A/C Size

Gonsalviz

I want to keep a room around 26 degrees is to keep my $1.5 million baht bike from corroding. The room is collecting heavy moisture now, in the dry season. When I work in the shop I do like to be comfortable.

The room is 4 X 6 x 3 meters. Not really small and the room is made from 3 1/2 inch SIP which probably does not have the highest total R value. The door is a big heat leaker, 6 inch wide hollow band all the way around. Eventually I will fill it with foam.

I chose 20,000 but because that is what I was told I need for my bedroom of the same appoximate size. 5 X 5.5 X 3 meters. Other suggestions?

My workshop is 4x10x3 and it has a 24,900 unit but needs fan to get air to the back. So for you 20,000 should be OK. I always work with a fan as well.

Fans cost less to run than AC units.

Buy an AC unit that has "dry" or humidity controlled setting so it removes the humidity regardless of temperature.

BTW a can of WD-40 sprayed regularly on the right places will mitigate any corrosion caused by storing in a humid place.

3.5" SIP is pretty good insulation, as it's polystyrene or polyiso foam filled. Much better than brick or block. Make sure your ceiling is equally insulated and weatherstrip / seal the door & any window gaps to minimize infiltration of hot outside air. Also, make sure the edges of your SIP's are sealed (caulked).

Then, put a few good coats of concrete sealer on the slab. This is where your moisture is coming from, as concrete is a great sponge and will pull moisture from the soil continuously and them transfer it to your cooler inside air via evaporation... and then deposit it via condensation on the cool metal of your machine. Not cool.

Plant some banana trees on the west side for instant shade on your west facing wall, then install the beer keg fridge and let me know when its time to inspect!

I'm guessing this workshop is not in Thailand !

If it is where did you get the SIP?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From a cold room supplier maybe? :)

I'm guessing this workshop is not in Thailand !

If it is where did you get the SIP?

From a cold room supplier maybe? :)

Certainly a possibility ... hopefully the Op will let us know!