2nd visit to obtain year extension O marriage-based, what to prepare?

This is unclear for me, except updating bank book... Need to visit Lad Prao today for year extension stamp, now under consideration.

Will they need passport copies again, photos, letter from bank, etc? Please advice.

Regards,

rolleyes.gif Probably not.

But just in case, you should know that IF they want a copy of something, I visited there about a week ago for a reentry permit and there were TWO different copy machines being run by some clever Thais offering copies at 3 baht per copy ..... just in case a copy was asked for.

And they were doing a booming business .... they saw a chance to make some money and took it.

Not an "official" copy machine ..... two seperate Thais freelancing.

I also did this at Lad Prao recently so just enter the outer lobby area and go to the desk marked for Non-O extension. They will take your passport and have you sit and wait in the same area. Soon they will return with your passport and new stamp and call your name. Very easy and was quick for me. I also had a copy of my new stamp made at the machine as described in an earlier post and applied for a re-entry permit. Took less than an hour for all.

Just returned, yes nothing even if they tell month ago I need to update passbook to date, and bank again not able to do this because of fixed deposit, and also transferring zero baht not able to to.. Worried about this, but all finished in 20 minutes - I give them passport, take number and in 20 min girl come out and give me stamped passport with +365 days. Great.

There is also no visit to our home and no talking with office at home or neighbours occur. I think before, Immigration will visit first time always, but not, and office tell no one come and talk with them also, Maybe because we show a lot of documents, including house registration and chanote all in my name...

There also no strict-strict rules about update of fixed deposit date and about possible withdrawal w/lost interest. Woman who accept and check documents just noted deposit monthly update date, which is about 3 days before I applied for extension, and maturity/release date, she tell "when come next time please update to day of visit", but as ubonjoe tell already, no one ask anything except passport with consideration stamp. At least good point, because small interest from fixed deposit is better than nothing on saving account...

Officials tells they don't know when normal operation at CW will be resumed, and for 90 days I can send mail to Ladprao also. But I need to make report at the end of May next time,then I hope CW will work as usual.

• 3 months later...

Not to start a new topic... Could you please advice the best solution. My Non-O expires on Sep. 17. I put the money for extension on July 16. Is it possible to come to Immigration office (CM if it's important) beforehand, say, Sep 5, to apply for a year extension with the bank papers dated Sep the 5th as well? Or does it have to be 16/17 Sep?

Papers must be dated on the day they are issued. If you go on sept. 5th, money must have been seasoned long enough on that date and the bank letter and bank book must preferably be dated that day.

I you put them money in the bank on the 16th, the money will not have been seasoned on the 5th.