Second weekend with total alcohol ban in Thailand

george

Tonight is the second weekend in March that we have an alcohol ban in Thailand due to senatorial elections.

And last night was dry as a countrywide alcohol ban was in force from 6pm. Tonight (Sunday) most venues will not be serving alcohol, it's prohibited until midnight.

- How are bars, restaurants and hotels coping with this?

- What does the tourists think?

- Does Thailand have it's fair share of alcoholic expats? 50% of us are alcoholics? 30%? 90%?

Or is this actually a very healthy thing, a good thing, staying away from alcohol now and then?

What's your take?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Democracy must be saved whether the people want it or not - what an oxymoron. It seems to only affect the big name stores ... Big C, Tesco and the like ... I have found some 7-11's still selling liquors... And all over - I have seen for myself ... go down any soi - pick up whatever beer you want - regardless of temporary ban or not. Don't know about bars and clubs ... will have to check it out.

If you cannot get a beer today you are, I hate to say it an idiot. If you require entertainment with your beer maybe you will have a problem, but if you think you cannot carry on as usual you must live in a very strange world.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Deaw, just because you don't have any fun

WHERE ON EARTH DID I SAY THAT?

I just don't need some downer to allow me to have fun. If other people do, I feel kinda bad for them, really.

I have as much fun as the next guy, I just don't need some alcoholic beverage to do so.....if some people do, talk about a crutch.

• Like 2

In my experience, those most opposed to any control of the sale of booze, are those who make money from its sale and those who do not unerstand or practice moderation.

It is sometimes good to go without something, as then its more appreciated by those doing without as well as those subjected to the antics of those who over indulge on a regular basis. In my daily contacts, the only complainingt I hear is from those owning the establishments, Thaivisa contributors, do not appear to follow this pattern???

Deaw, just because you don't have any fun

WHERE ON EARTH DID I SAY THAT?

I just don't need some downer to allow me to have fun. If other people do, I feel kinda bad for them, really.

I have as much fun as the next guy, I just don't need some alcoholic beverage to do so.....if some people do, talk about a crutch.

I have fun reading a book, I have fun watching birds (the feathered kind), I have fun having a nice meal, and I have fun drinking a cold beer. All crutches? All to be banned?