Thawil asks Phra Buddha Isara for the return of the NSC office

webfact

Thawil asks Phra Buddha Isara for the return of the NSC office

3-27-2014-12-17-29-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Newly-reinstated chief of the National Security Council Thawil Pliensri met this morning (Thursday) with Phra Buddha Isara at Chaeng Wattana protest site for discussion on the return of the NSC’s office at the government complex.

Mr Thawil whose retroactive reinstatement was endorsed by the cabinet on Tuesday was accompanied by a group of officials as he discussed with the leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee for the lifting of the blockade of the NSC office so NSC officials could return to work.

The government complex at Chaeng Wattana has been shut down by anti-government protesters led by Phra Buddha Isara for over two months.

Mr Thawil said that there was no objection from the monk about the reopening of the NSC office but the exact timeline had to be worked out later.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thawil-asks-phra-buddha-isara-return-nsc-office/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-27

He asked? blink.png

I thought the normal way for PTP/Reds was to treat moments like this by simply beating the monk physically to the ground.

thawil is not a red. In fact, he is a yellow

Actually he's just the re-instated NSC chief.

• Like 2

The monk should give up protesting and open his own rice mill with his little rice mill machines to earn money for the farmers and to support his good friend Suthep in the cost of running what the court calls a legal protest.

• Like 1

He asked? blink.png

I thought the normal way for PTP/Reds was to treat moments like this by simply beating the monk physically to the ground.

already posted... heeza yellerbelly not a "red" at all smile.png

yes just re-instated

Edited by DirtFarmer

The monk should give up protesting and open his own rice mill with his little rice mill machines to earn money for the farmers and to support his good friend Suthep in the cost of running what the court calls a legal protest.

Actually the rice mill is running and it is extreme popular with the farmer who got cheated by Yingluck. So he is doing both smile.png

I got told that he ordered a bigger machine....but I am not sure if it is yet to come or if this small machine is already the bigger one.

• Like 1

Are you really suggesting that a monk should go into business?

Some already have a problem with a monk leading democratic anti-government protests. Imagine.

Could it be that Thawil has a bit more common sense and a better idea of how to achieve things than Yinglucks man he replaces, and for that matter the whole of the caretaker government ?

It would seem he doesn't consider going and asking and negotiating as some sort of loss of face.

No doubt the NSC will get their offices back and it will in all probability result in better security and be beneficial for the protesters as well as the NSC staff.

For the way things are going the NAC could well become a target like the NACC.

Could it be that Thawil has a bit more common sense and a better idea of how to achieve things than Yinglucks man he replaces, and for that matter the whole of the caretaker government ?

It would seem he doesn't consider going and asking and negotiating as some sort of loss of face.

No doubt the NSC will get their offices back and it will in all probability result in better security and be beneficial for the protesters as well as the NSC staff.

For the way things are going the NAC could well become a target like the NACC.

"It would seem he doesn't consider going and asking and negotiating as some sort of loss of face."

So the PTP didn't have the common to try negotiation before Wonder Man Thawil appeared - What's this,Scotch Mist?

A new round of talks between the government and the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) showed potential for a possible peaceful solution - as both sides agreed to end the violence. In an attempt to break through the political impasse and stop the violence, Election Commissioner Somchai Srisuthiyakorn and deputy permanent secretary of justice Thawatchai Thaikhiew arranged a meeting on Monday at the Justice Ministry office in the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road. The two representatives at the meeting were Phra Buddha Issara, a leader of the PDRC, and Somchai Wongsawat, a key leader of the Pheu Thai Party and a former premier. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/Talks-offer-glimmer-of-hope-30227817.html

In most countries, the gov't would not allow the "taking over” of gov't offices or blockading them, and I do not believe this has a precedent in Thailand, but could be wrong. In the West, the military would block any protestor group from occupying gov't facilities with the use of deadly force, if deemed necessary.

I feel the present gov't was pussy-footing it too much and letting the protestors "have their way" in taking over such facilities and attempting to stop this or any gov't from functioning. However, they have played the safe route so no charges of murder, as in the prior administration.

All gov't facilities should be free of protestors, who are now considered as insurrectionist, with attempting to overthrow the gov't. by illegal means. If one wishes to overthrow a gov't then one needs to vote in the ballot box, regardless of the so-called "buying the vote" charges, which have been largely negated as not of meaningful effect in the results. In the US votes are bought all the time by the Congress with special benefits going to certain areas of the country for the support for a totally unrelated bill on defense spending or whatever. Democracy is not perfect, but it is the best of all choices out there and the PEOPLE will eventually sort it out. This is Thailand and NOT Farangland. Don't like it, there are certainly other choices in life as to where to live.

Some already have a problem with a monk leading democratic anti-government protests. Imagine.

I think yo mean anti-democratic government protest , No ?

This criminal fallen munk, or monkey, is just a joke. Why do not the socalled Royal Thai Police arrest this traitor ? The socalled Royal Police makes lese majestes when nthei dont do anything. Some changes has to come, and I think the first and most importsnt will be to clean up the socalled Thai Royal Police. Why do this police corps exist ? It should not.

He asked? blink.png

Actually, he was just in-the-way of a Thaksin favorite who wanted his job; a neutral bureaucrat and that's not good enough for Thaksin.

this guy cant be a monk and a politicial activist

he should be made to choose one or the other or hes just making a bigger mess of things ........if thats possible

if he wants to lead the reform he should have to give up the orange dress or if hes really commited to buddism he should

give up leading the PDRC and do whatever monks do in a temple .........

play with their iphones ,ipads ,impregnate girls ,chop up stolen vehicles and a bit of worship to make merit and balance things

out .........

• Like 1

As my wife would say, not real monk. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

one day i was walking near khao san rd and a monk came over tome and extended his hand out ,he didnt speak but he obviously wanted money

i grabbed his hand and shook it and said "' its a pleasure to meet you sir " and he walked on to the next victims

i stopped and looked back for a minute and saw some thais giving him money but i thought monks arent even allowed to beg for money and thats why they have a helper to collect any cash donations and they only carry the food items etc ....

your wife is right btw , a real monk would never ask for cash ........

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed as well as reply posts:

23) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed. Topic is not about Thawil's political career, it is about:

BANGKOK: -- Newly-reinstated chief of the National Security Council Thawil Pliensri met this morning (Thursday) with Phra Buddha Isara at Chaeng Wattana protest site for discussion on the return of the NSC’s office at the government complex.

this guy cant be a monk and a politicial activist

he should be made to choose one or the other or hes just making a bigger mess of things ........if thats possible

if he wants to lead the reform he should have to give up the orange dress or if hes really commited to buddism he should

give up leading the PDRC and do whatever monks do in a temple .........

play with their iphones ,ipads ,impregnate girls ,chop up stolen vehicles and a bit of worship to make merit and balance things

out .........

Actually Phra Issara is a pro-democracy activist. Monks in the region have a reputation to be troublesome to/for undemocratic governments. Therefor they are often accused of being political.

I think yo mean anti-democratic government protest , No ?

No, I mean democratic anti-government protest against an undemocratic blanket amnesty bill pushing government.

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed as well as reply posts:

23) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

It is a pity, because that article and the interview to Luang Pu were showing some of the good things that he and his followers are doing for the Rice Farmers. He is achieving more than what any politician has ever made for them.

Edited by MGP

He asked? blink.png

To clarify, a re-instated activist PAD-Dem sympathiser trying to function in a PTP Govt. controlled bureaucracy.

Good luck with that.

If that was reversed and was a PTP guy trying to function in an unlikely PAD-Dem Govt., the guy would be manning the front lines in a heavily southern insurgent area.

I said "unlikely PAD-Dem. Govt" in that they would need to win an election first.