How Long To Get A 1 Year Marriage Visa

Yes i can only speak for BKK....

But if its much more difficult in other provinces it may just be worth taking a trip to BKK to apply? (Or atleast if you live in a near by province)

Because i dont think you have to be from BKK to apply here? My wifes house papers are from Rayong, but it was no problem to apply here.

Edited by dave111223

[

Right. Things are f***k all easy if you have the money and your paperwork is in order. :o

Youve got it in one - and why not - why should the Thai government welcome those without

good income and funds - I for one would stop all nonsence of 30 day visa runs - your not tourists your here for cheap thrills - if you dont have 400,000 or 800,000 spare you should be in your own country not here - after all our countries dont like people to visit without money ( income 24,000 pounds or about $ 40,000 pa for retirement visa in Uk) - ??I also have never had a problem but then i can show each year i spend quite a lot and bring in quite a lot each year - personally id round up all cheap so called tourists except genuine backpackers and send them on next plane home - they dont contribute that much :D

Yes i can only speak for BKK....

But if its much more difficult in other provinces it may just be worth taking a trip to BKK to apply? (Or atleast if you live in a near by province)

Because i dont think you have to be from BKK to apply here? My wifes house papers are from Rayong, but it was no problem to apply here.

Can we know also where is your really address now? In Bangkok or in Rayong? This is an important question for the 90 days address reports!

In case of Rayong you have to make reports in Mabtaput Immigration and not in BKK!

Can we know also where is your really address now? In Bangkok or in Rayong? This is an important question for the 90 days address reports!

My real address is in Rayong i guess, as thats where i told immigration i was going to stay when i applied for my Type O and when i arrived in BKK.

But actually we are staying at an temporary appartment in BKK, we told the immigration officer this when applying for 1 year, and they just said "Coming back here in 90 days".

So i'm not sure if it really matters where you apply or check-in?

My real address is in Rayong i guess, as thats where i told immigration i was going to stay when i applied for my Type O and when i arrived in BKK.

But actually we are staying at an temporary appartment in BKK, we told the immigration officer this when applying for 1 year, and they just said "Coming back here in 90 days".

So i'm not sure if it really matters where you apply or check-in?

Sure is you've to apply in your nearest Immigration office where live. They will send your papers to BKK for apply.

I assume the Immigraton bureau in Soi Suan Plu took your temporary appartment address in BKK. You have to clear that quicky if you move to Rayong in Mabtaput Immigration and in Soi Suan Plu also I think.

I would be interested to know who told you that you were required to file your address report with a specific office? There is no such rule on the immigration web site and in fact they say "any office". I have alternated between two in Bangkok myself. And by mail you can use the Bangkok address from anywhere.

I would be interested to know who told you that you were required to file your address report with a specific office? There is no such rule on the immigration web site and in fact they say "any office". I have alternated between two in Bangkok myself. And by mail you can use the Bangkok address from anywhere.

When I applied my Type "O" valid 3 months in BKK "Soi Suan Plu", 3. floor. You remember in other threads I've changed my Tourist Visa before in an "O". The officer said to me I have to apply now in Rayong where I live.

Rayong have sent the papers to BKK for to grant my 1 year extension. This took three months time. Now I have to made reports in "Mabtaput Immigration" in Rayong every 90 days.

I am a bit confuse, I thought that's the rule.

You would normally use your closest office to do the extension of stay, especially for support Thai wife where then need to make on ground checks, but that does not mean you have to use the same office for 90 day reports AFAIK. I also know some always use Bangkok for extensions of stay when they have a reason to do so. As with most things rules are flexible and most officers will try to work with you.

In case of Rayong you have to make reports in Mabtaput Immigration and not in BKK!

The primary purpose of 90 Day Reporting is to notify Immigration of your intention to stay in the Kingdom for more than 90 days.

Whilst they do ask for your present address, where you are currently staying is not the reason for reporting.