Consular visit

Mrs Louise Stokes, Senior Pro Consul for the British Embassy assistance team to visit Samui

Mrs Louise Stokes, Senior Pro Consul for the British Embassy assistance team in Bangkok will visit the Island on 27-28 March for a routine consular visit. Louise will be in Max Murphy’s, Naton on Fri afternoon from 1330hrs to meet resident Brits for a light hearted chat. If you would like to be included please arrive by 1315hrs. This visit has been planned for a while but unfortunately clashes with changes to passports announced yesterday. Passports and Visas aren’t part of the consular remit therefore Louise isn’t able to discuss applications in any great detail.

We look forward to meeting everyone on Friday 28th March @ Max Murphys.

Sorry Rooo - I was working! sad.png

I'm still paying off the loan for my new passport last year. NOW they drop the price. Hah! whistling.gif

Yes, but apparently you now have to go to Bangkok to apply for a new passport, and back again to receive it.

Is that correct?

Sorry Rooo - I was working! sad.png

I'm still paying off the loan for my new passport last year. NOW they drop the price. Hah! whistling.gif

Yes, but apparently you now have to go to Bangkok to apply for a new passport, and back again to receive it.

Is that correct?

All details posted HERE.

Has it been beneficial?

It was to those that attended.....

Ms Stokes was very approachable and seemed genuinely determined to rectify the internet warrior perception that her department was unable to help those who genuinely find themselves in difficulties through no fault of their own which of course rules out half the hard luck stories on here. Definitely didn't come across as an easy pension chaser, quite the opposite.

After hearing what she had to say given choice of advice from her or some of the resident thai visa know/guess alls whom I would turn to.

• Like 1