TA200 problem

hannz

Hi

I got a problem with my trusty ta200. recently my throttle when turned powers the bike with a little hiccup. The feeling is like times when it runs out of fuel, that lack of fuel stuttering feeling, but not so pronounced. It only hiccups about once to twice with every twist.

It idles well and starts without a problem.

Is this a symptom of a dirty carb problem, choked fuel line? the carb I am using is a keihin like in the link picture.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/617280-ta200-carb-tuning/

many thanks in advance.

The carb is certainly a good place to start and it is quite easy to do on a Phantom, but include cleaning the whole fuel system like the petcock filter. In fact begin with the petcock filter, which is even easier when you take the tank off.

But before you touch anything, if this is only recent it could be dirty/faulty fuel.

Also, take the spark plug out, check that, unlikely but easy to do?

Edited by AllanB

thanks for your reply,

yes, this happened just after a fuel up. I was turning my fuel to reserve, ( something I have never done before) It could be caused by that, maybe some debris got into the carb or fuel line from the tank. my spark plus is about 500 km old but I have others that I can use.

I just googled how a petcock filter look like. Can I replace the filter or must it be cleaned only?

Just take it out and clean it, in fact I would clean the tank out too, through the petcock hole in the tank.

I am trying to find a clear, in-line fuel filter for my bike, so I can see the problem before it occurs and also remove the small petcock filter from the line, as it blocks so easily.

You can download a manual if you Google, if not I have a copy somewhere, if you PM me.

Edited by AllanB