Thai Passport | Bangna Office | Infant | Current Info

smileplur

Hi all,

I have a problem on my hands. I was hoping this would have been resolved by now, but it hasn't. I have postponed for as long as I can. Now, I need to apply for my son's Thai passport. He is nearly 1 year old. He already holds an American passport. We are scheduled to depart for a 16 day visit on April 25. Further complicating matters, I work daily from 11-3 at the moment.

We were told the Bangna office was open on Saturdays, so we woke up at 3:30 and drove to Central Bangna on Saturday morning. We arrived to find that they are no longer open on Saturdays. We were told to return on Monday.

This needs to be done. As both parents must be present, I need to finish the process by 10:00 if I am to make it to work on time. I could possibly arrive at 11:00 at the latest if required, but it is not preferable to do so.

Given the current situation, what time do you guys think would be best to arrive at Central Bangna to begin queuing? Mom is prepared to wait there for the queue while I return home with the child until the office opens. It's not best for him to be sitting in the queue.

Any help would be appreciated. I wasn't sure where to put this, so I just put it in general topics. Feel free to move it if you deem fit.

Edited by smileplur

Can't you call in sick for one day?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, that is possible, but it is not the best option. My company doesn't give too many sick days. I don't want to complicate this specific issue. I have a medical issue, cellulitis, which is healing. My situation could result in several days of hospitalization which would require further days off. I have a family to support here. I'd prefer to know what time is best to arrive at Central Banga's Passport Office in order to get an early queue number so the process can finish by 10:00 am.