Wanna buy a house in Thailand with your Thai wife / GF? Think twice and DON'T DO IT.

gp2002

You don't deserve a cent. In 3 years you have prob paid zero off the mortgage. Include selling costs you would get nothing.Also you if like most of us have been in company withyounger attractive squeeze. Move on . You have made one good point. Never do this unless you make legal precautions. You were just dumb. I know imI'm harsh but can't believe how many farang do the exact same thing. <deleted>

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know imI'm harsh but can't believe how many farang do the exact same thing. <deleted>

simply because many farang naively/stupidly keep telling themselves "she's different" thats why..thumbsup.gif

You never hear about the one's that are different. They don't need an internet forum to cry daily about the devious women and country that removed their cash. Can't find a job? Thailand is awful I'm moving to China. Farm girl outsmarts truck driver. Thai education is awful and can't compare with the West. Wait....... That doesn't make sense. Oh well back to the drawing board. That darn Thai rote learning will never teach them anything. "Get the cash, get the cash, get the cash. Now repeat after me, get the cash, get the cash, get the cash. Thailand has no home mortgages. No home mortgages - get the cash, get the cash. Borrow from bank bad, get the cash get the cash. thumbsup.gif

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I know imI'm harsh but can't believe how many farang do the exact same thing. <deleted>

simply because many farang naively/stupidly keep telling themselves "she's different" thats why..thumbsup.gif

You never hear about the one's that are different. They don't need an internet forum to cry daily about the devious women and country that removed their cash. Can't find a job? Thailand is awful I'm moving to China. Farm girl outsmarts truck driver. Thai education is awful and can't compare with the West. Wait....... That doesn't make sense. Oh well back to the drawing board. That darn Thai rote learning will never teach them anything. "Get the cash, get the cash, get the cash. Now repeat after me, get the cash, get the cash, get the cash. Thailand has no home mortgages. No home mortgages - get the cash, get the cash. Borrow from bank bad, get the cash get the cash. thumbsup.gif

Happy now ?

• Like 2

Happy now ?

Why would you make a comment like that?

• Like 1

Because the only purpose of such a meaningless rant is to release pent-up anger, certainly doesn't inform or entertain.

The questions I answered. 1. Only ignorant people get taken. 2. Smart guys find the one's that are different. 3. Rote learning is better than no learning at all. 4. If you want to buy a house in Thailand no problem. A. Be an old guy. B. Borrow the money from the bank the longer the mortgage the better.

Because the only purpose of such a meaningless rant is to release pent-up anger, certainly doesn't inform or entertain.

It entertained me.

Well presumably he'd rather be laughed WITH rather than laughed AT.

The questions I answered. 1. Only ignorant people get taken. 2. Smart guys find the one's that are different. 3. Rote learning is better than no learning at all. 4. If you want to buy a house in Thailand no problem. A. Be an old guy. B. Borrow the money from the bank the longer the mortgage the better.

Well phrased the way you did above few would be willing or able to extract those messages.

#1 IMO this is true, but not due to superior discernment (#2 I agree is a farce) but setting up your deals so that it isn't possible to be taken at all.

#4 add "as a gift for your teerak" to "buy a house", don't expect to get any cash out of the deal ever (exceptions noted)

I think many times that I may be in a very small minority of Farangs in Thailand that know banks lend money. The problem is not buying the house it is how it's bought. A house in Thailand is a place to live and not a vehicle to make a profit. Make profit in other investments. Live in the house. As long as the mortgage payments are close to rent payments there is nothing wrong with buying.

• Like 2

I think many times that I may be in a very small minority of Farangs in Thailand that know banks lend money. The problem is not buying the house it is how it's bought. A house in Thailand is a place to live and not a vehicle to make a profit. Make profit in other investments. Live in the house. As long as the mortgage payments are close to rent payments there is nothing wrong with buying.

Why buy then if rent is same as repayments. Geez. I'm an x developer in au and yes having property is an OK investment. My shares last year on high/medium risk made over 20%. Most people buying condos etc here in Thailand are nuts. No figures remotely add up and long term worse as they keep building condos with rich Thai and Chinese money. Yeah go buy. Even better put it in Thai gf /wife name. Brilliant move

• Like 1

did you say, "she's different?"

Why buy then if rent is same as repayments. Geez. I'm an x developer in au and yes having property is an OK investment. My shares last year on high/medium risk made over 20%. Most people buying condos etc here in Thailand are nuts. No figures remotely add up and long term worse as they keep building condos with rich Thai and Chinese money. Yeah go buy. Even better put it in Thai gf /wife name. Brilliant move

You've misunderstood at least the most recent branch of that discussion.

As long as you KNOW you're not getting anything back, and don't mind paying your teerak's mortgage, realizing it's a gift, or payment for services whatever, AND you'd be paying that much in rent anyway, then no skin off your nose.

General principle being, you're always free to walk away with no regrets.

To me that's not one of the rare exceptions to "never buy only rent" because it isn't YOU that's buying anything, you're just helping to pay her bills just as if you were paying the phone and electric.

Glad to hear a RE pro confirm my own observations on rent vs buy ratios here, they are indeed idiotic even compared to other bubble situations overseas. But there's so much silly cash money floating around this part of the world may well prop it up forever, where in more rational economic markets those bubbles get popped. . .

• Like 1

Typical wank from Wym. You like to steer forums. Yes you post 3500 in two months. If you want to take care of the teerak. Do a will leave her some money and make it easy for next bloke. Better still buy a joint for her in somewhere like AUain her name and she can live off the rent.

Not sure what rock you crawled out from under but...

This is so commonly known these days that have done any reading on Thailand and relationships that I figure most people know the stories and risks involved.

So complaining after the fact is soon becoming more like a whine. And nobody likes a man who whines.

Doing a thing with good intentions and, probably, trust and then getting <deleted>, is no reason to whinge you think ? He has every reason to it IMO. In fact you are saying; naivety deserves no reciprocity !

FIrst of all, I'm assuming is a MAN we are talking about.

He needs to accept responsibility for this going in and possibility of things going south WAS there.

If this is not the case, I have to question what's wrong with this guy emotionally or what personality problems he has.

I'm not in any way advocating any of this myself personally, just clarifying your misunderstanding of others' advice, which I happen to agree isn't so stupid.

Personally I rent my own place and the girls can come and go as they please, any money spent on them other than the food budget goes right into their hands up to them what they do with it.

Life is hard enough isn't it, why do you feel the need to be so unpleasant? Yes I waste too much time here, but my business how I spend my time what I do with my life.

Feel free to set me on ignore and you'll never have to suffer my posts again!

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

You've misunderstood at least the most recent branch of that discussion.

As long as you KNOW you're not getting anything back, and don't mind paying your teerak's mortgage, realizing it's a gift, or payment for services whatever, AND you'd be paying that much in rent anyway, then no skin off your nose.

General principle being, you're always free to walk away with no regrets.

To me that's not one of the rare exceptions to "never buy only rent" because it isn't YOU that's buying anything, you're just helping to pay her bills just as if you were paying the phone and electric.

Glad to hear a RE pro confirm my own observations on rent vs buy ratios here, they are indeed idiotic even compared to other bubble situations overseas. But there's so much silly cash money floating around this part of the world may well prop it up forever, where in more rational economic markets those bubbles get popped. . .

I do not know why this concept is so hard to get across?

I was an amateur in thailand, and found that exact circumstance,

young pretty girl, owned a house, I was paying rent for a condo I didnt like, that didnt have a woman in the bedroom, living room, or kitchen,

had a great relationship for 5 months, ,with its fights, and love making,

and I even got a ride to the airport?

we both wanted and still want more,

isnt that a fair exchange, complete with a happy ending?

even with her slender body and firm mind, she was a little too hardened by the thai life, or I would have stayed longer.

I knew when the law of diminishing returns was about to turn, and I wanted to make sure there was no resentment on either side

> no resentment on either side

I'd be very surprised if she sees it that way, if you don't "take care" in her coming "hour of need".

In her mind you owe her believe me, or at least that's what she'll be showing on the outside.

> no resentment on either side

I'd be very surprised if she sees it that way, if you don't "take care" in her coming "hour of need".

In her mind you owe her believe me, or at least that's what she'll be showing on the outside.

She is too proud to beg.

She would rather work before lowering herself this time without a guaranteed answer in pocket.

Remember, I wasn't in love, or emotionally manipulated.

Like you, ours was a business transaction which ran its course

You are not the only one skilled in handling female emotions or emotional blackmail.

I lived with the expert for 9 years

Edited by Scarpolo

did you miss the part that you set up a thai company and own the land/house bloody rookie don't know anything..

Does not a Thai company, require Thai partners?

Just from the writing styple of that statement I would avoid further debating... We have it seen some already and how it ended ? Everyone remained conviced that the other is wrong, and an idiot.

Wyn. Had multiple profiles in the past

Yes, we know that, but you have only been here since January, so who were you previously?

Just curious, couldn't give a hoot really, but you could do me a favour and tone the language down, I am a sensitive sort of guy at heart tongue.png