FIlming video on motorcycle

1BADDAT

I have a CBR500 and I would like to take video while I am riding. The handlebars are clamp-on so there is not a very good place to mount a camera or phone. I looked at go-pro's and they have a number of mounts that can be mounted almost anywhere but they are quite expensive here. I would like to be able to mount my Samsung galaxy S3 or Iphone 5s so I do not have to buy another camera. Does annyone make such a mount to purchase here in Thailand. Any other economical solution that anyone has tried? Would a dash cam work?

my action camera did not fit anywhere on cbr500r so i put it on my helmet.

a phone camera and chinese cams they sell at Lazada has no steady shot so with vibration etc, it will be a not so nice video.

Keep in mind the rain, splashes etc as well.

I just got a quote yesterday from GPS4you for a RAM mount system to use my iphone as GPS … 2500B (delivered) for a RAM mount system ( small arm / x-grip mount / stem adaptor )

GPS4you have a few branches, MBK, fortune, etc. RAM have a good site where you can see each individual part.

Check RAM mount on youtube, theres lots of instal & demo vids.

tbh, if i wanted a traffic cam, I would go with a helmet mounted job. No vibration, greater field of view.

Mount your camera on your helmet - anywhere else you get vibrations. Editing software the take out the shakes do not work as advertised...

My first 5 day trip took 14 GB of footage and took 7 days to edit. I've gotten better at reducing the amount i record and faster at the editing process to boot - now i ride more than i edit!

I have a Contour HD - I liked the laser alignment function... Now they are chapter 11 and I am without support... oh well.

have fun.

Sent - how is not that important...

• Like 1

my action camera did not fit anywhere on cbr500r so i put it on my helmet.

a phone camera and chinese cams they sell at Lazada has no steady shot so with vibration etc, it will be a not so nice video.

Keep in mind the rain, splashes etc as well.

Yeah you get what you pay for and I've no doubt that the GoPro or similar would be better but I just fancied taking a few videos riding around BKK and so far it seems pretty good for that - not much vibration when mounted on the bars and hopefully even less if I mount it on the helmet.

I just bought it to see how I got on, for 1900 baht it's a cool little gadget but if I find I'm using it a lot then I might upgrade when I'm back home for a couple of weeks in the summer.

i dont like go pro - i dont know why? no reason actually!.

So i bought Sont HDR-AS30V at the last track day- they opened a stand - for 9000 thb something if i dont remember wrong with a bonus 32 gb mem card and extra battery. it is way cheaper than go prp and offer better specs and steady shot so no need for any video editing program for shakes or vibration.

i can also take good photos and has an exmor censor for better quality.

it has wifi - which means you can connect it to any smartphone and use the smartphone as a view finder and can transfer the videos right away to see. a good feature. gps helps to keep the track on record and shows you your gps speed and route combined with video.

its cover comes for free with two installing points

I placed the mount point on my helmet permanently and you just slide and lock it there once you need it.

but the bad thing is at 1080 p, a 10 minute high quality and higher frame rate video takes like 5-6 gigabytes so hard to upload it even hard to burn them on dvds.

It has other accessories such as wrist watch like viewer and other ways of mounting points.

It is also more aerodynamic and can record sound even when it is enclosed in its waterproof cover. it is also very small and compact.

but i am really happy with it and can recommend it over go pro.

As go pro i am not sure where the parts are coming from but a sony is sony at the end.

http://store.sony.com/compact-pov-action-cam-zid27-HDRAS30V/B/cat-27-catid-All-Action-Cam

post-184955-0-44259200-1395826712_thumb.

post-184955-0-82984100-1395826713_thumb.

post-184955-0-81733700-1395826714_thumb.

post-184955-0-73867300-1395826715_thumb.

Edited by ll2

• 1 month later...

i dont like go pro - i dont know why? no reason actually!.

So i bought Sont HDR-AS30V at the last track day- they opened a stand - for 9000 thb something if i dont remember wrong with a bonus 32 gb mem card and extra battery. it is way cheaper than go prp and offer better specs and steady shot so no need for any video editing program for shakes or vibration.

i can also take good photos and has an exmor censor for better quality.

it has wifi - which means you can connect it to any smartphone and use the smartphone as a view finder and can transfer the videos right away to see. a good feature. gps helps to keep the track on record and shows you your gps speed and route combined with video.

its cover comes for free with two installing points

I placed the mount point on my helmet permanently and you just slide and lock it there once you need it.

but the bad thing is at 1080 p, a 10 minute high quality and higher frame rate video takes like 5-6 gigabytes so hard to upload it even hard to burn them on dvds.

It has other accessories such as wrist watch like viewer and other ways of mounting points.

It is also more aerodynamic and can record sound even when it is enclosed in its waterproof cover. it is also very small and compact.

but i am really happy with it and can recommend it over go pro.

As go pro i am not sure where the parts are coming from but a sony is sony at the end.

http://store.sony.com/compact-pov-action-cam-zid27-HDRAS30V/B/cat-27-catid-All-Action-Cam

I admit I didn't really like GoPro either because it seemed too mainstream for me, but I ended up buying one when I was in the US earlier this month. The main advantage I have found with the GoPro is that is very versatile and has a waterproof case. You can get mounts to put it anywhere. Also I found while vacationing in Krabi for Songkran that it work well for filming on the boat and snorkeling. The videos turned out great.

I also used it to film Songkran in Pattaya when I got back. Pretty interesting to see people's reactions when they realize there is a camera on the bike. Got some great footage,

Drift ghost hd is the way to go,have one coming next week

which model did you get and how much do they cost ?

why is it better than a go-pro ?

im considering a bike cam but i dont know want the hassle of always trying to prevent people

stealing it because i use my bikes for everything and it wud be a major hassle to have to take it off

every time i get off the bike to go into 7/11 etc

Drift ghost hd is the way to go,have one coming next week

which model did you get and how much do they cost ?

why is it better than a go-pro ?

im considering a bike cam but i dont know want the hassle of always trying to prevent people

stealing it because i use my bikes for everything and it wud be a major hassle to have to take it off

every time i get off the bike to go into 7/11 etc

GoPro is very easy to remove as it is only one thumb screw. I leave the mount on the bike. Other option is to just remove it from the waterproof case (a simple latch) while inside the store. I only use it for filming a specific thing, not for everyday documentation like a dash cam.

• Like 1