Labor issue

I work for a school and they chose to end my contract at the end of the school year. I worked for them for a total of 5 months under a one year contract that had a 90 probation period. They notified me of their intent to end the contract a month ago.

But my question is this: they are ending the contract on March 31st, which conveniently lets them get out of paying for my "month off" holiday that I would have had in April at full salary. In America and else where since I had made it through the probaationary period, did my job I would be entitled to the month off salary as well - it is a basic benefit under a teacher's contract that they are weaseling out of.

However, I know - this is Thailand - and the school is a government organization nonetheless, so I probably don't have a chance at anything right? So, do I have any chance at anything?

Thanks in advance.

I am afraid the answer here is no, you are not necessarily entitled to any bonus (including paid vacation) if they choose to exercise the termination before the distribution of bonuses.

And since it is a government school if you want to make a claim it will need to go through normal Civil Court (not the usual Labor Court). Employees of government schools do not use the Labor Court or their severance or compensation scale. The chances of successfully claiming on your bonus will depend on what is written in your employment agreement, how you present your case and how they (the school) defend their side.
[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]