Chiang Rai nightclub grenade attack injures 7

webfact

Chiang Rai Nightclub Grenade Attack Injures 7
By Khaosod english

13959076271395908028l.jpg

CHIANG RAI: -- Seven people have been injured after a grenade was thrown into a nightclub in Chiang Rai province after a fight broke out between groups of teenage patrons.

The incident reportedly took place at U-Turn Pub in Mueang district in the early morning today, shortly after the nightclub closed down.

Rescue workers said some the injured were a mix of waiters, waitresses, and "Coyote" dancing girls. The victims also include three individuals who are younger than 18, a member of the rescue team added.

Some of the victims are reported to be in critical condition, with shrapnel and blast wounds on their heads, legs, and arms.

According to the initial police investigation, two large groups of teenagers were engaging in a fight at the parking lot of the nightclub earlier in the morning, some of them smashing each other in the head with bottles of alcoholic beverage.

The fight eventually subsided after one of the rival groups withdrew and made their way to a local police station to file complaints. However, witnesses told police, as the nightclub staff were leaving the establishment after closing time, a pair of teenagers drove a motorcycle to the bar and hurled a grenade at the crowd at the parking lot, before speeding away.

Police said only one CCTV was installed in the vicinity around the crime scene, and the camera was too far off to clearly identify the perpetrators. Officers suspect that the pair might have been engaged in the fistfight at the pub earlier and returned to the scene for revenge.

It is not immediately clear if the owners of U-Turn Pub might face any legal action for employing underage individuals as nightclub staff, and admitting underage patrons into the establishment.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1395907627

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-27

I am surprised to read this report. I always thought that CR was one of the quieter places in Thailand.

Yes, me too.

But it seems everybody in Thailand have a stash of grenades or other weapon in their homes, to be used whenever they fancy to do so.

It's a new one to me, over near the river apparently.

There's a lot more ordinance laying around up here than people realise, the thriving drug trade up on the border requires the necessary tools.

Plus the army base is only a short distance away.

Edited by sceadugenga

No big surprise.

The U Turn Pub is in the midst of that whole area that is infamous for Late Night Clubs and Bars just north-west of Central Shopping Mall in Chiang Rai.

That area is frequented by thousands of young locals nightly.

Throwing bombs seems to be a new thing for young Thai's all over Thailand. It should be no surprise it happening in Chiang Rai where the Red Shirts are very active.

The bombs probably came from militant's stashes of weapons.

Blind eyes are turned on these establishments and the whole Local late night scene while the local authorities go out of their way to over regulate on the expat bars in the tourist area.

Who needs the Taliban, as long as you have some spoiled sh... kids like these around? How long will it take until those morons believe 40 bar girls and a suitcase full of ya-ice are awaiting them in Nirvana, to carry out suicide bombings?

Edited by Lupatria

I am surprised to read this report. I always thought that CR was one of the quieter places in Thailand.

Grenades, home made bombs, shootings, stabbings, happens in EVERY small moo-ban everywhere in Thailand. Every Mor-lam in every village now ends in a fight. It aint what it was 10 years ago. Place has definetely changed.

I suppose it was to much for the local police to actually think that other gang would come back later that same night to exicute some type of revenge knowning what these hot hearted teenagers are like ??????

Naaahhh To simple for the local Branch Commander to order 4 or 5 Police to patrol the hot spot that night just in case

I WILL GIVE YOU A TIP 4 NOTHING POLICE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE WORTHLESS FULL STOP PERIOD

IT WOULD NOT MATTER IF YOU HAD 5 MILLION POLICE OFFICERS IN THAILAND ZIPPO WOULD CHANGE

Their Mindset to policing is wrong

Edited by onthedarkside
no need for all that underscore - removed

What were teenagers doing with a grenade in the first place you may ask. Well its seems this question is not asked in Thailand! Same thing a week or two ago in Issan I believe at a concert . In the UK there would be a national outrage here nobody even bats an eyelid it seems. Very sad thing to happen in a place I call home and have children....

• Like 1