Thai man arrested for growing marijuana at home

webfact

Is there any Thai party or organization that working towards it's legalization in Thailand? I remember some 10 years ago we have had a political party in Israel called "Green flower". Their political platform was simple: to legalize it. They have nearly gotten into knesset.

I think if any party with a promise of legalizing mj, reducing punishment for using other drugs would be created in Thailand, perhaps could get more votes than red or yellow shirts. And, they would be called "green shirts".

Taking look around there are a very good number of Thais who might be using mj, yaba and perhaps other things. And to put things into perspective, they aren't necessarily bad guys. Most just tried because of peer pressure, seeing their friends do it. Then it hooks. BTW: Similar things can be said about the pushers. Of course all of this affects health, but are we born to live forever? Alcohol, cigarettes and even industrial poisons affects our health, but we don't have them arrested.

Also, moderation is another issue. I have seen people using yaabaa one time a month; even though it is a nasty drug, the effects on their health wouldn't be that huge probably. Using mj once a week or twice a week is not that bad too. Compare it with someone who is drinking alcohol everyday.

There are some other considerations of course.

• Like 1

Normally, these plants are destroyed...why are they bagging them? Going to another location to be used in cooking?

A small time grower (five or six plants in his bedroom closet) friend was busted in Albuquerque (after a neighbor called the pork to complain about a noisy, late night party his younger sister was thoughtlessly having while he wasn't even home) and the pork weighed everything in the home even remotely associated with the grow; the "crop" of course, but also the growing medium, the water in the hydroponic system, all of the hardware, lights, clipping tools, a roll of garbage bags in the kitchen cupboard, etc to determine the weight of the 'product' for the purpose of determining the severity of the charges. All were lumped together and classified as a 'controlled substance.' Because the total weight was fairly *high* and a guest at the sister's party had California plates, they tried to charge him with interstate trafficking. Fortunately the judge openly laughed at that attempt in open court and dismissed all but the most basic offense of possession, for which he then sentenced my friend to a *year of detention* and *three years of supervised parole.* Because of the intense scrutiny (legal stalking and harassment) by one of the pigs who felt humiliated by the judge's ruling, it took my friend *12 years* to get free of the for-profit so-called so-called 'criminal justice system.' And some wonder why respect for government institutions is at an all-time low and still plummeting.

I'm quite certain I used to grow more pot and use more yaba on my Ubon farm than that unfortunate peasant from Pitsanuloke. (BTW, and not to boast but simply to make the point, for those naive posters who, most likely without personal experience buy into the state promulgated malarkey of neurological damage by use of even minor quantities of the above, I hold a couple of advanced degrees from ivy league institutions as well as Chulalongkorn).

Edited by BanTamo
  • Like 1