

Take that out of the equation and 90% of farangs wouldn't stay here for more than a few months.

The other 10% are gay !!!

Change relationship with sex

The more i read threads on this forum, the more i realize how many expats hate the country they are in and the people in it. Must be quite a miserable life here.

Is it really that difficult to leave?

There are many many guys whose last bit of liquid capital was sunk into property in the wife's name and are barely scraping by from month to month on their government benefits.

They have to be grateful their Thai family doesn't toss them out as they wouldn't have any recourse.

The prospect of heading back to the unfriendly cold climate and depressing social atmosphere at "home" would be pretty grim for most, so they grit their teeth and put up with the lesser of two evils.

Just raising the airfare, and for many add the 20,000 overstay penalty on the way out is a major challenge if not impossible.

There but for the grace of dog go I. . .

Purely down to personality and finance. I can stay here because I have the financial means and left the comforts of my home and family at 17 years old to do things my way. It's not easy for everyone. That said, the gorgeous weather, the cost of living and all the wonderful things to see and experience here, make this a great place to live. Skype the internet help with keeping in touch with "missed" ones.

• Like 2

The fact is there are two very distinct components. There is Thailand itself with all its quirks and frustrations and plenty of advantages. Prior experience with a "non western" existence is a huge advantage.

And then there is your partner. Very often what makes people unhappy here is their choice of partner. To over simplify, it is typically a case of a substantial age gap coupled with a cultural divide. Often too wide to bridge. When these relationships fail often Thailand is blamed when realistically the union was always doomed.

So it is subjective. I am a career expat and I love Thailand. And my wife is a wonderful lady who I love very much.

Would I recommend my situation? Absolutely.