Thai Post - Drive Thru in Chiang Mai ....awesome!

kaptainrob

Yes LHS = Left Hand Side, opposite is RHS = Right Hand Side ... common use abbreviations in English. Sorry, I forgot many BM's have other primary language.

Common? I've been reading English for nearly 60 years and this is the first time I've ever seen it. LSE.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 2

Yes LHS = Left Hand Side, opposite is RHS = Right Hand Side ... common use abbreviations in English. Sorry, I forgot many BM's have other primary language.

Odd. I speak english and never heard or used lhs.

Common? I've been reading English for nearly 60 years and this is the first time I've ever seen it. LSE.

Never too late to learn > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHS

Went to that post office the other week. Was this guard gesticulating to park my car right in front of the main entrance of the regular post office. Being well educated I did not want to oblige, so park at the car park. Did not notice the sign that is posted here, and the guard did not point it top me. I queued 15 minutes and was in a hurry, but would have known wouldn't have wasted that time queuing. Nobody else seemed to noticed it either, the English sign is inside, in the shade...

Abbreviated printing is usable when it is a common public knowledge like - HRH - BBC - BoE - CBE - IMF -RIP RSH - PM - MP - PS - etc.

If not known generally then the full wording should be printed firstly and then behind the full wording comes the printed abbreviation, firstly placed within a bracket and then ...

i.e. > Left Hand Side (LHS) < after this the abbreviation can then be used throughout the entire printing.

Edited by personchester