Airlines demand crackdown on unruly passengers

webfact

B.O. is my pet peeve.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mine too BUT my biggest objection is a great lump of lard sitting next to me with the majority of their bulk over hanging into my space

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the misfortune of having to sit next to a guy who kept picking his nose. It made feel physically sick. I mean where was the stuff that he was digging out going <deleted>?

. How about people changing Nappies on the meal tables... DISGUSTING

after having to sit next to a guy who was essentially dressed for the beach; singlet, shorts and flip flops on a recent flight i think airlines should have a basic 'respect for other passengers' dress code. i really dont want to have all that naked male flesh sitting right next to me plus his horrible uncovered feet. yuk.

If a guy dressed like that sat next to me anywhere, I would make sure he is moved. one way or the other. Disgusting pig.

So everyone should be in suits!!

...and the uneducated should not be allowed to fly!!!

...people of the UK - should not be allowed to vote on Europe.

... only rich people allowed to go to University

...Anyone over 30 put to death?????

This is what happens when there's so much competition and low fares...the uncouth masses are allowed to fly.

Of course the airlines never look to themselves as to why unruliness is on the increase. They are cramming more and more passengers into ever smaller and harder seats, ( 3-4-3 in economy?) Serving swill for food and employing disagreeable staff. No wonder people get pi$$ed off.

They seem to be in a race to the bottom to see who can provide the worst level of service for the highest price. Of course frustration and hostility will result.

• Like 2

sorry but i wear a nice shirt, decent shorts and also flip flops. if the &lt;deleted&gt; in some airports did not demand you remove your shoes i would wear shoes

. If there is an accident, do you want to run through Flaming Jet Fuel with Flip Flops....

I do you think a pair of formal shoes will be any better?

And why do the airline often hand out those disposable socks that will not fit anyone with a shoe size bigger than 7 in the amenity packs?

sorry but i wear a nice shirt, decent shorts and also flip flops. if the &lt;deleted&gt; in some airports did not demand you remove your shoes i would wear shoes

. If there is an accident, do you want to run through Flaming Jet Fuel with Flip Flops....

And why do the airline often hand out those disposable socks that will not fit anyone with a shoe size bigger than 7 in the amenity packs?

My ears were warm...........laugh.png

Comon guys, when you board a plane show some common sense respect to passengers and crew. Always ridiculing the topic is easy but serves no purpose. Taking a shower and put on some casual cloths is already too much? Try to think how other people feel iso yourself. And flighing business does not prevent the weirdos on the contrary.

. Yes , I Do...

I dress in a reasonably nice T-shirt and shorts. I don't wear flip-flops because I really can't walk in them, but I have slip off shoes. I make sure my clothes are clean and I am showered before I go to the airport. I look casual because I hate taking off so much stuff before going through security. I hate being behind the people that have to take 3, 4 or 5 times to get through screening.

I put my wallet, watch, keys in a plastic bag so that when I get up to the gate, it's one thing going through. I make sure I am not wearing a belt, but I have one packed in my carry on, along with long pants and a regular shirt -- not to please anyone on the airplane, but sometimes where I am landing it can be a lot colder than Thailand.

I dress in a reasonably nice T-shirt and shorts. I don't wear flip-flops because I really can't walk in them, but I have slip off shoes. I make sure my clothes are clean and I am showered before I go to the airport. I look casual because I hate taking off so much stuff before going through security. I hate being behind the people that have to take 3, 4 or 5 times to get through screening.

I put my wallet, watch, keys in a plastic bag so that when I get up to the gate, it's one thing going through. I make sure I am not wearing a belt, but I have one packed in my carry on, along with long pants and a regular shirt -- not to please anyone on the airplane, but sometimes where I am landing it can be a lot colder than Thailand.

Shorts...................w00t.gif ...........................But you would wear flip flops if you could................Nooooooooooooooo dinner invitationlaugh.png from me ol'son........gawd...............laugh.png

[quote name="Credo" post="7612018" timestamp="1395834256

Ok

Wow, Transam, I am hurt. The main thing about my attire that looks odd, is that I don't wear sports shoes. I don't want to be tying and untying laces at security. Velcro is your Friend...

smile.png .......Now look lads, shorts are............well they just are.........we really must try and raise OUR standards a bit. If you must wear flip flops then wear trousers that are toooooooo long to hide the flip flops. ............coffee1.gif

Great, nothing worse than having to sit next to / near a loud mouth or completely drunk passanger. Its not fair for the rest of us, and the crew !

What depresses me is how often I find myself sat next to a totally sober person, it's enough to turn someone to drink.

• Like 2

Great, nothing worse than having to sit next to / near a loud mouth or completely drunk passanger. Its not fair for the rest of us, and the crew !

What depresses me is how often I find myself sat next to a totally sober person, it's enough to turn someone to drink.
One Day at a Time.

First class for me.....nothing but pampering, good food and drink....then sleep sleep....I Love Korean Air

Last trip back to Amsterdam a very drunk passenger kept going to his stash of Chang for a drink.(I saw him at least 7 times). I pointed it out to the Hostess. She didn't give a <deleted>. How he got past the security check I don't know.

Because security at BKK is before you pass immigration and that's where they take away any liquids pastes or ungents that are too big for regulations. Everything on the air-side is considered a secure area, including all the water, beer and whisky you care to tote onboard. I think the only airlines that have a secondary security search are United (but I think they don't come here anymore) and (probably) El Al. Oh, and I think Air France still has those shady looking ex-foreign legionnaire types giving you a secondary gate grope pat-down as well.

Amsterdam is one of those pain-in-the-arse airports where the security scan is at the gate and unless you have drunk it already, it gets taken away.

Next time bring your own six-pack (or two) and enjoy yourself too.

Sorry but no excuse for Flip-flops and anyway, the business about shoe removal is for YOUR OWN SAFETY. If they stop just ONE SHOE BOMBER from boarding a flight, I hope it is MY Flight and I don't mind what they do to ensure my safety. If you must wear Flip-Flops, simply stay at home or go to the beach..... Hope you at least take the trouble to clean out the muck from under your toe nails.

Was there ever really a shoe-bomber?

I thought the guy they caught, playing with a lighter and his shoes was a harmless nutjob.

(And if groundside had done their job properly he wouldn't have had the lighter)

(Airport security wouldn't let him on the first plane, cos he was obviously a nutter, French police told them to let him fly)

Logically,

If people are worried about shoe-bombers (or other naughty stuff hidden by clothing), flip-flops, shorts and singlets would be mandatory on flights.

Not to mention, no bras, cos you could hide a lot of explosives in the padding.

Lets see anyone try to hide contraband when everyone is only allowed to wear g-strings and budgie smugglers.

I guess you forgot the Nigerian chappie who tried to blow up a Delta flight on approach with his combustible shreddies then.

To suggest we take your rather extreme idea of enforcing security to the max (short of cavity searches) and let 'em all fly naked.

That way nobody is offended by a couple of armpits or some manky green toenails and you get to see that not all the big knobs fly up at the front of the bus either.

Last trip back to Amsterdam a very drunk passenger kept going to his stash of Chang for a drink.(I saw him at least 7 times). I pointed it out to the Hostess. She didn't give a <deleted>. How he got past the security check I don't know.

Because security at BKK is before you pass immigration and that's where they take away any liquids pastes or ungents that are too big for regulations. Everything on the air-side is considered a secure area, including all the water, beer and whisky you care to tote onboard. I think the only airlines that have a secondary security search are United (but I think they don't come here anymore) and (probably) El Al. Oh, and I think Air France still has those shady looking ex-foreign legionnaire types giving you a secondary gate grope pat-down as well.

Amsterdam is one of those pain-in-the-arse airports where the security scan is at the gate and unless you have drunk it already, it gets taken away.

Next time bring your own six-pack (or two) and enjoy yourself too.

some airports have security first and then you can buy as much drink as you like to bring onboard

ive often drank a bottle of whisky on long flights and nobody seemed to mind as long as you dont make

any noise and drink it quietly i think they dont care

Okay this is going to be long, as I have to vent after having an experience like the one discussed in the original story. Here is an idea, and it will be met with many a negative response I am sure... but how about not serving alcohol on-board aircraft.

I know some of us need a drink from time to time perhaps, but some could also use a smoke. The latter was banned and all is well with that. Those folks survive just fine while in the air and in most airports. We also know that drinking alcohol on a plane at flight altitudes is not good for the body on many levels, so why subject your body to its effects? Who the hell knows.

But the question remains... do you really need that drink on the plane or in the airport? What is this a party? No, it is you getting onto a bus with wings run by an airline that cares little about customer service, paying its flight crews (both up front at the controls and in the back making up your meal), but do care about making money. Airports on the other hand have one more incentive... yes, make as much money as possible but also doing so by renting the spaces in the terminal building to various vendors ... even if it is to a bar that has no problem serving that 5th drink to that passenger knowing that when the aircraft is pressurized the effects of the alcohol will kick into a higher gear.

As for a dress code (?)... come on! This is not the 1960's when one actually dressed as if one was going to a meeting or the theater. This is 2014 and we are herded like cattle through the check-in process (if not being made to do it ourselves at a machine that cares even less about us than the staff behind the empty counters), then made to take off our shoes and belts and whatever else the TSA or anyone else thinks up, have our bodies scanned, then get dressed again in a rush, proceed to a gate that may or may not change to a new one, walk by shops charging far higher prices than any on the High Street, and then sit and wait for your Seating Section or row number to be called just to find that someone cut the line at some point and put their two suitcases in your overhead bin and now are sitting in row that was not called before yours. So who the hell wants to dress nice for that?

Then there are other factors that 'get under our skins' and get us frustrated which itself leads to our disillusion and finally... bad moods. Depending upon the airline (US ones, BA, and the once elegant Air France especially) we are greeted by a cabin crew the better part of 40 who are tired, underpaid, and underwhelmed by you the passenger and your needs from years of doing the same job over and over again. Try pushing the call button and see what happens and if anything does the first thing they do is push another button to turn off the little light and then stare at you with a blank expression. Heaven help you if you ask for an extra blanket because you are cold. For the position of Flight Engineer has been done away with and those temperature controls are with the the cabin crew who have other things to do (whatever that might be. I have seen them doing their makeup and hair and gossiping) and with the Flight Crew who are more interested in the Auto Pilot. So you stay cold. Then there are the 'extra charges' from everything from food to the entertainment system so proudly advertised as being 'cutting edge' (United Airlines), and once on Ryan Air ... going to the bathroom... which itself has shrunk in size from 'manageable' to the size of a shoe box (and with none of the niceties that they once offered such as cologne, a nice soap, etc.)!

In short, there is no more joy in flying as there once was. It is a daily occurrence and we think nothing of traveling by plane; it is common place. Gone are the days of the elegance of air travel and customer service (though Etihad does a good job as do a few others). That is, of course, unless you have sold your two children and the family house to afford that First Class seat! Then you are in a far different world where you are waited on by a crew that actually gives a dam.

Oh the airlines will say that they care. But do they really? The Pilot does for his passengers' lives are in his hands. The Co-pilot does for sort of the same reasons. But does the airline as a whole care? Nope. Their fun comes from maneuvering the prices of tickets up and down as they feel the market will handle and keeping the stockholders happy. We, the lonely passenger, are just a cog in their wheel. An important one, yes, as without out us they have nothing to do except wait for that call from the Government telling them that they need their aircraft to ferry troops to a war zone.

So dress as you like.. but be smart about it (shorts and flip flops are not a good things to wear if there is an accident during flight or even taxing) and be happy that you arrived in one piece and hope that your luggage also made it. But to the folks that think it is okay to lambast the crew and other passengers with actions usually reserved for the sidewalk outside the pub after a night of drinking... wake up, grow up, and be ready to be banned from future flights and have a good time in jail.

This is not good if you are an unruly passenger like me. Haha, my friend and I in the 80s would fly coach and raise hell until thru moved us to first class and fave us good food and free drinks to shut us up. That does not work anymore.