Saloon door hinges?

rawhod

Has anyone seen any who sells saloon door type hinges in Chaing Mai. The sort that are seen on restaurant kitchen doors (and in old Cowboy movies saloons) where the door automatically swings back to the closed position when opened from either side.

Thank you

post-73196-0-12852400-1396229296_thumb.j

post-73196-0-69168600-1396229314_thumb.j

If it is any help Rawhod---they are commonly known as " Bommer Hinges "--I have fitted many in my time--if you find them make sure you get the right set--they have a couple of different profiles i.e for a flat as you have shown-- or for a raised surface like a 50x25mm that's part of the frame-- also various sizes in length--not the easiest to fit but work well--If you cant find them in Thailand at all--try the net

Good luck

If that was northern English terminology they would be called bummer hinges for sure.

I never heard of that term tho you are right, we called them "dash" double action spring hinges..

Not as easy to fit as you say!

Not noticed them in global, though didn't look for any, it was hafele who made the quality ones, not sure I would want to lose a finger fitting a thai product though.

Thank you...

I have looked in Sukkapan and HomePro without success.

They are in the Hafele catalogue and they do have a distributor in CM, so if I don't find them in Global, HomeMart etc. I'll try them.

I have seen some in Home Mall which is out near Mae Jo area. Not too sure on the quality but they are definitely the saloon door type hinges.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app