HTC one M8

BillyOm7

It's supposed to be available, in shops, here in the U.S on April 11 - you can pre-order it on-line.

I didn't see any display units when I was in a T-Mo store yesterday.

Actor Gary Oldman is hawking the M8 for HTC here; saw the "blah-blah-blah" commercial a zillion times during the NCAA hoops games over the week-end. (Not nearly as good as the Audi/Ricky Gervais ads though.)

there were a few units for sale in Switzerland last week but I was not lucky enough to get one.

I arrived in Thailand today and wanted to buy one. They told me that they aren't coming until the end of April, beginning of Mai (HTC store). Probably at MBK they will get them sooner.

there were a few units for sale in Switzerland last week but I was not lucky enough to get one.

I arrived in Thailand today and wanted to buy one. They told me that they aren't coming until the end of April, beginning of Mai (HTC store). Probably at MBK they will get them sooner.

seems to be already a guy in mbk who has impoprted some so the rest will likely have them within a week or two :

http://www.mirakar.com/detail_product.php?IDPro=15261

I bought one from MBK yesterday. 23400 Baht.

Did you get 16gb or 32gb ? Also what colour(s) did they have stock of ?

Regards

AG

Unless it's Samsung Galaxy flagship model (S4, S5 etc) or iPhone, you're not going to have much luck finding anything above 16GB ROM.

I bought one from MBK yesterday. 23400 Baht.

Did you get 16gb or 32gb ? Also what colour(s) did they have stock of ?

Regards

AG

Unless it's Samsung Galaxy flagship model (S4, S5 etc) or iPhone, you're not going to have much luck finding anything above 16GB ROM.

The HTC M8 has 16gb and 32gb models (internal memory), I have only heard of 16gb in Asia so far, USA and Europe have some 32gb models. This phone has Memory card slot too, but some apps are not transferable externally and would rather pay extra for the 32gb model.

My current phone (HTC OneX+) has 64gb internal, with no external slot. Which has been more than enough TBH.

• 4 weeks later...

Jaymart keeps pushing back the date they expect to get the HTC One M8. MBK stores have it but one place which had a decent price told me that since their supply is from Singapore/HK the warranty wouldn't work in Thailand (something weird about HTC's global warranty I guess).

I doubt it's a good idea to invest in an expensive phone without being sure the warranty holds up here. But when will the "official" Thai supply arrive. Any advise? Thanks in advance.

Edited by The Dancer

• 3 months later...

I got a gunmetal grey HTC One M8 (16gb) at the Taipei airport at the shop right at the gate before flying to Bangkok on Queens Birthday holiday....luved the phone UNTIL I was shocked to see NO NATIVE FILE EXPLORER APP....

moving pictures (and other data) to my external 64 gb SD card is not possible without major hassle....& Im not into rooting...(will give it away to my friend)..expensive experiment

will stick with my iPhone 5 (64gb) (until iPhone 6 --4.7 inch comes out) and my Galaxy S5 (16gb + 64 SD card) (until iPhone 6 --5.5 inch comes out)

I got a gunmetal grey HTC One M8 (16gb) at the Taipei airport at the shop right at the gate before flying to Bangkok on Queens Birthday holiday....luved the phone UNTIL I was shocked to see NO NATIVE FILE EXPLORER APP....

moving pictures (and other data) to my external 64 gb SD card is not possible without major hassle....& Im not into rooting...(will give it away to my friend)..expensive experiment

will stick with my iPhone 5 (64gb) (until iPhone 6 --4.7 inch comes out) and my Galaxy S5 (16gb + 64 SD card) (until iPhone 6 --5.5 inch comes out)

What about using an app like 'appmgrlll' by Sam Lu. And for explorer use 'ES file explorer 3'

That's the beauty of Android. You don't HAVE to rely on manufacturer apps!

What about using an app like 'appmgrlll' by Sam Lu. And for explorer use 'ES file explorer 3'

That's the beauty of Android. You don't HAVE to rely on manufacturer apps!

tried a few third party apps...hassle to save pics and data in that app folder only on the SD card....and no movement allowed within SD card

On my Samsung Galaxy S5, the native MY FILES app gives complete freedom to (and within the SD card)....one the advantages of Android is having an external SD card...kind of neutralized if that is locked in HTC One....not willing to wait til HTC One comes out with its own native app.....seems like everyone is screaming about this in online forums...

the HTC has a lux metal body (as opposed to plastic body of S5)...super sharp screen (but not as bright as S5).....dont like the camera on HTC One though....S5 stomped it on that count....

Edited by trajan