'Govt should step aside': Thai Chamber of Commerce

webfact

"Government should step aside"..... Just shows how insane these people are. Anyone who thinks that an unelected elitist junta would be an improvement on a democratically elected government with a landslide majority needs their head examined.

The increasingly shrill pronouncements from the anti democracy faction shows how desperate they have become. Look at Sutheps latest stunt, another rally. Been there, done that, didn't work.

Your last six words, " been there done that didn't work" EXACTLY describes your beloved government.

"Been there, done that, couldn't get elected" would be an accurate description of the alternative.

3rd time in a row your lot have been disgraced and thrown out.... good record for democracy.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy seriously needs his head read if he thinks "a reform period" under a "neutral Prime Minister" (i.e. Suthep's demands) will bring stability to the country. More like civil war.

The country will never be stable as long as armed thugs can shut down elections with the blessing of the courts and the military.

The only way for Thailand to become stable anytime soon is for the yellows to respect democracy, allow elections, and respect the results. If they lose (which is likely) then they need to either suck s!*t and accept being in opposition, or take a good hard look at themselves and change their platform to something that the majority of Thai people actually want.

As I imagine that though, I also mentally hear the sound of pigs flapping their wings, which is why I predict that the troubles (and associated economic stagnation) will continue throughout this year and the next.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hear the sound of pigs flapping their wings

I like that. laugh.png

about the rest I am not sure

I don't know why everyone always brings up that the Democrats should change their policies, when a poll prior to the 2011 electionin the N/NE rated their policies as better.

There may a lot of things that the Democrats need to do to get elected, but changing their policies isn't one of them.

Poll? Poll? LMFAO! There's only one poll that counts in a democracy and it's called a 'General Election'. Any other kind of poll is just a piece of paid for propaganda. I thought everyone knew that.

Did you even read my post?

I don't know why everyone always brings up that the Democrats should change their policies, when a poll prior to the 2011 electionin the N/NE rated their policies as better.

There may a lot of things that the Democrats need to do to get elected, but changing their policies isn't one of them.

Poll? Poll? LMFAO! There's only one poll that counts in a democracy and it's called a 'General Election'. Any other kind of poll is just a piece of paid for propaganda. I thought everyone knew that.

Good government GOVERN democratically NOT get thrown out.

By the way have you programmed your notebook to auto red answer only. ??? as I never see any admittance to any wrongs by your beloved party.

Edited by ginjag

Did you?

• Like 1

Did you?

Are you 6 years old??

• Like 2

So the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade is on board with reforms before elections and the Govt "stepping down". Very interesting. Are they in PDRC/Dem/Anti-Govt's pockets too? What do you think fab4?

Not sure who is in which pocket but they are all in the same Amaeta coat.

The rich and powerful in Bangkok are all trying to get rid of the government that was elected by the people of Thailand.

• Like 2

So the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade is on board with reforms before elections and the Govt "stepping down". Very interesting. Are they in PDRC/Dem/Anti-Govt's pockets too? What do you think fab4?

The rich and powerful in Bangkok are all trying to get rid of the government that was elected by the people of Thailand.

Slight correction to your limited view of things.

It's actually the old rich and powerful in Bangkok trying to get rid of the new equally rich and powerful from the North.

Forget using elite, amart and all the other fun catchwords you use to polarize people and hide what's really going on. People are seeing through it now.

As for that majority, well keep blowing on about it if you want but it's not relevant, there is no elected Govt at the moment. And when election time rolls around once more, there is not a snowballs chance in hell that PT/Thaksin will be able to claim that majority again. Wait and see.

• Like 2

Grown up debating isn't your strong point, is it? Let me spell it out in simple terms. Democrat party commissions a poll in the NE on their policies. Poll shows that most people prefer the Democrats. Fantastic! No need to change their policies. And then a few months later reality bites them in the bum when nearly everyone in the NE votes for PTP and returns them with a landslide majority.

You come back with "Did you?" and you comment on my debating skills?? cheesy.gif

Was it a poll commissioned by the Democrats? IIRC it was a blind poll asking people to rate a number of policies from many parties.

The point is, most people in the North / North East won't vote for the Democrats regardless of their policies.

• Like 1

Grown up debating isn't your strong point, is it? Let me spell it out in simple terms. Democrat party commissions a poll in the NE on their policies. Poll shows that most people prefer the Democrats. Fantastic! No need to change their policies. And then a few months later reality bites them in the bum when nearly everyone in the NE votes for PTP and returns them with a landslide majority.

You come back with "Did you?" and you comment on my debating skills?? cheesy.gif

Was it a poll commissioned by the Democrats? IIRC it was a blind poll asking people to rate a number of policies from many parties.

The point is, most people in the North / North East won't vote for the Democrats regardless of their policies.

Perfectly understandable. I mean, who's going to vote for a party that repeatedly tries to slither into Government House by judicial and military coups, and has now given up on elections altogether. The real mystery is why anyone still wants to vote for a party that doesn't take part in elections.

So yes, getting back to your original point, they need to radically overhaul their policies, rejoin the democratic process and ditch their wanted-murderer liability leader.

• Like 2

Another right wing entity the PTP demonize and disagree with. The list grows. So Thai Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trade join the ever growing list that include the World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, the Environmentalists, the corn farmer, rubber farmers, rice farmers, medical association, rural teachers, academics, Supa, global economists, IMF, private banks, GSB, the EC, AoT, the courts, military, bangkok middle class, business owner, state enterprise staff, Buddhist monks, civil servants, labor unions, Green Politics group, Thai Constitution Protection Association, The Thai press, NIDA poll and Bangkok Poll.

​Seems like the only supporters they have left is someone with a lighter in one hand and an AK-47 in the other as well as 6 farangs on TVF.

​This typifies an inability to respect the voice of the majority. Come elections and they loose it will be the same. They will either demonize the majority (which in fact they are doing now) or will not accept the results and say the DEM's rigged the polls and come out onto the streets and burn things. Typical terrorist trait.

I understand their frustration. I support the DEM's and they have not won the last 8 elections so I know the pain the PTP supporters on TVF are feeling now. Yes, it hurts, but don't demonize. Come up with some good sustainable polices, be transparent, respect the majorities voice and most of all don't be hypercritical in saying you respect elections then have the party run by an unelectable accused mass murderer, accused terrorist convicted criminal fugitive. All that does is show your contempt for the electoral process. The coup mongers never learn though. Electoral coup written all over it. They say the last coup was in 2006. I refute that. It was in 2011 when the unelectable ran things. Well the majority don't respect this obvious underscoring of that principle of democracy and they, like the above entities want to see reform to ensure that an unelectable accused terrorist, accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive does not have access to the trillions of tax dollars that the good people of Thailand have previously provided him. What have we to show for it. 18 million tons of rice and 130 billion baht outstanding and no one is better off unless you consider an afterlife after suicide a better life!

​Well done Thai Chamber of Commerce for not being DEM biased, but being common sense biased. Biased in ensuring that reform is needed and that the Thai people come first. You respect the majority more than the PTP do.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Perfectly understandable. I mean, who's going to vote for a party that repeatedly tries to slither into Government House by judicial and military coups, and has now given up on elections altogether. The real mystery is why anyone still wants to vote for a party that doesn't take part in elections.

So yes, getting back to your original point, they need to radically overhaul their policies, rejoin the democratic process and ditch their wanted-murderer liability leader.

What a load of one sided rubbish, Kicked out again remember,

"Government should step aside"..... Just shows how insane these people are. Anyone who thinks that an unelected elitist junta would be an improvement on a democratically elected government with a landslide majority needs their head examined.

The increasingly shrill pronouncements from the anti democracy faction shows how desperate they have become. Look at Sutheps latest stunt, another rally. Been there, done that, didn't work.

Your last six words, " been there done that didn't work" EXACTLY describes your beloved government.

"Been there, done that, couldn't get elected" would be an accurate description of the alternative.

3rd time in a row your lot have been disgraced and thrown out.... good record for democracy.

Is it only 3 times that the democratically elected government has been removed by the Bangkok Elite?

I thought it was more than that.

• Like 1

BlueSky is only showing low angle shots again, check out the other stations who are showing high angle stuff. The crowd in about 5K

• Like 1

Is it only 3 times that the democratically elected government has been removed by the Bangkok Elite?

Strictly speaking, the anti-democracy minority have staged about 18 coups in 80 years of semi-democracy in Thailand. 19 if the current coup succeeds. Of course, the current government has been elected six-times-in-a-row, so there's a big push back from the greater mass of Thai people who want democracy.

• Like 2

>>'Govt should step aside'

>> The Nation

A word or 15 of caution here. This is a VERY exclusive story, reported only in one newspaper. Other media have reports about the C-of-C comments, but none have any slant on the story such as this.

Isn't that the idea of journalism?

Getting the story from different sides, just because no other paper asked the opinion of the TCOC does not mean that they made it up.

Think the last 3 in a row. not so much who got rid of them but the reasons why is the main question......look them up anyone ???

Edited by ginjag

Strictly speaking, the anti-democracy minority have staged about 18 coups in 80 years of semi-democracy in Thailand. 19 if the current coup succeeds. Of course, the current government has been elected six-times-in-a-row, so there's a big push back from the greater mass of Thai people who want democracy.

And the 1992 coup was heralded a great success by thaksin who didn't denounce it as anti democratic. He in fact celebrated the coup with the other coup mongers and made billions of baht off the back of it. The 2006 coup didn't suit his agenda though, so yes that one was undemocratic. Same result, different agenda. So in fact that undemocratic minority you refer to includes thaksin as well.

You forgot the last coup as well. The one in 2011 when an unelectable, accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive, coup monger (say that 6 times drunk, LOL) took the top job in the country.

post-140765-0-98557900-1396067167_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

It's actually the old rich and powerful in Bangkok trying to get rid of the new equally rich and powerful from the North.

Forget using elite, amart and all the other fun catchwords you use to polarize people and hide what's really going on. People are seeing through it now.

As for that majority, well keep blowing on about it if you want but it's not relevant, there is no elected Govt at the moment. And when election time rolls around once more, there is not a snowballs chance in hell that PT/Thaksin will be able to claim that majority again. Wait and see.

Not a lot to disagree with in your respose, The leaders of both sides are rich, the poor have little voice in Thailand except elections. The supporters of Suthep are generally richer and more powerful than the supporters of democracy.

I have to disagree with what you say about the majority as you would expect. I believe that if an election is held under the present rules then PTP will win. If Suthep gets his way, the rules will be changed to such an extent that democracy will become a sham and there is no way of knowing who will win the faux election he will come up with. Do you remember the last time the Ammata were in charge of a vote? The referendum on the Constitution, It was illegal to voice disagreemnet with the proposal and the military stated that if the people did not vote for the constitution they would just select one of the old ones and rule by that.

There is an elected Government at the moment, PTP are governing in caretaker mode until there are elections or a coup.

• Like 1

Not a lot to disagree with in your respose, The leaders of both sides are rich, the poor have little voice in Thailand except elections. The supporters of Suthep are generally richer and more powerful than the supporters of democracy.

I have to disagree with what you say about the majority as you would expect. I believe that if an election is held under the present rules then PTP will win. If Suthep gets his way, the rules will be changed to such an extent that democracy will become a sham and there is no way of knowing who will win the faux election he will come up with. Do you remember the last time the Ammata were in charge of a vote? The referendum on the Constitution, It was illegal to voice disagreemnet with the proposal and the military stated that if the people did not vote for the constitution they would just select one of the old ones and rule by that.

There is an elected Government at the moment, PTP are governing in caretaker mode until there are elections or a coup.

You forgot to add, OR they get thrown out the same as the last 3 times in a row.

well perhaps you'd like to share with us all what the rules are now and what changes Suthep is going to - none of your usual lies please, quoted facts only

I don't expect an answer

This guy seriously needs his head read if he thinks "a reform period" under a "neutral Prime Minister" (i.e. Suthep's demands) will bring stability to the country. More like civil war.

The country will never be stable as long as armed thugs can shut down elections with the blessing of the courts and the military.

The only way for Thailand to become stable anytime soon is for the yellows to respect democracy, allow elections, and respect the results. If they lose (which is likely) then they need to either suck s!*t and accept being in opposition, or take a good hard look at themselves and change their platform to something that the majority of Thai people actually want.

As I imagine that though, I also mentally hear the sound of pigs flapping their wings, which is why I predict that the troubles (and associated economic stagnation) will continue throughout this year and the next.

You raise an excellent point about the need for the opposition in its various manifestations to reform its policies.At the moment their position is akin to an arsonist who not only starts a fire but prevents the firemen from extinguishing the blaze, and then blames it on the home owner.The Democrats have disgracefully placed their hopes in a corrupt and thuggish provincial boss rather than internal reform which might produce a less discredited leadership and more attractive policies.Meamwhile the "reform before elections" mantra seems as imprecise and unthought out as ever.It is impossible to get a clear answer on what exact electoral reforms are required, or a coherent response on why the last election was not valid.

"There may a lot of things that the Democrats need to do to get elected, but changing their policies isn't one of them"

Good luck with that!

• Like 1

my god the crowd is huge in Bangkok today - if that is not a clear message to PTP I don't know what is

The red supporters on here will say only a hundred or so. All along same the government DENIAL. and the march is by YELLOWS who are not democratic, and the dems who cannot get elected. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

You raise an excellent point about the need for the opposition in its various manifestations to reform its policies.At the moment their position is akin to an arsonist who not only starts a fire but prevents the firemen from extinguishing the blaze, and then blames it on the home owner.The Democrats have disgracefully placed their hopes in a corrupt and thuggish provincial boss rather than internal reform which might produce a less discredited leadership and more attractive policies.Meamwhile the "reform before elections" mantra seems as imprecise and unthought out as ever.It is impossible to get a clear answer on what exact electoral reforms are required, or a coherent response on why the last election was not valid.

"There may a lot of things that the Democrats need to do to get elected, but changing their policies isn't one of them"

Good luck with that!

Best of luck in court, she will need more than that though.

my god the crowd is huge in Bangkok today - if that is not a clear message to PTP I don't know what is

It's a Saturday. Just the usual whistling grannies combining a bit of light entertainment with their usual saturday visit to the designer shopping malls. And then there's the noodle vendors, the fake whistle sellers, the paid thugs, the shiny leader and the mad monk...... Not much here to concern an elected government.

• Like 1

Call an election and let the people decide who they want.

I agree.

But first make the elections fair and free and inform the people about whom and what they are voting

"But first make the elections fair and free and inform the people about whom and what they are voting"

For all its' imperfections, Thailand's elections have been fair and free....Even a deluge of Mainstream Media support for the DP has not swayed independent voting.....Which is obvious from the results.

Political Parties have had every opportunity to advocate their electoral policy planks....There is every reason to believe the voters knew about whom and what they were voting for. Even the anti-Thaksinites cannot complain...he was front-and-center in a very transparent way throughout the election....People knew......Unlike those pulling AV's strings - but that is another story.

You can denigrate those who the PAD-Dem's arrogantly call uneducated buffalo's, but let me assure you, they are politicised big time.....The lowly Villager knew as well as an uppity PHD, who to vote for considering their self-interest.

To suggest what the above quote indicates, is a characterization unelectables like to place on an election, instead of pointing at their own electoral inadequacies.

And spare me veering off into vote-buying idiocy, and engaging in holier-than-thou finger pointing...Everyone does it, cancels each other out, and results would be the same with or without vote buying.

What went wrong with PTP's promise "You will all be rich in 6 months"?cheesy.gif

My wife was taught there is no plural for YOU

so you mean all of us

all of us includes Us

Us Includes me

so it is so simple why you not understand

PTP's promise "We will all be rich in 6 months"?

Call an election and let the people decide who they want.

I agree.

But first make the elections fair and free and inform the people about whom and what they are voting

"But first make the elections fair and free and inform the people about whom and what they are voting"

For all its' imperfections, Thailand's elections have been fair and free....Even a deluge of Mainstream Media support for the DP has not swayed independent voting.....Which is obvious from the results.

Political Parties have had every opportunity to advocate their electoral policy planks....There is every reason to believe the voters knew about whom and what they were voting for. Even the anti-Thaksinites cannot complain...he was front-and-center in a very transparent way throughout the election....People knew......Unlike those pulling AV's strings - but that is another story.

You can denigrate those who the PAD-Dem's arrogantly call uneducated buffalo's, but let me assure you, they are politicised big time.....The lowly Villager knew as well as an uppity PHD, who to vote for considering their self-interest.

To suggest what the above quote indicates, is a characterization unelectables like to place on an election, instead of pointing at their own electoral inadequacies.

And spare me veering off into vote-buying idiocy, and engaging in holier-than-thou finger pointing...Everyone does it, cancels each other out, and results would be the same with or without vote buying.

If you ever get elected again try NOT to get thrown out, habit of your clan.