New to Chiang Mai

gc777

Hello All,

I have recently moved to Chiang Mai, accompanying my wife who is teaching English. In the near future I will graduate with a BA honours in Environmental Studies. I am hoping while I am here I can put my degree to some kind of constructive use.

Does anyone know of any environmental groups that I could possibly join or if there in any likelihood of me gaining employment in the environmental sector?

Thanks very much

I will graduate with a BA honours in Environmental Studies. I am hoping while I am here I can put my degree to some kind of constructive use.

Yes please. Can you start working on cleaning up the March haze / particulate matter pollution?

Once that's done we can move on to increasing the efficiency in solid waste pick-up and recycling, and then littering in national parks and along highways.

When can you start? ;)

• Like 1

(BTW welcome to the forum. Think nothing of it, we're always lame towards new members. wink.png )

In this sector you're looking at universities, UN organizations / governmental organizations and NGOs. Meet as many people in the sector as possible (join events and seminars, write to everyone) and see where it leads.

Takes time, but once established in the sector it's easy money. Don't focus too much on Thailand but more on the region / the world.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1