Full Re-spray on a 4x4

Steps

Hi,

I have been quoted 50,000THB for a full respray (actually change the colour of the pickup) on my 4x4. The company said they will guarantee it for 1 year and give us all the paper work for the insurace as it is a colour change. Is this a decent price?

All posts from anyone with experience is much appreciated

Thanks

Sounds too cheap for a good paint/spray job sad.png I payed about 80,000 and was not very happy with it. Check if the shop got a clean and heatable (!) spray chamber. A good change of color includes the engine compartment, inside of cabin, ...

• Haha 1

50K for the 4x4 is not much....hope you want to keep the truck for a long time,because your resale value will go down,if you change the color.If this is a valuable vehicle,the vinyl wrap will be an option...costs about the same and you can take it of if needed.

• Like 1

15000 is a good price for standard Jap car.

50000 is too much even for 4x4.

80000 is ridiculous.

So you reckon 15000 baht for a full respray is a good price, your either trolling or are seriously deluded....Just my opinion of course...

Oh and as an after thought, maybe your under the influence...

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15000 is a good cheap price for standard Jap car.

80000 is ridiculous.

15k is for a quickie blow over.

50k for a full colour change is ok provided it is a full tear down and painted inside and out.

15 K is right,for a same colour blow job.Surely by the time a Vehicle here needs a paint job it can't be worth big bucks. If you change the colour get the Book changed for a small fee.Only reason i know anything here comes from the Car Wash Ex Pats 5 P.M Drinking Club.Theres a Body Shop, Tyre n Battery , Mom n Pops and 2 Young Thais who fit Race Chips that belch smoke. from Trucks that go like Lamboes up to 70.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Thats sounds cheap. I would bet that the result will be cheap too. Like others have suggested, I would look into wrapping the car as an alternative. Depends on what your goals are, but it might be an option, and will not premanently de-value the car like a bad respray would.

• Like 1

80000 is ridiculous.

Correct... average you need for about 5000 bath an paint, sandpaper, filler, tape and other small supplies.

so 10000 for labor/ workshop costs.

All that you pay more, if you have no special paint job, is a scam.

• Like 2

80000 is ridiculous.

Correct... average you need for about 5000 bath an paint, sandpaper, filler, tape and other small supplies.

...hey,if all this is 'correct'...would you(!) do it for this price..??! giggle.giflaugh.pngwhistling.gif

• Haha 1

15000 is what car re-sellers (tent) pay to respray a car to sell it more expensive.

Vinyl wrap is a lot more expensive than this and I read somewhere that it can damage the painting when you want to take off the wrap ?

...you may be correct...this is what the 'Earl Sheib' job would cost years ago....here,sure you can re-spray a compact car for 15K...but,it still will be just a re-spray...

...about the wrap...same same,if you get a good quality shop and materials,you may get lucky....but this is not for the 'money savers'.....some people like to change colors often and without losing the original vehicle value....wink.png

• Like 1

80000 is ridiculous.

50,000 - the paint cracks after one year.

100,000 - complete strip down, sanding, re-paint.. 1 - 2 months.

What a load of <deleted>.

My old pickup I had a full job done when I bought it and again 3 years later (dents/scratches was easier to have whole vehicle done).

Never did the paint crack and infact I sold it to a friend who still has it 2 years later and still there is not cracks in the paint.

The spray job cost 15k the first time and 18k the second.

• Thanks 1

80000 is ridiculous.

My old pickup I had a full job done when I bought it and again 3 years later (dents/scratches was easier to have whole vehicle done).

Never did the paint crack and infact I sold it to a friend who still has it 2 years later and still there is not cracks in the paint.

Calling me a lier? hehe. We are talking about a full colour change here. I would let anyone offering me a price of 15K for that anywhere near my car ;)

• Haha 1

80000 is ridiculous.

Did you do it around Pattaya also ?

I know that what you are saying is right, others are funny <3

• Like 1

80000 is ridiculous.

UTTER BS.

Do you have any idea how much work it is involved to completely change the color of a car? When did you actually get a quotation for a job like this? I've been looking at different shops that does this kind of jobs. I accepted an offer for 100K. The job will be finished in two months. No, its not a pickup.

• Haha 1

80000 is ridiculous.

Did you do it around Pattaya also ?

I know that what you are saying is right, others are funny <3

In Sriracha.

80000 is ridiculous.

Calling me a lier? hehe. We are talking about a full colour change here. I would let anyone offering me a price of 15K for that anywhere near my car wink.png

15k is for a closed door repaint of the same colour. 50k is more that enough for a full strip down respray. I see it done daily when we change the colour of pickup's at work.

Infact the price is 30k but we do the full strip (body off chassis strip down).

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 2

80000 is ridiculous.

...hey,if all this is 'correct'...would you(!) do it for this price..??! giggle.giflaugh.pngwhistling.gif

No... but did mine car, 3 colors, black, silver and metal blue.

1 day to take all of that can give problems like lights, bumper, cow catcher, name plates etc..

1 day clean wax, sanding and filling small dents. sandpaper 600, 800 and 1000

1 day tape and mask all and spray 2 colors ... black and silver

1 day spray metallic blue

1 day sanding 1500

1 day spraying all 3 colors

1 day sand all with 1800 and then polish all with polisher and machine

1 day build all back

I say day but actually most time worked just a few hours... the rest is dry and harden time

Total work time about 25 hours

Total costs 4890 bath

Regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

...would this qualify for a good wrap ?smile.png

Hi,

I have been thinking about this wrapping the car business as i took a look at a friends from Bangkok. It was mat black just like the picture and looked awesome! How much did it cost to wrap your truck and how long did it take? If it is cheaper than the 50,000 i was quoted for a re-spray, then i just may wel consider it.

Does anybody know where there is a garage around the Chanthaburi/Trat area of Thailand that does this?

Thanks

• Like 1

...would this qualify for a good wrap ?smile.png

Hi,

I have been thinking about this wrapping the car business as i took a look at a friends from Bangkok. It was mat black just like the picture and looked awesome! How much did it cost to wrap your truck and how long did it take? If it is cheaper than the 50,000 i was quoted for a re-spray, then i just may wel consider it.

Does anybody know where there is a garage around the Chanthaburi/Trat area of Thailand that does this?

Thanks

Well,I'm in CM and this wasn't my truck,but I may guess,that good quality wrap will be no less than 40K.You want also the best vinyl,specially with dark colors,to be sure of easy removal.I still think,that good wrap has advantages over respray,because you can so easy go back to your original color,which makes a big difference,when you'll decide to sell...

• Like 2

To do a proper colour change the motor really has to be stripped, that means pulling the engine out too, and any wiring etc under to hood on the bulk head and inner wings. Very time consuming operation, so is expensive. Simple same colour blow over is waaaaaaaay cheaper.

Paint doesn't crack over time unless silicone is under the paint (never use silicone based wax) , or perhaps filler present not mixed properly.

• Like 1