would you recommend relocating to Thailand to friends back home?

willyumiii

If you have been here long enough to have removed the rose colored glasses, would you still reccomend living in Thailand to friend from your home country?

Yes or no and why you feel that way please.

• Like 1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't, because if things go pear shaped (which they easily can for some here) they and their family might be pointing the finger at you. Besides I'd like to believe my friends are clever enough to make smart life decisions either way.

Sure!

Would be nice to have more young professional expats trying out life here, even if not forever.

Would be nice to see an interesting and diverse community mixing together.

Im sure the various cultures would find it interesting as well as interesting for local Thai too.

If the person wants to witness how different a place can be from more mature societies in the west, yes

If the person wants cheap sex or companionship, yes

If the person wants to instantly raise his intelligence relative to the surrounding population, yes

otherwise, no

If somebody had to move here just to feel more intelligent I'd advise them to stay at home. Some of the posts I read on here certainly reassure me of my superior intelligence though. smile.png

Edited by inthepink
  • Like 2

I would say ''YES', but it all depends on the type of person...

Some of my friends, would love it, some would not survive..

Thailand works for me, but i am easy pleased, and have a simple but nice life,something that i could not back in the UK...

For me i have 5 star luxury, for 1 star price...

But i have assets in the UK that keep me going and will keep me going in years to come..

• Like 2

No.

Why not ?

Because since I have been here I have witnessed a lot of crap.

The topic title question states "recommend", so no l would not, but that doesn't mean l would tell anyone not to come here. smile.png

Up to you...safest way of defense....i concur.

Are you willing to share some of the crap ?

No.

Why not ?

Because since I have been here I have witnessed a lot of crap.

The topic title question states "recommend", so no l would not, but that doesn't mean l would tell anyone not to come here. smile.png

Up to you...safest way of defense....i concur.

Are you willing to share some of the crap ?

No, just in case folk are members here.....whistling.gif ..........smile.png

No not really. They would miss the high quality lifestyle as we have in Europe. No money can buy that in Thailand. After all you want a safe place for your kids/family which Thailand is sure not. Also the bad manners of every Thai would annoy them to much and of course the language barrier. If you don't speak thai then sure that is a problem.

There are much better places with same climate as Thailand. Much safer, much better food, much more things to do, much easyier to get a job or buy land. As a westerner in Thailand you will always be a stranger.

You can go to the places where all foreigners clan together, become an acoholic and drink all day but that's not what i prefer.